Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old March 18th, 2024, 12:35 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

I think the only reasonable option at this point is to agree on a nickname.
The Knight (Champion) formerly known as Oberon
Mama Bear
Bear Hands
Rather Dashing
Claw and Order
Mom, I'm not a cub anymore, I will get a nose ring and you can't stop me!
Nobler than Volarak
Hang on, I DON'T get a bonus on snow? I've even got a fur coat! Nerak is half-naked!
Don't run away so I can maul you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old March 18th, 2024, 01:13 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm certainly still buying the game, and am only mentioning the name is odd just to share my thoughts and not as an expectation that Renegade make a change over something this small. I just think it's good food for thought going forward when naming new characters.
Knight Irene feels odd for the same reason Michael the Dwarf Lord or Laura the Kyrie Warrior feels odd; the reverse is strange as well if we take a fantasy name and give it to a character from Earth, like Sgt. Taelord Alexander.
I wouldn't bat an eye if instead we had a character named Agent Irene, because it makes sense someone from Earth would be named that
Old March 18th, 2024, 01:15 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
Mama Bear
Bear Hands
Rather Dashing
Claw and Order
Nobler than Volarak
Hang on, I DON'T get a bonus on snow? I've even got a fur coat! Nerak is half-naked!
Mama Bear...love it haha.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 18th, 2024, 01:20 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
I wouldn't bat an eye if instead we had a character named Agent Irene, because it makes sense someone from Earth would be named that
That's a really good point. It would have stood out much less to me in that context.

-insert signature here-
Old March 18th, 2024, 01:22 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Knowing Me

Quote:
Mama Bear
Bear Hands
Rather Dashing
Claw and Order
Nobler than Volarak
I'm sure I'll come up with something. No clue if anyone else will use it.

~Dysole, pretty sure she's the only one who uses KREELOY JENKINS and TheraShuttle ©
Old March 18th, 2024, 01:59 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Mama Bear
Bear Hands
Rather Dashing
Claw and Order
Nobler than Volarak
Irene of Tarth

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old March 18th, 2024, 03:13 PM

Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby!

I've been enjoying playing with proxied versions of the AoA stuff that was released already, and am enjoying proxying in some of the new units announced by AoA while I wait for the release.

I know it's all homebrew stuff, but my solution in my home games has been to treat Knight Adjuctor Oberon from the Hasbro AoA release (the male bear) and Knight Irene from the Renegade AoA release (the female bear) as two separate characters who just happen to have identical stats, and thus can both be used in the same game since they don't have the same unique name.

I just finished a game yesterday with both of them in it along with the Frostclaw Paladins. It was fun.
Old March 18th, 2024, 06:02 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Curious, S. Rowan just confirmed the Glyph distribution. The Wellspring box gets you one Brandar.
The Master Set has:
Quote:
PERMANENT
Dagmar (Initiative)
Rannveig (Wind)
Yadulkia (Disengage)
Brandar (Special)
Xenithrax Vines (Vines) (x3)

TEMPORARY
Felaron (Glyph Removal)
Haukeland (Healing, but different from Kelda)
Mitonsoul (Massive Curse)
Quillivon (Sudden Movement).
Contrast this with the beta rulebook glyphs:
Quote:
Permanent:

Astrid (Attack +1)
Gerda (Defense +1)
3x Xenithrax Vines
Brandar
Yadulkia (Disengage)

Temporary:
Haukeland (Healing)
Quillivon (Sudden Movement)
Fellaron (Glyph Removal)
And we see that Renegade dropped Astra and Gerda in favor of Dagmar, Rannveig, and Mitonsoul, which I think was an excellent choice. The flat combat boosting glyphs are are too swingy for my liking.

I am also glad that none of the new glyphs were dropped from the beta version. Felaron did apparently lose one 'l'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.

Last edited by Nukatha; March 18th, 2024 at 06:19 PM.
Old March 18th, 2024, 08:16 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
No no, the Marvel characters who changed were MOVIE/TV characters in the last few years. I figured everyone would get that, since its been a big controversy, and it was in that context that I used the term woke (obviously a mistake on my part).
From what I've seen the only people that care that much are people that don't want minorities in a lead or important role. It's telling a story with a character that has a different backstory or origin. I hear no complaining about Ultron, Drax or Mantis when they're almost entirely different characters to the comic versions. And I also hear no complaints about the different universe versions of all these characters that have already appeared in the comics, where some of said characters have different genders or ethnicities. It always boils down to "white character has been changed to someone who's part of a minority group, how dare they, this is too woke".

And I'm sorry but I don't understand how anyone is suddenly this attached to this one character. You said yourself it wasn't that long ago that Haslab was in the reins. You don't have the mini and the designs were never finalised. Things were still changing when Haslab were actively showing us stuff. You've essentially been playing with playtest stuff and proxying figures for it for what, a few months? And the original book thread for Oberon has 3 replies, none of which are from you. Nor have you been this vocal about any of the other characters from what I can see, which I'm sure you've also played if you're apparently this invested in these characters. You're just hyper-fixated on this one bear because you don't like that they've changed the gender of them (which is completely inconsequential to the actual design you've been playing and is not related to anything the character does, which is the only aspect of said character you could directly interact with. I doubt you're that into the lore that you can recount what Haslab's tiny bio was for this one bear), and that they aren't stereotyped to be wearing pink and have big eyelashes because apparently a bear in some clothes is too "masculine" to be a female character.

You'd be shocked to learn that quite a few characters can have various aspects of them change during the development of a project.

Everyone other than those so obsessed with the idea that this character has to be male, like you, are either going to forget pretty quickly that this character was written slightly differently when a different team had the reins, or will never even know in the first place. And when these designs release and everyone is playing these instead of the Haslab placeholders, those still that attached will have to move on if they want to play with the majority of the playerbase.

Stop trying to mask your bigotry.
Old March 18th, 2024, 08:25 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

This is how the meme spreads, by building a characture of the other. @chas got use to a certain aspect of the Irene and the was reasonably taken back with the name change, as most of us are. If it was Knight Ryder as the new name it would be equally silly. Or maybe he is a big bigot I have no idea.

Being drawn to sides just fuels the controversy.

As far as complaining about changes in demographics I think checking the quality of the work first is wise. No one cares about Nick fury or anything in the spidervese movies because they are Awesome. Madam web isn't getting panned cause it's an all female cast, it panned cause it's terrible. While some hate rey cause she is a woman (and they are dumb) the truth is 7-9 are not that great. No one complains about rogue one or andor because again those movies/shows are awesome.

Call irene Ursa Knight or Rusa Knight and make the card and mini awesome, we aren't having this discussion. OG raelin is the best price in scape - we don't complain, because again she is awesome. (Okay we complain she is OP, but we would if she was a pile of slime.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old March 18th, 2024, 08:54 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Skinderella,

I'm surprised hearing you tell someone you don't know at all that I'm "masking my bigotry." At this point, I'm dropping out of any back and forth with you, and I'd appreciate if you do the same. (I'm sure you won't miss me). As far as I'm concerned, such pure nastiness has no place in this forum. But I'll let the Administrators decide that for us.

The fact is, if I'd gotten used to a beloved female bear and it was suddenly made male, I'd probably have had the same problem. But I was way over it several posts ago, after venting a bit. As others have said, its just a piece of game plastic, after all. Not worth insulting a real person about.

Last edited by chas; March 18th, 2024 at 09:13 PM.
Old March 18th, 2024, 09:16 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
No one complains about rogue one or andor because again those movies/shows are awesome.
I know several people who complain about Rogue One and Andor.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News