Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 5th, 2020, 08:02 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Looks much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 5th, 2020, 08:56 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Spoiler Alert!

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on a species for Masha. There's a lot of good stuff there, and I think that I've finally got something that I can live with. I'll get another submission ready sometime tonight.

Also, I'm really liking the changes to Clayton. I was never fond of how clunky the powers were before, so if this version maintains a unique playstyle, then that'd be fantastic.
Old May 5th, 2020, 09:20 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Oh yeah, that version of Clayton looks sharp. I hope it works out as intended in playtesting.
Old May 5th, 2020, 10:06 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

FWIW, I actually liked the aura better at 3 spaces. For some unknown reason most auras in Heroscape seem to gravitate toward even numbers, but here a slightly smaller aura helps sell the theme of a closely coordinated Shootout, IMO.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 5th, 2020, 11:05 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
FWIW, I actually liked the aura better at 3 spaces. For some unknown reason most auras in Heroscape seem to gravitate toward even numbers, but here a slightly smaller aura helps sell the theme of a closely coordinated Shootout, IMO.
I didn't notice the change, and I also liked the tighter restriction. I think opening that up more will also work to weaken the theme of Posse a bit, as the range restriction on Shootout will be what keeps the Posse together. I'm curious as to what prompted this change.
Old May 5th, 2020, 11:08 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Both dok and I suggested it. Thematically, in both real life and movies, they spread out. Bunching them all together seems like a parody to me.

Quote:
Old May 6th, 2020, 11:52 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I know there's a team of people working on Clayton, and I imagine the members of that team were quite frustrated at the outcome of our most recent vote.

I didn't have strong feelings one way or the other about the last design. It was fine, I guess. I was sympathetic with the criticism that it suffered from needless complexity, and it had the potential to be more awesome than it was.

I really like the version I'm seeing here. I think the extra layer of refinement and polish has led to a design that shines. Here is something that looks different, thematic, and fun, but is also restrained and clear in the execution of the theme. Good job.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 8th, 2020, 02:01 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Been mulling it over a fair bit these last couple days on this design and landed on what you see here. From my last version there are only 4 subtle changes:

1) Dropped Normal attack to 4. This was to make the SA more appealing and to lean the player into taking attacks primarily with the SA in order to deal damage, but also at the risk of wounding self

2) Increase points by 5. This may go up or down in testing (probably up if anything),but based off of feedback, I gave him a price bump

3) Rather than the 'may' in the SA ability I changed it to 'must' in order to be more thematic as well as to create tension with the players positioning of their other units and/or the potential to engage too many foes and run the higher risk of failing and taking a wound as well as being surrounded.

4) Changed the title of the SA. I like both Bloodthirsty...but I felt like the ravenous 'frenzy' of attacks would come upon destroying figures...so I changed the title to a more frenzied, ravenous theme.

Due to the subtle changes, there aren't drastic gameplay changes that will occur because of it and so I plan to resubmit after some more testing to "sure up" my position and how I feel about it. I think this "tune up" is for the better (based off of feedback received) and am still interested in hearing any thoughts.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 8th, 2020, 09:14 AM

The normal attack will never be used.

Quote:
Old May 8th, 2020, 09:43 AM

I also think that lowering the normal attack decreases the decision-making. Having the normal attack being at least as strong as the special was, before, pretty much the only thing that made it seem like a choice to me. Now, I'd probably just suffer the wound against even a single hero if didn't have height.
Old May 8th, 2020, 11:23 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
The normal attack will never be used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I also think that lowering the normal attack decreases the decision-making. Having the normal attack being at least as strong as the special was, before, pretty much the only thing that made it seem like a choice to me. Now, I'd probably just suffer the wound against even a single hero if didn't have height.
That’s exactly the point. I realized he gets too consistent and too good NOT using his normal if his normal attack is 5. Then he can just be a normal Bruiser without having to risk wounds. I decided it was more thematic to have the demon always in a reckless, ravenous frenzy...always putting himself at risk. The player can get a solid attack of 4 but that’s not going to do much for the investment of points. The Demon is most effective as an uncontrollable ravenous beast and I want that to show as a constant theme rather than a player having similar productivity without ever using the SA.

I don’t think every unit designed has to create tough decision making. As it is, A-N DOES creat that through how you position him for the SA and just how many enemies you want to engage should he rampage. I just decided that I do t want the decision making to reside between the SA or the Normal attack as much.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 8th, 2020, 11:28 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Should "up to" 3 other lawmen you control also be on the shootout power on Clayton's card as well? Could be read as not being able to use the power if you only have two other lawmen, unless that's intended.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards