Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 9th, 2016, 07:53 PM

KingZombie is surprisingly tart
Re: Sherman's Lord of the Rings customs: LEGO Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
So, I recently came across a starter set of Sabertooth Games' now-defunct Lord of the Rings Tradeable Miniatures Game for $5, and decided that I would finally take the plunge and start a LotR-scape customs project, something that I'd been hesitant to even think about considering all the time my superhero customs take from me. Unfortunately, $5 for eight figures was too good a deal to pass up, even though the rational part of me knows that I'll eventually sink more cash into this trying to complete a collection of the Fellowship, not to mention the various armies of Middle Earth. Oh well, Tolkein's creations are too cool not to insert into the Battle For All Time, so here are the first of what I hope to be many more custom LotR units.

LORD OF THE RINGS INDEX:
This is all so cool. I have a few questions for you. Have you printed your custom cards off of photobucket? Any advice?

I also noticed you had some cards for the same AT-43 figure I have. So I'm super excited. Thanks for your hard work.

Work hard, play harder!
Great traders: beholderthedm,mecha frog, Shoe
Old January 9th, 2016, 10:45 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Not sure how old your friends kids are that are into LEGO, but I saw miniature Despicable Me Minions the other day at Walmart and realized they would be perfect for Heroscape. Size wise they are maybe about half the size of a standard Heroscape figure.

Maybe a common squad of 4 to fit the 8 pack they come in?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Minions-8-...igure/43389833

(~~lol~~) ... obviously great minds think alike - BRAVO! Every time I'm in the Toy Dept. of a Big Box Store, I'm looking at all the new figures and wondering which ones would make good HeroScape customs. Yes, these Minions would be comparable to fat Goblin Cutters or Deathreavers on their hind legs. But that doesn't matter much, since the point is HS is such a fantastically elegant system that house rules can easily be applied to ANY appropriately sized figurine. This reminds me that a couple of years ago I created (but never published) Stat Cards for a set of Tinker Bell & Friends characters for my niece's daughter so that she could play along with her brother for whom I had recently gotten a RotV Master Set.

Regarding: The Lord of the Rings: COMBAT HEX - Tradeable Miniatures Game (TMG) by Sabertooth Games Inc., that was a subsidiary of Games Workshop . . . they used the same sculpted molds as the GW: LotR Strategy Game to produce them, but with a less brittle plastic, had them pre-painted (the part that I love best), and also had them mounted on a Hexagonal "clickie" type base to adjust stats with. I believe that GW was experimenting with a new product attempting to penetrate a niche market. It was just coincidence that those bases were 1.5" and a perfect fit for HeroScape terrain tiles and this is what lured me into trying HS for the first time - only to use the 3D landscapes for LotR Middle Earth battles. I have a huge collection of these figures that I will *NOT* part with, but IF any one is looking for particular figures, I do still have a box of extras that I am willing to search through to support this community of H'scapers. PM me with Q's and if I have what you want, we can then negotiate a trade, etc.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old January 10th, 2016, 11:03 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Perfect! really appreciate all the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adoney View Post
I would like to know what set those minis are from? because I've seen a lot of different minis for LOTR and I think I like these the most!
The minis are from the Lord of the Rings: Combat Hex Tradeable Miniatures Game, an out of print game that came out around the time the movies were released. The only real online source for these minis that I know of is an ebay store called Big Coin Collectibles.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 10th, 2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
I have a huge collection of these figures that I will *NOT* part with, but IF any one is looking for particular figures, I do still have a box of extras that I am willing to search through to support this community of H'scapers. PM me with Q's and if I have what you want, we can then negotiate a trade, etc.
PM'd

Work hard, play harder!
Old January 10th, 2016, 12:16 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingZombie View Post
This is all so cool. I have a few questions for you. Have you printed your custom cards off of photobucket? Any advice?
I get my cards printed out at a Staples near my house. I make pdfs with two cards per page, printed on their 110 lb. cardstock, so a card ends up costing about 25 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Not sure how old your friends kids are that are into LEGO, but I saw miniature Despicable Me Minions the other day at Walmart and realized they would be perfect for Heroscape. Size wise they are maybe about half the size of a standard Heroscape figure.

Maybe a common squad of 4 to fit the 8 pack they come in?
As far as I know, they don't seem to be as big fans of the Minions as other kids, but if they ever asked for cards I would make some for them.
Old January 11th, 2016, 06:36 AM

Has anyone worked on an Oathbreaker unit & King of the Dead unique hero?

I would love to see what you have come up with. I will try to make my own and share it eventually....but no promises. I suppose once I get the figures I've ordered...I'll be more motivated.

Work hard, play harder!
Old January 13th, 2016, 11:37 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I never have, but the Phantom Knights make for a pretty good Oathbreakers card as is. As far as I know, most figures from the Return of the King set are very expensive because the game was cancelled during that set's production.
Old January 20th, 2016, 08:55 AM

I was cleaning house when I found some of these figures.

These are perfect for Heroscape and b/c they're Burger King....they're probably way cheaper than the "official game" ones.

Just sharing the find. I plan on basing a couple I have. Should be a fun little project.

I'll try to get pics with figs later and share.

Work hard, play harder!
Old January 20th, 2016, 11:35 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Yes, I have a few of these too. If you put then on the base, you can press the button and have his arm come down with the hammer and smash his enemies!
Old January 20th, 2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Yes, I have a few of these too. If you put then on the base, you can press the button and have his arm come down with the hammer and smash his enemies!
Yours has a button?!? Mine don't. But his arms do move. Are yours from BK, too? Not that I need any w/buttons.

Work hard, play harder!
Old January 20th, 2016, 09:04 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Sweeeet! Nice find @Sherman Davies, it's funny that I don't remember ever seeing this figure anywhere, but I don't visit Burger Kings or McDonnald'ses very often or pay much attention to Happy Meal's toys. So I guess I'll have to settle for my two very expensive, original, Combat Hex trolls, four LotR HeroClix trolls, two Krugs, and a few other suitable HS figures (Feral trolls, Ice trolls, @Gurei-Ornery , etc.) for any future Minas Tirith scenario.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; January 24th, 2016 at 12:17 AM. Reason: corrected spooling error
Old January 23rd, 2016, 12:10 PM

Post Deleted: Not in correct location.

Work hard, play harder!

Last edited by KingZombie; January 23rd, 2016 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Wasn't the right place to post.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards