Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 15th, 2024, 04:34 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Tournament Map Feedback Thread

Olympus (RainyDays)
This is, at least preliminarily, one of my favorite maps with this set combo. I really like the stone 3-hex on level 3 with the level 4 lava single perch. The lava 2-hexes are also nice.

I do think this map could be opened up and improved by changing these 5 lava field hexes highlighted below to rock (or at least the central 3). I have not checked how possible this change is, but I think it would draw play out to the top side just a bit more than currently happens.

Edit: I checked and was able to switch those central 3 without changing anything else.

Last edited by superfrog; February 15th, 2024 at 05:39 PM.
Old February 20th, 2024, 06:25 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

OHS56 maps:

Alien Underbrush @OEAO
I really think this is a map that falls in the "can be very good but requires the TO to really care about it" category, but if the TO make a slight mistake in glyph choice or if the format doesn't really fit with the map this is a map that can be frustrating to play as melee vs range.

Mt Olyumpus @RainyDays
Super well executed mirror symmetry map, very dynamic everywhere, loved it! Only change I would make is I agree with superfrog, I would widden the rock path on the right, having just 1 hex large path and being blocked by the glyph here doesn't feel great. I would change so there is at least1 hex large way from SZ to SZ without being forced to step on lava or glyph.

Old February 20th, 2024, 03:22 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Real Quick

Nothing in depth but I thought it should be noted.

Compact - I think a ranged pod army could set up on one of the sides and make life incredibly difficult for a melee army. Not sure how big of an issue, but observed it to some effect in my game on Sunday.

~Dysole, not ideal for this but wanted to throw up a flag
Old February 26th, 2024, 11:25 AM

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

OHS56 maps:

Compact @superfrog
I agree with Dysole I think the sides are too "abusable" by range esp low figure range builds, you may want to unclog them.
Second point which is less problematic is one glyph being 6 move fly away and the other being 7 move fly away, this ended up to be quite important in my game as PKs were on the field. I think this can be problematic in live tourney games where you don't have much time to choose side, place etc. And being on the wrong SZ can screw you up a bit.
Last thing the height are maybe siiiightly a bit too "your and mine I think the hill on your left is sightly easier to get on.
Otherwise I liked the map a lot, the center is very nevigable a and ruins placement is clever. And the map is very melee friendly for a 1xRotV map.

Old March 11th, 2024, 04:24 AM

OHS56 maps:

Bad Moon Rising @GameBear
Very exciting game on BMR, camping on the level 3 plateaus did not happen, imo that's a map that shines even more in lower tiered formats (draft, draft pod, lower figures). This map will still stay in my top 10 for a while.

Black Ice by @Vydar_XLIII
Hmmm not a terrible map but not a standing ovation neither, all the map saw play but it's kinda expected with small maps like that. The center was very strong, you really need very strong glyphs to not have like all the figure funnel in the center, and the level 4 perches where quite hard to attack into once you establish on them and most figures could get there in 2 turns, and most flying figures in one turn. Also they cover the glyphs very well.

Last edited by Foudzing; April 17th, 2024 at 05:18 AM.
Old March 26th, 2024, 06:14 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey, some long overdue feedback from me. These were more rapid fire this time around, if any cartographers have further questions from me feel free to shoot me a message.

Maps by me (AKA getting my bias out of the way):
Spoiler Alert!

Maps by @Cleon :
Spoiler Alert!

Maps by @Flash_19 :
Spoiler Alert!

Maps by @GameBear :
Spoiler Alert!

Maps by @Leaf_It
Spoiler Alert!

Maps by @OEAO :
Spoiler Alert!

Maps by @RainyDays :
Spoiler Alert!

Maps by @Robber :
Spoiler Alert!

Maps by @Sheep :
Spoiler Alert!

Maps by @Sir Heroscape :
Spoiler Alert!

Maps by @superfrog :
Spoiler Alert!

Maps by @tannergx :
Spoiler Alert!

Maps by @Vydar_XLIII :
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Shurrig; March 27th, 2024 at 09:52 AM.
Old March 27th, 2024, 10:54 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

HexiCon II Map Feedback is live:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Old March 27th, 2024, 12:25 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Interesting!

From those responses it seems as though the big winners were Nightfall, Flaxen Shard, and Dredgewood Forest.
Old March 27th, 2024, 01:40 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Really appreciate the data here MS! Feedback enjoyers are eating good this week
Old March 27th, 2024, 10:53 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Thanks @MegaSilver !
So happy to see Nightfall receive such praise — even if it didn't make it into the WoS.
Old March 28th, 2024, 06:15 AM

OST7 maps:

Platypus:
Good game on Platypus even tho I got destroyed by Chris, I feel this map really hold on to its "classic" reputation, different from most modern maps while still being very good to play on.

Battlefield 23: @Flash_19
Well great great game on Battlefield23, all the map was used, very dynamic etc..etc.. Really a top top tier map.

Embattled Fen @GameBear
So I was very excited to play this game as it was my first time playing on Embattled Fen ever, and it's a map that always caught up to my attention, for its originality and the numerous features it proposes.
And yeah I'm gonna be honest I was disappointed, in my mind melee rushing throught the fast swamp was an interesting strategy but in reality the swamp is still a speed bump (well more like a "speed hole") and is level 0, and also the gylph is blocking the way a bit and even if you make it through the swamp, the range opponnent is waiting on the level 2 sand plateau.
Most of the fight happened on the road which is also kinda hard for melee to get good "contact surface area" and get more than 1 or 2 attacks of a turn. Wannok was never contested, I had a wannok absorber in Raelin so it was not worth for my opponnent to try to get it and it was not worth for myself to as I had the range advantage I really didn't need to go in the swamp. I was on the good side of the machup so I won my game handily.
I think this could be a great map in some machups but in my opinion this map is very rough for melee.

Ticalla Sunrise @GameBear
Good game on Ticalla Sunrise even tho the whole fight happened in the sand area, I put the blame on @MegaSilver for the poor choice of glyph (Sola Astrid on sand side) and not on the map this time. I really think the sand glyph should be a rather weak glyph, and especially not a "damage" glyph like Sola Astrid.

OHS57 maps:

Gem @Cleon
Third tournament game on Gem, feels good to have a new tournament map so original. Tho I still think this map is sightly too much range friendly, with the level 2 plateau right outside the startzone being a very good place to pod and the level 4 perches being good hexes to sit on and never move. My opponnent tried to mitigate that by hodling the Valda glyph but it's the glyphs are quite difficult to hold on this map so he wasn't able to keep it for long. As I had to deny the Valda glyph from my opponnent the whole fight happened on one side of the map and the other side wasn't used at all (first time in 3 games that happened, the other two games it played sightly more on one side but not that much).

Old March 28th, 2024, 07:07 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Normally Ticalla Sunrise is supposed to have the unique attack glyph on the sand side, for what it's worth.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios