Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old April 7th, 2010, 12:52 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker
Re: Matt Helm's Customs - Darth Vader (and more Supers Updat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Welcome to the Dark Side!
Prehaps the real fall to the dark side is the amount of text. Thats prety wordy for our tasetern Matt.

Pete

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old April 7th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Light Saber Duel is an awesome idea for a power!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 7th, 2010, 04:57 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Are you aware you have been nominated in the NM24?
Old April 7th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
A Darth Vader figure in an Easter egg, huh? I know what that is...

Spoiler Alert!

I hope you don't fall down the slippery slope and begin buying up hordes of SW minis, my friend.

As for Vader, I like his overall stats and power level - pretty much the ballpark I'd place him in myself. (Does he qualify for Superstrength, though?) I also think Force Throw would sound better as the name of his special attack. And with Leap, do you or don't you want him to take leaving engagement attacks? Right now it reads like you forgot the word "not."
Great ideas all around here my friend.
I'll agree Superstrength can go bye bye.
Force Throw Special Attack sounds pretty good to me.
I originally wanted it to be Leap and not Stealth Leap because Darth is not really a hop around the map type guy. Once he's dueling, he pretty much stays on his opponent with no need to jump away. I would have used Stealth Leap on Maul who likes to leap around while battling. But in order to emulate a cool Star Wars Duel, I might have to make it a Stealth Leap for all jedi/sith.. I'll think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Light Saber Duel is an awesome idea for a power!
Thanks. I'm hoping it not only encourages Jedi and Sith to seek each other out (for defensive protection) but really emulates the movie feel where the duels seem to go on independent of the rest of the battle.

Hopefully my planned write up for Luke will satisfy enough theme. Darth will want to draw him away from the action while he'll want to battle near his friends. Now I just need to get myself a Luke mini while still avoiding that slippery slope mentioned by GO.

Last edited by Matt Helm; April 7th, 2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old April 7th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Star Wars customs! Mwahahahaha. You have officially started a trip down a very slippery slope. Wait until you see how easy and inexpensive it is to buy up squad figures. They're not nearly as expensive as the famous figures and they translate into Heroscape so excellently. Welcome to the Dark Side, Matt.
Old April 7th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Now I just need to get myself a Luke mini while still avoiding that slippery slope mentioned by GO.
That was my plan when I first started, too. Just a couple of figures, and that's it. Now I have more than I can count.
Old April 8th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Force Throw - He's not actually throwing anything though. Why not Force Choke? Choking is iconic for him after all.
Edit - I see your version can attack multiple targets. While multiple attacks makes him a stronger card, I still support the choking idea - Rolling 1 then 2 then 3, somehow making it worth rolling like that instead of just rolling 6

Leap - Speaking of iconic. Force Leaping didn't come until later, and with different characters. I always imagined him being menacing, slowly advancing ever closer. You think it is appropriate for his card?

Lightsaber Duel - very cool

btw, in the movies he force deflects projectiles, maybe that could be squeezed in there (or instead of leap).

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old April 8th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Force Throw - He's not actually throwing anything though. Why not Force Choke? Choking is iconic for him after all.
Edit - I see your version can attack multiple targets. While multiple attacks makes him a stronger card, I still support the choking idea - Rolling 1 then 2 then 3, somehow making it worth rolling like that instead of just rolling 6

Leap - Speaking of iconic. Force Leaping didn't come until later, and with different characters. I always imagined him being menacing, slowly advancing ever closer. You think it is appropriate for his card?

Lightsaber Duel - very cool

btw, in the movies he force deflects projectiles, maybe that could be squeezed in there (or instead of leap).
That's all good stuff Confred and pretty much the path I took before ending up where I did. "Suffocate" (which is what I would use for choke but to match the community created Malicecard) was the first power I had for Vader. But as I started the "Helm Process", I realized other than the officer in New Hope, did he really choke anyone until Padme in Revenge of the Sith? I convinced myself that it wasn't a battle tactic of his and I didn't need it.

Force Throw absolutely represents him throwing something. In Empire, he flings things at Luke during the duel. In Heroscape, he can throw rocks, small boulders, ice shards, bricks, sticks/branches, rubble... whatever is supposed to be scattered on the battlefield. Just like you don't actually see the bullets coming out of a Micro Corp Agent's gun, you won't see the debri that Vader is tossing. It was meant as a multiple attack that he could use to fend off squads, or a double attack to toss two items at 3 attack dice each at a hero. The problem is, the card is wordy and I may have to reconsider.

Stealth Leap was a late addition and I thought like you. Vader struts and doesn't pounce around like Maul. Is that because he can't do it? Or is it because in the movies he didn't have the need to (or Lucas didn't add that element until the second set ). He certainly did it in his younger days as Anakin. And I don't know how the novels and comics depict his movement during a fight. But bottom line is, he'd be the weakest jedi/sith if he was the only one who didn't have it. Besides in Empire, his battle with Luke seems to take place on multiple levels. I don't think Vader took an elevator every time Luke fell/jumped to another platform. I'd like to assume that when he wants to, he can use the force to levitate himself vertically in a leaping fashion. I did limit him to only 2 spaces horizontally though as I didn't want him using it to travel on a regualar basis but rather only when he needs to go meet his dueling partner at a different height such as a castle wall.

I'm still open to changes though if people disagree with my logic or if it has been too long since I've seenthe movies and Darth spends significant time choking people.

Oh yeah, and his ability to deflect projectiles is kind of wrapped up in the thematic side of Lightsaber Duel. He's vulnerable to them when not in a Duel but that's what I wanted so that there would be great incentive to seek out and find a light saber wielding partner to engage.
Old April 8th, 2010, 02:31 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

His choking Appears to be an intimidation thing. He only seems to use it to win a debate. He did leap a few times duing the empire and Return battles. I think the lack of leaping had more to do with special efects limitations, in the first three movies.

Pete

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old April 8th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can agree with your comments on the Throw now - I suppose working with Jean Grey and Magneto, I just pictured him throwing the figures not items at the figure. I wonder how it can be worded, or titled, to represent this.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old April 9th, 2010, 08:34 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

When I do the updates which of the 3 Guardian backgrounds do you want?

Which figure do you want on your "The Human Torch"?

Am I right in assuming the sunset pic background for Toro?

Cheers
Old April 10th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
When I do the updates which of the 3 Guardian backgrounds do you want?

Which figure do you want on your "The Human Torch"?

Am I right in assuming the sunset pic background for Toro?

Cheers
1. I'm more partial to the mountains and trees version of Guardian. Feels more Alpha Flight to me than the others.

2. The actual Jim Hammond piece works, don't bother with the Johnny Storm. I think I have to fix some wording on that card too.

3. I am trusting you on Toro. Assume away...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations