Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old August 7th, 2016, 11:36 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Sidekick Updates

Hi Matt, I had made the changes but was hit by a computer virus that actually stopped me from being able to get on to Photobucket to upload them. I have reformatted my C: drive & am in the process of reinstalling Windows (& all my other apps) at the moment. So there will be a little more of a delay than originally planned for. Sorry mate.
Old August 13th, 2016, 01:54 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Oh man that sucks. I fried a computer with a virus many years ago and lost a lot of pics for my first born. It was before the age of back ups with external drives and clouds. My wife still brings it up and tells everyone what I was searching for that resulted in my misfortune. Bad Matt Helm, bad.

Don't worry about delays. You know me, I'm just so appreciative for the help.

I still have updates to consider on Wonderman and then finalize my decision on wording options for Beast. Maybe I'll post those soon.

Other Updates would include Wendigo (I'm never happy with him) and I thought I wanted to tweak Joker but I can't find my notes.

I did find my notes for Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm so they will probably be my newest designs eventually.

Other plans without good notes include Captain Atom, Major Force, Captain Britain, Shi, and maybe even the Ninja Turtles (I said I wouldn't and I don't own minis yet but the kids actually asked... even though they don't even like the turtles).
Old August 13th, 2016, 03:48 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not to step on A3n's toes, but as you noticed over on my thread I already started rough drafts of all 4 TMNT characters. I'm not really happy with them at the moment (stats-wise I mean - I'm actually pretty pleased with the way the card art turned out), so if you have ideas for the Turtles I'd be happy to throw your text on my cards - a new Helm/Garada release for old time's sake!

Anyhow, no worries if not, but it'd only take a few minutes to knock each one out. I'm dying to get the MHNT (Matt Helm Ninja Turtles) to the table!
Old August 13th, 2016, 06:53 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Robin & Toro uploaded.
Old August 14th, 2016, 12:52 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks good buddy, can I be nit picky and ask about the indenting on some of the powers for both cards? And what do you think, should we lose the last comma in Robin's Dynamic Duo Special Attack?

And thanks for the offer Garada but honestly my turtle design is some time away. My ideas are really premature. I love the way you chose the old comic logo on your cards instead of a cartoon. Nice touch.
Old August 15th, 2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Thanks good buddy, can I be nit picky and ask about the indenting on some of the powers for both cards? And what do you think, should we lose the last comma in Robin's Dynamic Duo Special Attack?

And thanks for the offer Garada but honestly my turtle design is some time away. My ideas are really premature. I love the way you chose the old comic logo on your cards instead of a cartoon. Nice touch.
Be nit picky, not sure where those extra spaces came from . I agreed with losing the comma so have done so.

Robin, Bucky & Toro updated .
Old August 20th, 2016, 11:10 PM
Captain Underpants

Thank you as always, good buddy. The sidekicks look perfect. Now hopefully I didn't screw up the mechanics and these guys will finally see some playing time once in a while. If they're broken, my kids will exploit them for sure.

I'll be off the grid for a few days but while I'm gone, I leave you all with the update of Wonderman.

Please change the first sentence in Confidence Level to read:

-----------------------------------------
CONFIDENCE LEVEL
Before Wonder Man attacks a figure that he was not engaged with at the start of his turn, roll the 20-sided die.

Thanks again oh great one. You're Aces with a capital A3n.
Old September 29th, 2016, 02:20 PM
Captain Underpants

Just bumping in case @A3n has time to edit the first power wording on Wonder Man as listed in the prior post:

CONFIDENCE LEVEL
Before Wonder Man attacks a figure that he was not engaged with at the start of his turn, roll the 20-sided die.

Thank you sir.
Old September 30th, 2016, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Thank you as always, good buddy. The sidekicks look perfect. Now hopefully I didn't screw up the mechanics and these guys will finally see some playing time once in a while. If they're broken, my kids will exploit them for sure.

I'll be off the grid for a few days but while I'm gone, I leave you all with the update of Wonderman.

Please change the first sentence in Confidence Level to read:

CONFIDENCE LEVEL

Thanks again oh great one. You're Aces with a capital A3n.
Sorry mate I did miss seeing this one. Here you go...
Old November 5th, 2016, 04:15 PM
Captain Underpants

Re: HelmAverse Supers

I've toyed with a lot of different options and I just cannot find wording that explains Beast's Acrobatic Attack as clearly as my original write up. Basically, the second attack is triggered by the skull on the first attack and the Stealth Leap in between is optional but contingent on the second attack being made. Therefore, the wording has to describe the mandatory aspect of the power first:
- initial attack rolls a skull
- second attack pending
The optional piece then follows regarding the choice to move between attacks. I know it is out of action order but I think it is more important to clearly explain the conditions.

So with that said @A3n , I think I'm ready for a Beast card.

Thank you in advance.
Old November 5th, 2016, 04:52 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm not certain the second attack should be forced. The first attack could be like a warning/warding attack that creates distance so he may "talk it out."

ACROBATIC ATTACK
When Beast attacks, if he rolls at least 1 skull, he may immediately move with his Stealth Leap Special Power. If he ends that move engaged, he may attack an additional time.
~

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old November 5th, 2016, 10:53 PM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
I'm not certain the second attack should be forced. The first attack could be like a warning/warding attack that creates distance so he may "talk it out."

ACROBATIC ATTACK
When Beast attacks, if he rolls at least 1 skull, he may immediately move with his Stealth Leap Special Power. If he ends that move engaged, he may attack an additional time.
~
I love it!!!!!!

Somehow I don't have rep to give you... I'll have to spread some around and come back here where you deserve it.

Thank you, Confred, excellent work. I'll go with it even though I have a concern that it is unclear if he can Stealth Leap after the second attack. I'll change the attack to "one" additional time but do you think I have to somehow close the loop and make it clear that his move and attack cannot be done again?

EDIT: Do you think it's overkill to add this in?

ACROBATIC ATTACK
When Beast attacks for the first time this turn, if he rolls at least 1 skull, he may immediately move with his Stealth Leap Special Power. If he ends that move engaged, he may attack one additional time.

Last edited by Matt Helm; November 6th, 2016 at 12:51 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations