Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old August 12th, 2010, 01:56 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Academics Anonymous on Scapers: Editorial Board for JoHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Oh, and a while ago we were talking jokingly (half-jokingly?) about a paper that had something to do with Heroscape. I've since found the journal Game Studies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Studies
Our primary focus is aesthetic, cultural and communicative aspects of computer games, but any previously unpublished article focused on games and gaming is welcome. Proposed articles should be jargon-free, and should attempt to shed new light on games, rather than simply use games as metaphor or illustration of some other theory or phenomenon.
They do publish some non-computer stuff too. There is also the International Journal of Board Game Studies. What are we waiting for?
Love it! Tenure clock ends next Fall for me, but these two are going on my reading list now.

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old August 13th, 2010, 02:53 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Glad to see this old thread is still rocking. All you guys and your tenure clocks, *sigh*.

We don't get tenure in Turkey (not legal for some reason) and that means I'
ve been an assistant professor for going on 8 years now, no end in sight. On the other hand I may not have passed after 6 years. I'm a slow starter.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 09:15 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

I missed this thread the first time around. I think I fall into this. I have a Masters drgree in Architecture and I now teach architectural design software at 2 colleges in New England.I have written for 2 published books on architectural software and give presentations at national conventions.

Plus Architecture was not on the list yet. I need to represent.

Jeff H - Manchester NH

No plan survives contact with the enemy. - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Good traders: M.K. Sentinal, C.L., and CheddarLimbo
Old June 20th, 2011, 12:43 PM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker

My tenure clock runs out as of July 1, so it's official: I finally have a career (as opposed to a series of adjuncting jobs).
Old June 20th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manatee View Post
My tenure clock runs out as of July 1, so it's official: I finally have a career (as opposed to a series of adjuncting jobs).
Congrats! (Do you have an interview or other bits and pieces to clear, or are you set?)

Time to start thinking seriously about how you can bend your research interests to apply to Heroscape...

[Fun/embarrassing fact: during the just-finished test cricket series between England and Sri Lanka I've been pondering trying to do some cricket/statistics research.]
Old June 20th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manatee View Post
Congrats! (I'm assuming you're saying that everything has passed successfully, right?)
Old June 20th, 2011, 02:58 PM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker

Yep; I got the letter last Friday saying that everything is done, but that tenure isn't official until the start of the new fiscal year. So in ten more days I'm in!

As I teach literature and freshman composition, I'm not sure how I could work Heroscape into it. I do have Sonlen standing on a 1-hex grass tile in my office, though, so there's at least a nominal 'scape presence in my academic life as well.
Old October 12th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

I love this thread. And I have a reason to too. I've just submitted the following course description for next semester:
Quote:
Serious Fun: The Math and More of Games and Puzzles.

Game Studies is a fast-growing field that draws on approaches from many different disciplines. We will study games from a variety of perspectives including a good dose of math (no prior math required). We will also add puzzles, which can be thought of as one-player games, to the mix. We'll play a lot, we'll write a lot, we'll solve a lot of puzzles and we'll do some designing in one or more of the Heroscape, Pandemic or Summoner Wars game systems.
I don't get time to play games as much as I'd like, so making it my job to do so seemed like a good way to fix the problem.
Old October 13th, 2016, 05:22 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Very cool! Kinda wish that was available back in Highschool...totally woulda taken that class!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online