Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old October 25th, 2018, 05:26 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

Would SoV consider a Glyph?
Old October 25th, 2018, 05:31 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Would SoV consider a Glyph?
I feel like that question has come up a few times, although searching didn't get me much.

Even if we did accept glyphs, which I'm not sure we do, I'd probably say no to almost any glyph, unless I really felt it was innovative and unique.
Old October 25th, 2018, 05:38 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Glyph of HEROscape
Whenever a Unique Hero would receive one or more wounds from a figure that is not a Unique Hero, ignore one of those wounds.
Old October 25th, 2018, 07:23 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I've considered submitting SoV glyphs.

Glyph of Aegis
+1 defense to all figures within 4 spaces of this glyph, that are in clear sight of the figure on this glyph.

Glyph of Viserg
+1 attack to all figures within 4 spaces of this glyph, that are in clear sight of the figure on this glyph.

Glyph of Drassi
+1 Initiative for each figure within 2 spaces of this glyph, that are in clear sight of the figure on this glyph.

These were the ones I liked the most. They work for both teams, regardless of who holds them, so it makes them more interesting to play around. You can time when you are going to claim them, so that the enemy doesn't get the bonus. Figures that can move after, or when it's not their turn, can pull shenagins, like the Granite Guardians, and Maltis Tez, and Deathreavers.
Old November 10th, 2018, 09:21 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Which miniatures are good for the C3V? What availability number is good for the SoV?
Old November 10th, 2018, 09:28 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Good examples of minis for the C3V are the ones we've used.

The judges can speak for themselves about mini numbers for the SoV, and a review of discussions on that point occur from time to time in their thread. But I would be hopeful that ready availability of 50 or so would be good enough for a unique hero, with numbers going up or down depending on the qualities of the design.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 11th, 2018, 11:39 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Oldie but goodie below for your first question. Second question is preferebly 100+ if you’re add all online stores and eBay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Let's just remember that any figure that we choose for VC has to be:
  • available
  • numerous
  • cheap
  • the right scale
  • pre-painted
  • plastic
  • not too cartoonish
  • not too iconic
  • fit on a standard size Heroscape base
  • not deny any surrounding hexes
and possibly others I'm not thinking of ATM. Our options are always limited, just by the nature of Fanscape. Sometimes we're flexible on one or more of these points, and some folks are going to disagree with us. I'm sure some folks think Bramcephys is too cartoony, or are annoyed by the necessity to mod Racheim to avoid denial issues. It's just the nature of the beast. We do the best we can, but we all have to remain flexible.
Old November 12th, 2018, 07:31 PM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Oldie but goodie below for your first question. Second question is preferebly 100+ if you’re add all online stores and eBay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Let's just remember that any figure that we choose for VC has to be:
  • available
  • numerous
  • cheap
  • the right scale
  • pre-painted
  • plastic
  • not too cartoonish
  • not too iconic
  • fit on a standard size Heroscape base
  • not deny any surrounding hexes
and possibly others I'm not thinking of ATM. Our options are always limited, just by the nature of Fanscape. Sometimes we're flexible on one or more of these points, and some folks are going to disagree with us. I'm sure some folks think Bramcephys is too cartoony, or are annoyed by the necessity to mod Racheim to avoid denial issues. It's just the nature of the beast. We do the best we can, but we all have to remain flexible.
In regards to metal figures:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
The SoV only uses pre-painted figures. Assuming there are no other issues (price, availability, etc.), would metal figures that were produced and sold pre-painted be allowed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Assuming the scale was correct and they were painted, I don't know why we wouldn't. Metal figs tend to be pricey, though, and painted ones especially so. We do try to mind cost, at least at the time of the announcement of the mini.
Old November 12th, 2018, 07:52 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

We still haven't gone to metal minis. I don't anticipate we would do that soon.

= =
Old November 14th, 2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
We still haven't gone to metal minis. I don't anticipate we would do that soon.
My dwarven Great Axes of Ironstone are Metal figures. I was hoping to submit them by the end of year, and they were the reason I asked that question.
Here's a picture:
Old November 14th, 2018, 05:24 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Submit to the SoV?

I love to see the work of the customs creators on this site. And I'm not an SoV judge, who gets to decide whether to review a candidate, though I do get a vote (or two) later in the process. Are they prepainted, cost effective metal minis? If they are, that's wonderful and I look forward to considering them, should I get a chance. Otherwise, the SoV judges might not green light them. They can speak for themselves, of course.

= =
Old November 14th, 2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Submit to the SoV?

I love to see the work of the customs creators on this site. And I'm not an SoV judge, who gets to decide whether to review a candidate, though I do get a vote (or two) later in the process. Are they prepainted, cost effective metal minis? If they are, that's wonderful and I look forward to considering them, should I get a chance. Otherwise, the SoV judges might not green light them. They can speak for themselves, of course.
They are prepainted metal figures from a company called EM4. The company sells several sets of prepainted metal figures, some of which can be found on Amazon, though the Dwarf set is not found on Amazon. They come exactly as seen in the picture. They all come in a set, which costs £15, (currently on sale for £9) which is roughly $19.50 (or on sale for $11.7). The company selling them is based in the UK, and they offer a decent shipping rate for just one set to the US, at £4.40, which is $5.72. The rate does go up if you order larger quantities. The design I have is unique, 1 Unique Squad, and 1 Unique hero, so only one set would ever need to be purchased. I have purchased an extra 10 sets, and I would be willing to purchase more if they were passed into the testing phase, so that the longer shipping times wouldn't effect those interested in buying them early, or testing them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs