Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 14th, 2014, 12:15 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla: Kobolds of Idona Keep (Playtestin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I shudder at using Kobolds as tie down units for the beloved angels of death...

Obstacles? Sure. Tie down units, ewwww.

It seemed like a good idea, and I play with them fairly often. They obviously are in need of some help. Did I say something wrong?
Flameslayer has said to me before that he doesn't want c3v to release a custom to boost the empirium. Can't remember why though.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old February 14th, 2014, 12:20 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
Quote:

It seemed like a good idea, and I play with them fairly often. They obviously are in need of some help. Did I say something wrong?
Flameslayer has said to me before that he doesn't want c3v to release a custom to boost the empirium. Can't remember why though.
Cause they're beyond all hope of ever being usefull perhaps?

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 14th, 2014, 12:21 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:

Tie down units need to stick around, and be in your opponent's way. When using the EI especially, you dont want stuff being in the way of your marks. If Im using the Kobolds with the EI/Kiova I dont want the Kobolds to last. They make better sacrifices than anything...

Of course, I vehemently oppose screens

Edit: I think the EI are considerably better than most people think. They require a ton of strategy and planning, but have tons of options once you get the hang of using them. Besides, they do have too many units who buff them as is. Kiova, Marcus, Atlaga... One being literally only for them.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; February 14th, 2014 at 12:27 AM. Reason: They need to be played much differently than how they're handled...
Old February 14th, 2014, 12:39 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Not to hijack the thread, but I've used two squads of the EI with Kiova and RotV Raelin to good effect in a 450 point game.

Old February 14th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Putting the Kobolds next to the Goblins, I can't justify one having 2 Defense more than the other. These guys are cheap an expendable, but there's nothing wrong with either of those things.
Old February 14th, 2014, 12:04 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

In D&D, kobolds typically have a little natural armor because of their scales while goblins do not. Still, that natural armor is pretty minimal on kobolds and it's a bit of a tough sell to say that will buy you two defense over the goblins. Now, if we factor that knowledge in with them wearing more armor or being more skilled, people may be able to swallow these guys having 3 defense. The Greenscale Warriors have 3 defense after all. Maybe most of it comes from their scales.
Old February 14th, 2014, 12:11 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I don't think these Kobolds have any scales.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 14th, 2014, 12:19 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

According to their Wikipedia entry that you have quoted in their bio, these are the hairless and scaly variety. Just having scales doesn't mean it does you any good defensively, however. Just look at the Venoc Vipers.
Old February 14th, 2014, 12:32 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

What if you combined Flanking and a Defense boost for the Kobold if the attacker is adjacent to another figure you control? Like their natural defense is still 2, but they're better able to dodge when they have a mob?
Old February 14th, 2014, 05:48 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
What if you combined Flanking and a Defense boost for the Kobold if the attacker is adjacent to another figure you control? Like their natural defense is still 2, but they're better able to dodge when they have a mob?

Genius! Something like:

STRENGTH IN NUMBERS
Increase the attack and defense of a Kobold of Idona Keep by 1 if it is engaged with a figure you control.

It makes sense and could justify their 50 points.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old February 14th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS
Add 1 to the attack and defense of a Kobold of Idona Keep if it is adjacent to a figure you control.

It makes sense and could justify their 50 points.
fixed with official wording I believe.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old February 14th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

If that's the direction we want to go (which it is kind of cool), I'd suggest wording it like:

STRENGTH IN NUMBERS
A Kobold of Idona Keep rolls 1 additional die when attacking or defending against an opponent's figure that is engaged with at least one/two other figure(s) you control.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards