Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

View Poll Results: Which of The Ruins of Valhalla maps is the best?!
Forsaken Cloister 3 7.50%
Arborshate's Pathway 1 2.50%
By a Common Barrier 0 0%
Ruined Pier 4 10.00%
The Great Wall of Valhalla 12 30.00%
Desecrated Mine 10 25.00%
Hephaestus 2 5.00%
Valda Keep 2 5.00%
Stalwart 3 7.50%
From the Ashes 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 6th, 2016, 03:48 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Map Building Contest: Ruins of Valhalla

Here is the first map I put together after seeing this thread. May have to make a second submission seeing how good some of the other maps are. Anyway here is my take on a tournament style map for the theme 'Ruins of Valhalla.' It would certainly be a tactically challenging map for some of the standard tournament armies, which I think is a good thing.

Castle Bellosk

Over a hundred years ago, Castle Bellosk loomed large over the denizens of Nastralund. Lord Bellosk's endeavor to expand into neighboring lands soon became known as Bellosk's folly though. Legend has it that the castle began to sink into the the marshlands on which it was constructed, sending large cracks through its massive walls. A development his detractors were quick to seize upon by organizing an uprising among the local inhabitants. The walls were soon breached with Lord Bellosk slain and his invasion force driven out.

Mother nature has slowly reclaimed the ruins since Lord Bellosk's departure, but new rumors have emerged since the War of the Wellsprings has taken hold of Valhalla. Some say the reason why Lord Bellosk had built this castle in a swamp was actually because his scouts had discovered the first Wellspring there. Not knowing how to master the power he had found though led to a disastrous experiment, which released enough power to fracture the castle walls from within. It is even said the Lord Bellosk was actually slain by something he had summoned through the well rather than by the local primitives. As such, new armies march on the ruins of Castle Bellosk to see for themselves what they might find.
Spoiler Alert!

Old September 6th, 2016, 05:09 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Thanks for contributing everyone, very good stuff coming through here.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 6th, 2016, 06:27 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Great submission @Yodaking . Love the backstory, so fun and exciting to read, really brings out the theme of what we're going for. looking forward to your next submission!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 7th, 2016, 08:19 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
An expedition record, of sorts:

Spoiler Alert!
And now, ladies and gentlemen, mambo number five Thalenk III:

VirtualScape
PDF

The image in the PDF didn't save correctly, but you get the idea. I also noted that the map uses 2 random treasure glyphs as well, though I didn't see the option in VirtualScape; they would go on the snow spaces just inside the ruins next to the road marked on the map with glyphs of Brandar.

I aimed for balance in symmetry, competitive if not tournament caliber map, and the theme of a ruined fort thawing out of snow banks and glaciers due to the (new?) Wellspring. Enjoy!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; September 17th, 2016 at 09:29 AM.
Old September 7th, 2016, 08:23 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I think a common practice is to use glyphs of Brandar for treasure glyphs, along with a note in the map description.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 7th, 2016, 10:14 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Hey guys. Love the idea for a contest. Ruined landscapes are a lot of fun to work with. Anyway, here is what I came up with. Hopefully you guys will enjoy it.

(sorry about the image, the high quality render on my VS wasn't working correctly)

Map: Stalwart
Date Uploaded: 9/7/2016
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 RttFF, 1 FotA

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old September 7th, 2016, 11:32 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I, also, love this idea for a contest.

I have here my own modest idea:

It was designed expressly to be a "ruined" something. Specifically, a ruined, fallen pier. I am very proud of it.

Unfortunately, I uploaded it over five years ago, so it isn't quite a suitable entry into this fine competition.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 8th, 2016, 03:21 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

You could test the map, make a few small changes to it, and then submit it as a new improved map.
Old September 8th, 2016, 04:21 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Submissions are looking good everyone!

@NecroBlade if you use Brandar Glyphs as placeholders for treasure glyphs, that will work fine...and if it's not too much a hassle if you'd upload the image again, just so we know where they should be located.

@Dad_Scaper I agree with yodaking. I think @Tiranx and @TREX would agree that to make that map an official/original entry for this contest that there should be some -even if small- alterations from it's original form. I look forward to seeing Fallen Pier 2.0

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 8th, 2016, 10:47 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I would really like it if you did submit something "like" this one @Dad_Scaper , its a very cool build indeed.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 8th, 2016, 10:59 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Thank you. I haven't meddled with virtualscape since I made it, but I will give it a shot. I have a couple minor changes in mind.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 8th, 2016, 03:05 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I see no reason why the Ruins cannot be a pier.

My one suggestion would be to add some water and push the pier out a little bit into the water so a couple supports are completely in the water.

Really cool map!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games