Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old August 14th, 2012, 11:52 PM
You address C3G OMNIPOTENCE - tread carefully!

clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby!
What does your "Glyph Pool" look like?

Just wanted to see what everyone else does when it comes to grabbing random glyphs for their games. If you use Classic glyphs you can mention that, but I'm mostly interested in what C3G glyphs you guys put in the random pool (or if you just use all of them).

Normally I'd use them all, except maybe the Green Krytonite in a game with no Kryptonians (it's a huge bummer if one side gets this glyph and the other gets something far more useful). However I'm thinking about removing the "Glyphs of Utility" as well. They're good for Batman because he can CHOOSE which ones to carry based on his opponent and the map. If you just randomly get a Police Scanner (with no Lawmen) as your nearest glyph while your opponent gets a Teleportation Belt, it can be pretty brutal.

So what do you guys do?
Old August 15th, 2012, 07:14 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What does your "Glyph Pool" look like?

Time Bomb is a gotta have
Old August 15th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

I was just thinking recently that it's been quite some time since I've put glyphs on the board.

I have implemented a No Lemon rule in the past. That means I'll mix the entire set and select them. If the revealed glyph turns out to be inapplicable, such as the Green Kryptonite you mention, then I'll just randomly draw another. I've also implemented a No Whammy rule where I'll replace negative glyphs such as Time Bomb or Smilex.

I do alter in how I interpret the undefined glyphs such as the Glyph of Loot. Sometimes I'll define a rule for them, but I'll often just treat them as No Effect. I think it's cool to go for a glyph and have it be a blank.

Of course, if your glyph placement is such that they are closer to one side, then this can be unfair to have one side get a goody and the other side not. That's why I think having the negative glyphs such as Smilex work, because they at least make you second-guess yourself on taking them.

I haven't added Classic to my Super Hero battles yet. I might have to go through the list and consider adding some of those. It also might be fun to implement the Treasure Glyph trap rules used in D&D Scape with Equipment Glyphs. That would certainly make things interesting.
Old August 15th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I usually only play for playtesting, and I tend to limit "extras" during playtests so I can really focus in on the unit and its effects on the game. So it's very rare I'll use DOs, DO throwing rules, Knockback, VDOs, or glyphs, unless their use is directly tied to the powers on a card I'm using.

Maybe one of these days when I play a game just for fun! (Or do more scenarios).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 15th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Completely Random. Everything has a chance.
Old August 15th, 2012, 03:04 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

For the most part I don't like using glyphs in my C3G games. Just those that already start out on a card. The ones in RotV and SotM kind of soured me on glyphs in general as they often have way too large of an effect on the game outcome. I tolerate them at the tournaments I go to but otherwise they are left unused. The treasure glyphs from the D&D sets were ones I really enjoyed though and I do use those quite a bit when I play classic scape. One time effect glyphs that you can carry around with you and only effect the figure with the glyph are much cooler then global effect glyphs that you have to stand on and never leave. Those are fun at tourney too IMO. I have not added the treasure glyphs to my C3G games but I'm not opposed to it. I do really like the C3G rules for equipment glyphs though with people losing the glyph when attacked. Makes it much more interesting, fair, & fun in terms of game play.
Old August 15th, 2012, 03:49 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, when they released the Treasure Glyph rules (after we'd already come out with our Equipment Glyphs) we thought about switching over, but we were afraid Superheroes could get too powerful with no way to knock the glyphs away from them.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 15th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

When I play with glyphs I like to use:

Smilex Bomb
Fear Gas
Time Bomb
Boom Tube
Cosmic Shielding
Reinforcements
Shrink Ray
Teleport Belt
E-Ray
Experimental Medicine
Life Spell
Probability Manipulator

Total of 12 glyphs in the pool usually distributed between 3 maps. 3 have negative effects, 3 are permanent/temporary, 6 are equipment.

C3G team building links.
Old August 15th, 2012, 04:54 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Only the C3G ones (that I have actually printed & stuck on spray-painted classic glyphs, although as soon as my friend gets his 3D printer I will be making my own glyphs & printing the darn lot baby ).
Old August 15th, 2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Only the C3G ones (that I have actually printed & stuck on spray-painted classic glyphs, although as soon as my friend gets his 3D printer I will be making my own glyphs & printing the darn lot baby ).
Yeah, still holding my breath for that one!

Old August 19th, 2012, 01:15 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
3D printers are awesome. You could even create your own sculpts!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 19th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
3D printers are awesome. You could even create your own sculpts!
Yeah. Unpainted, but still - I recently saw THIS really well done 3D printed Samus sculpt that only cost about $3. Definitely something I'd be over if I had the painting skills.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy