Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 25th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Why can't WOTC pull their heads from their rears and realize there are other games besides D&D and Magic? Heroscape is a fantastic game. I mean they must think so too since this game is Heroscape basically. Why not branch out, make other games, keep producing Heroscape. Not everything has to be D&D and Magic.
Why does every new movie have to be a Batman or Star Trek reboot? A Bladerunner sequel? An Aliens prequel? A new Mad Max?

Because brands sell. I too would like to see fantastic new, original content in both boardgames and movies, but if the choice is between branded content or no new content then I guess I'll take the branded content. If that's what motivates companies to bring products to market, so be it. I'm certainly no worse off than I was before.
Old October 25th, 2014, 12:42 PM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

Cost to duplicate MTG: BG

- $20 silicon duplication kit
- $60 dollars at staples (and lots of time with a X acto Knife)
- $20 in plastic resin

Estimated build time 1 week

Cost to duplicate Heroscape: ROTV

- $40 silicon duplication kit
- $20 dollars at staples
- $200 in plastic resin

Estimated build time 3 weeks

That smile on your face when it's all completed, Priceless.
For everything else there's Master Card.

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old October 25th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
No... just NO. If they have the money to make this, then they have the money to resurect Heroscape.
Not the issue. They aren't doing it because they have money, they're doing it because they want to make money. In their opinion (and I happen to agree), this will be more profitable to them at the moment that a HS relaunch.

~Aldin, Yes... just YES
They are probably thinking either from market research or experience that a new product (read: non-Heroscape) will sell more or make more money than a new Heroscape product. They have access to sales numbers and production costs for the whole line plus numbers for other more recent products like Dungeon Command and the Ravenloft Board Game.
Old October 25th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
No... just NO. If they have the money to make this, then they have the money to resurect Heroscape.
Not the issue. They aren't doing it because they have money, they're doing it because they want to make money. In their opinion (and I happen to agree), this will be more profitable to them at the moment that a HS relaunch.

~Aldin, Yes... just YES
I don't agree. I know alot of magic players. Most of them aren't going to be interested in a board game. Even if it is magic related. I just wish they would have made it fully compatible with scape. Even an official PDF for us scapers would be nice.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old October 25th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I just wish they would have made it fully compatible with scape. Even an official PDF for us scapers would be nice.
It's not going to be released for another year. Unless you have access to a time machine, you have no idea if they will make it fully compatible or if they will provide an official PDF.

And if you do, I have a brilliant idea that just needs a time machine to make all our wildest dreams come true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 25th, 2014, 04:16 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
I just wish they would have made it fully compatible with scape. Even an official PDF for us scapers would be nice.
It's not going to be released for another year. Unless you have access to a time machine, you have no idea if they will make it fully compatible or if they will provide an official PDF.

And if you do, I have a brilliant idea that just needs a time machine to make all our wildest dreams come true!
Step 1. Commit crimes using the time machine to get away all through history (or guaranteed wins in the lottery and at gambling, but where's the fun in that?).

Step 2. Fund at key points in geek history when things could have been changed using the money (WOTC buyout of Scape, help fund Marvel so they didn't have to sell properties to Movie companies and thus could have a better movie universe, buy out Firefly from Fox)

Step 3. ???

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Last edited by Heroscaper Guy; October 25th, 2014 at 04:23 PM. Reason: am I close Quozl?
Old October 25th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Which of these do you think costs more to produce?

And you'll pay about the same price for both, with a big smile on your face.

They're really Wizards.

Old October 25th, 2014, 04:44 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Actually, I'm not planning on buying this since I have all the terrain I could ever need, but I'd be more than happy to accept one as a gift from you if you don't mind shipping to the US.
Old October 25th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Foudzing, stop mocking people. Regardless of whether you are right, it is poor manners and it is unwelcome here. I will continue to dock you where I think appropriate, but if you do not change your ways I will pursue other remedies as well.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 25th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Can I continue mocking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 25th, 2014, 05:33 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Well it seems that there are several possible things that could happen from here:

1) Heroscapers.com does nothing, officially. If people want to buy it, play it, or make customs from it, have fun.

2) VC decides to use the set, but with new characters set in the established Fanscape. ("Wizards of Arctorus"?) The unpainted Squads are used as Constructs of Magic Energy. Or something.

3) Same as above, but the Planeswalker characters and Magic squads have been summoned to Valhalla. So Liliana Vess can face off against Q9.

4) A separate project (MTGScape?) is established, similar to HOSS, to adapt the Planeswalkers and their Squads into the existing Heroscape rules, tested with existing Classic scape units. It is not integrated into the Valhalla story, no Generals assigned, etc.

5) The Planeswalkers summon from Valhalla! We adapt Heroscape units and rules to use with the rules and universe of MTGSBG, so people who buy the game can use their Scape collection and terrain with it.

6) WOTC, as a way to entice the established (but shrinking) Heroscape base, does 3, 4, and/or 5, and releases those rules / cards / etc online.

Of course none of these may come to pass, and the possibilities aren't mutually exclusive. It's much to early to tell, until we see what the game is really like.
Old October 25th, 2014, 06:53 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

I don't know why people are still arguing about this subject. This is something that can strengthen the heroscape community, not weaken it.

MagicScape (if they even name it that) sounds like a decent game, I for one wouldn't buy it because I have enough scape as it is. But I could see a future for this board game with people who both enjoy magic and heroscape.

That's all I have to say here,

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion