Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 4th, 2017, 03:30 PM

Saints_Wrath is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Utah monthly

I think that this format is a great way to get new players to experience the game, if they haven't had a lot of experience with it yet. And it's a way for them to experience the tournament setting too. So invite your friends and family to compete with you!
Old August 4th, 2017, 06:49 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints_Wrath View Post
My wife (McKayla) and I are coming! And we will be competing with another couple. It'll be their first tournament! We'll be showing them the ropes.
Half looking forward to seeing your wife again.... She nearly had me on the ropes last time!! XD (Just kidding, she's awesome!) Glad to hear that you're introducing new players!!

H E R O S C A P E
Old August 4th, 2017, 11:13 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints_Wrath View Post
I think that this format is a great way to get new players to experience the game, if they haven't had a lot of experience with it yet. And it's a way for them to experience the tournament setting too. So invite your friends and family to compete with you!
I completely agree with you. For that reason, along with just how much fun team battles are, this is probably my favorite format that we do, and I'm glad we're revisiting it. This would definitely be one to bring new players to, and I'm hoping to get my brother who hasn't played for 5+ years to come.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 5th, 2017, 02:43 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

@Lady Heroscape should be making a showing...so watch out...cause we ain't holding nothing back!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 7th, 2017, 12:16 AM

Sir Torin Brokenshield! Woo who?

I have a teammate who has never played before but has wanted to learn how to for some time so I am super excited to bring a new player and good friend of mine to the tournament!!!!!
Old August 7th, 2017, 10:49 AM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Aww yeah! I'll update the event post to reflect all these RSVPs.
We should do team formats more often! Maybe again for National Heroscape Day?
Old August 7th, 2017, 11:09 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Maybe again for National Heroscape Day?
Team tourneys are fun, but I think that would be a little too often...Its a good idea keeping it fresh with new and different formats imo

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 7th, 2017, 10:06 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Alright, it's that time again!

Bigga Battle Report

Origin story! Easy one this time. The very first tournament I attended back in 2010 was set at 450 points, and at that time I discovered my favorite army I’ve ever played. When the Gencon tourney was announced to have 450-point armies, I was thinking how cool it would be to take my army there. So, when we decided to do a Gencon prep tourney here, my army was an easy choice.

BiggaBullfrog’s Army:
Warforged Soldiers x3 80 (240)
Heirloom 90
Fen Hydra 120
450 Points/11 Figures

I honestly wasn’t sure how well this would fare in a Reverse-the-Whip tournament, but I love playing it so it was really no contest anyway. There are a lot of moving parts in this build, and while there are no obvious synergies, the units do all work well together. Obviously, Warforged can switch opponents into groups to be Force Orb-ed, or onto lower ground to get Hydra-ed. On top of that, the whole play style is complimentary, as Warforged excel at taking out lone figures which encourages the opponent to keep them closer together, which makes things easier for Heirloom and the Hydra to get productive turns. Then, after that main group is gone, each figure can play cleanup on its own really well. I just really like playing games that feel like puzzles as I try to take apart the opponent’s army.

Game 1
Spoiler Alert!

Game 2
Spoiler Alert!

Game 3
Spoiler Alert!

Game 4
Spoiler Alert!

Had a great time everyone! I had a ton of fun games and really enjoyed them all! True said he had a fun time as well, even though he lost all of his games. We've really got a great group going here and it's super to keep seeing new people crop up as well! Looking forward to this month's event!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 8th, 2017, 12:46 AM

Sir Torin Brokenshield! Woo who?

Does anyone have a black dragon wyrmling that they could bring to the tournament on the 26th for me to borrow
Old August 8th, 2017, 05:18 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Game 3
Spoiler Alert!
Sweet Battle Report, Bigga!

I was so lucky that you were, well, so unlucky with the hounds mobility rolls. Hounds are excellent counters to Warforged (usually), and AE can end a Hydra before it can even get into a position to attack. It came down to one unit vs one unit in the end, which is the most fun result of a game
I was also lucky for the opportunity to use Warforged Soldiers for the first time. I've always liked the idea and look of them, but have only ever played against them. So that was fun!
Old August 8th, 2017, 09:29 PM

antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
2-1[/spoiler]

Game 4
Spoiler Alert!

@BiggaBullfrog - - - What an epic battle that was! After Nilfheim came flying out of the gates using his Ice Shard Breath special attack to clean out Warforged after Warforged, I began thinking to myself that I've got this game in the bag! It was just after that overconfident thought that Fen Hydra came slithering around the corner to take out my dragon in one single turn. That was a well deserved victory!

Thanks for the awesome tournament. I had a blast in each and every game I played. Can't wait for the tourney at the end of this month!
Old August 8th, 2017, 09:39 PM

antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
@Lady Heroscape should be making a showing...so watch out...cause we ain't holding nothing back!
@Sir Heroscape - - - Hearing that @Lady Heroscape will be joining you for this month's tournament has me worried, I'm not gunna lie! I've watched several of your battle vidoes where you've played against her and she has shown true skill and mastery of the game.

With that being said, @Flash_19 and myself are up to the challenge if we go up against you and your wife!

This tournament is going to be awesome fun!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events