Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old May 7th, 2023, 02:28 AM

Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape.org - New Software Support for Heroscape

Is there any chance there could be a feature added where you can choose an army name to go alongside the army you submit for a tournament? Like how OHS does? I realise that it’s a pretty small thing in the scheme of things, but it is something I’ve always appreciated being able to do. It adds a touch of personality to your submission and it’s usually pretty funny to read through the list of what everyone else decided to call their army as well.

Also if I submit a 4th Mass army for a tournament at some point I really want to be able to name it The US Forces Give The Nod

“Just because I disagree with you, does not mean that I hate you. We need to relearn that in our society" - Morgan Freeman

Last edited by Grey Waves; May 7th, 2023 at 02:28 AM. Reason: I don't know why the strikethrough text got turned to grey, and I don't know how to fix it either
Old May 7th, 2023, 11:59 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Waves View Post
Is there any chance there could be a feature added where you can choose an army name to go alongside the army you submit for a tournament? Like how OHS does? I realise that it’s a pretty small thing in the scheme of things, but it is something I’ve always appreciated being able to do. It adds a touch of personality to your submission and it’s usually pretty funny to read through the list of what everyone else decided to call their army as well.
It's a good idea (if it doesn't end up being too much work and doesn't take up too much screen real estate).

I've added a note for it under 'Enhancements' in the 2nd post of the thread.

I do hope to re-vamp how Player armies are displayed for a tournament eventually (long armies or multiple armies make the standings look bad, especially on mobile) so I might consider adding in (optional) army names whenever I get around to that.
Old May 12th, 2023, 04:50 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ended up making 3 changes recently:

1) Moved the feature of the Builder where you can have x0 of a card to an optional feature. Now, there's a check box labeled 'Keep Zeroes' at the top of the page; click this to enter the mode where it keeps x0 in the army.

However, I don't love both the label on the checkbox or it's location on the page; looking for any feedback on either.

I also changed the 'Copy Army' feature to never copy an x0 unit, regardless of the status of the checkbox.

2) Added the points of each unit in the Builder in small red text next to the unit name in the army box.

3) Adjusted the Partial Card Scoring (PCS) page for how to handle Mezzos, Incendiborgs, & Axentia. It now treats each of those figures as if it has double the figures (squad) or lives (heroes). This allows for counting points for removing exos / borg markers and Axentia's double life span.

I made this change after some discussion with OEAO (& others), based on what ScapeCon III will enforce and general thoughts about what is best overall for PCS & the tool.
Old May 13th, 2023, 04:47 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Encountered a bug today. I made an army in the builder. And then left the window open for a couple hours, and then went back to adjust the army, and I could not remove any of the units from the army anymore. I tried both in the right side when the things you've picked are shown, and on the left side where everything is listed. The - sign was highlighted red as if I could, but clicking on it did not do anything.

I had VC and Delta enabled.
Here's the army that I had:
Quote:
B-11 Resistance Corps 120
Brute Gruts 80
Josie Whistlestop 70
Ranjit Singh 100
Syvarris 100
Tarn Viking Warriors 45
515 Points
15 Figures
I was able to add and remove new additions to the army. I was only able to clear the army above with the X in the top right.

Last edited by Leaf_It; May 13th, 2023 at 05:05 PM.
Old May 15th, 2023, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Encountered a bug today. I made an army in the builder. And then left the window open for a couple hours, and then went back to adjust the army, and I could not remove any of the units from the army anymore. I tried both in the right side when the things you've picked are shown, and on the left side where everything is listed. The - sign was highlighted red as if I could, but clicking on it did not do anything.

I had VC and Delta enabled.
Here's the army that I had:
Quote:
B-11 Resistance Corps 120
Brute Gruts 80
Josie Whistlestop 70
Ranjit Singh 100
Syvarris 100
Tarn Viking Warriors 45
515 Points
15 Figures
I was able to add and remove new additions to the army. I was only able to clear the army above with the X in the top right.
I've tried to replicate this on my end, but haven't been successful yet.

Has it happened again to you, or just the one time?
Old June 12th, 2023, 05:36 PM

Some changes from while Heroscapers was down:

Added a new infrastructure to support alternative unit sets (e.g. AoA & C3G). A subdomain exists for each of these, where the Builder & Scoring tabs use the alternative figure sets. For example:
https://aoa.heroscape.org/builder/
https://c3g.heroscape.org/builder/
These subdomains can also be accessed via direct links from the homepage of .org.

Tournaments can be run with these alternative figure sets. For now, I need to manually make a switch in the database to make this happen (so if you want to run an AoA or C3G event, create the tournament normally and then ask me to change it) but I intend to allow users to mark this themself when making a tournament eventually.

The point of the new design is that it can easily support additional figure sets with minimal work from my end (5-10 minutes for me). The process is:
1) Contact me, asking for formal support with the name of your project
2) I make a new, empty Google Sheet (with column headings set)
3) You enter your data in that Google Sheet
The design matches Google Sheets with subdomains, so as you enter more figures they'll get automatically populated on the site.

Various Bug Fixes:
1) Users with special characters in their username (commas, periods, at symbols, etc.) were able to double-sign up for a tournament. This has been fixed.
2) Probably others I can't remember right now off the top of my head
Old June 13th, 2023, 08:58 AM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Some changes from while Heroscapers was down:

Added a new infrastructure to support alternative unit sets (e.g. AoA & C3G). A subdomain exists for each of these, where the Builder & Scoring tabs use the alternative figure sets. For example:
https://aoa.heroscape.org/builder/
https://c3g.heroscape.org/builder/
These subdomains can also be accessed via direct links from the homepage of .org.

Tournaments can be run with these alternative figure sets. For now, I need to manually make a switch in the database to make this happen (so if you want to run an AoA or C3G event, create the tournament normally and then ask me to change it) but I intend to allow users to mark this themself when making a tournament eventually.

The point of the new design is that it can easily support additional figure sets with minimal work from my end (5-10 minutes for me). The process is:
1) Contact me, asking for formal support with the name of your project
2) I make a new, empty Google Sheet (with column headings set)
3) You enter your data in that Google Sheet
The design matches Google Sheets with subdomains, so as you enter more figures they'll get automatically populated on the site.

Various Bug Fixes:
1) Users with special characters in their username (commas, periods, at symbols, etc.) were able to double-sign up for a tournament. This has been fixed.
2) Probably others I can't remember right now off the top of my head
Super cool, thanks for this and all your work on this app!
Old June 13th, 2023, 05:38 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

The heroscape.org site was a life saver during the outage. The community really would have been in a bad spot without it. I never realized how much I rely on these forums for things, and suddenly it was gone, but heroscape.org had enough of it that I was able to get by.
Old June 14th, 2023, 04:01 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
The heroscape.org site was a life saver during the outage. The community really would have been in a bad spot without it. I never realized how much I rely on these forums for things, and suddenly it was gone, but heroscape.org had enough of it that I was able to get by.
100% agreed. That and Discord. I'm glad we've created other viable means of connecting outside this website as that did help disseminate information and keep the community active/involved in other ways while it was down. But yeah...so much is connected to this site....

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 15th, 2023, 09:10 AM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!

As I have been asking our players to sign up for our upcoming event, I have found it a bit difficult. Most of the players have not used the site before, so when they go to the page for our tournament they are just looking for some button or link that says something like sign up or register. Some players figure out that they need to create an account and login first but some do not and so ask me how to sign up, or they just don't. Of course I'm happy to help them! But in the interest of having a more accurate headcount, reducing administration time on the day of, and making it easier on new players, I think this could be improved.

Maybe just showing a signup link to anonymous users that redirects to login? Even better if it can then redirect back to the tournament page, though I know that can be difficult to implement depending on the platform you're using, and especially with the account confirmation email being involved.

Thanks!
Old June 17th, 2023, 09:23 PM

Is there a way to retroactively change a player's army for an event? We had two players that had to change their armies at the last minute due to logistical issues, and we were running late so didn't have time to change them in the app. Would love to correct them tho, just for anyone interested in looking back at the data
Old June 17th, 2023, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill View Post
Is there a way to retroactively change a player's army for an event? We had two players that had to change their armies at the last minute due to logistical issues, and we were running late so didn't have time to change them in the app. Would love to correct them tho, just for anyone interested in looking back at the data
Me manually typing things into the database.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software