Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 11th, 2023, 09:35 AM

SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Here is the card with the changed Class, updated name for "She-Kal-Ra's Influence", and a slightly tweaked Shared Mind. I'll run that by Help with Wurdz at some point, so long as the intent is clear.

Last edited by SkyWhale; March 7th, 2024 at 09:39 AM.
Old December 11th, 2023, 01:30 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I'm not sure what VC in general would think of a repainted Drudge squad. I'm ok with it, but I don't know about others.

Though I'm not sold on the repaint itself. They don't stand out enough, imo.

I like the design. The theme doesn't come across super-clearly on the card, but it's about as good as can be done. I suspect the price is too high for a 3-man unique squad, but it's tough to tell without playing them.
Old December 11th, 2023, 02:04 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The wording on Shared Mind is still a little unclear, at least to my smooth brain. The first two sentences seem to contradict each other. "Any shard can attack up to 3 times" does at first glance make it seem like you would be able to attack 9 times, and is at odds with the first statement about the attack limit. Is it possible to adapt wording from Varkaanan cards to implement this? Maybe replace with, "One Shard of She-Kul-Ra may make an additional attack for each destroyed Shard on this army card. If it does, subtract one extra attack dice each time it makes an additional attack."

Could probably use its own tweaks, but this seems a lot clearer imo. If they were a squad of 4 that wording wouldn't work, but from the photos it seems like they're a squad of 3. I also think the wording there maybe helps a little more toward the theme? It's not about numbers now, but about how much of the mind has been destroyed.
Old December 11th, 2023, 02:21 PM

SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby!

That would add some clarity, and might dissuade leaving a Shard in the start zone - will have to test it!

As for the painting, any ideas for what could make them stick out more? I don't think the pictures do justice for how much difference the silver on the shoulders makes. The strands that connect to the guns could be a more vibrant color, but I can't think of a vibrant color that would be thematic. I might attempt painting a set with the heads covered in silver, but I'm a bit hesitant to do that.
Old December 11th, 2023, 02:59 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Wording is more than good enough to go into SoV. If it were to pass we'd consider the wording again before release.
Old December 11th, 2023, 09:13 PM

Was looking at the Shards and realized I ought to post a picture from above, so here it is:

Does that look distinct enough, or should I look into painting the heads?

Last edited by SkyWhale; March 7th, 2024 at 09:40 AM.
Old December 11th, 2023, 09:16 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
FYI

FWIW it took me a second to figure out which one was which. Mandela effect is not helping you here as I had to remember what color their juice guns were.

~Dysole, informationally
Old December 11th, 2023, 10:19 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWhale View Post
Does that look distinct enough, or should I look into painting the heads?
I think I'd actually paint the guns a different color, not the heads. And then maybe add a different color wash to it?
Old December 11th, 2023, 10:38 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There are some lines on their back running down from their neck to their arms. Maybe some metal colors on there would make the guns look like more of a contraption and help them stick out? At least from the back.
Old December 11th, 2023, 11:17 PM

Here is a more contrast oriented version of the Shard of She-Kal-Ra:

Comparisons to original Drudge:
Spoiler Alert!

I think the deeper contrast with this rough iron makes the metallic parts more apparent. And the blood red adds a more menacing feel.

Thoughts?

Last edited by SkyWhale; March 7th, 2024 at 09:42 AM.
Old December 11th, 2023, 11:34 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow, that was fast!

In my opinion, the darker guns help a lot; The darker metal looks great in general.

I also had the idea of painting more of the torso, but your wash has made the distinction more apparent already.

Old December 11th, 2023, 11:43 PM

I think the darker guns help quite a bit, too. Thanks MegaSilver!

Just to have a comparison, here are the silver ones with their heads painted:

Could still do this for the rough iron ones, but these ones give me henchman vibes. The rough iron ones currently give me Empire vibes, which I think better fits the goal.

Last edited by SkyWhale; March 7th, 2024 at 09:42 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards