Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 4th, 2016, 05:18 PM

Smurf_Scape is surprisingly tart
Hedron Horde - NEW - Special Rule Suggestion?

Hey all, I decided I needed more terrain for AotP. I found a link somewhere on this wonderful site (sorry no source/credit) to the Wizards official release materials for Battle for Zendikar (a card set). They issued a free PnP PDF of a hedron for stores to use during pre-release.

Anyways, I printed and made a bunch of these Hedrons (11),

Obviously hedrons as they are from the PDF can not stand on their own, not to mention that hedrons in Zendikar are meant to be emerged in the ground. This led me to cut some of the tips off so they could stand (with a little weight) on their own.

I have, however, ran into a problem. I seem to not be able to come up with more ways to cut these tips off. I have done three different cuts (two of which remarkably similar I can't really tell a a difference).

Here is where this wonderful community could help me, what other ways do you think they could be cut to make cool looking LoS blockers for HS/AotP?

'List of ways'
-Straight cut not in the middle, "hamburger style"
-Diagonal cut so an edge is pointing forward
-Diagonal cut so that a flat surface is facing forward
-Straight Cut through the middle through 'hamburger style"
-Straight Cut through the middle "hot-dog style"
-Straight cut through not the middle "hot-dog style"

How should I weight them in order to keep them up right, or from easily tipping when touched?
I ended up making cardboard slips that fit perfectly in the hole portions. I layered some PVA glue and sand to add weight so that they would not tip over by looking at them.

*New Question* What sort of special rules would you think could be used for these?
I was thinking somewhere on the lines of, "If you control two more figures adjacent

Here's a drop box link to the hedron, wizards doesn't seem to be hosting it anymore,Hedron PDF, DroBox Link

Thanks in advance guys!

Update: Finished them all up and weighted/based them. Here are them free standing on a 2 by 2 AotP board. Let me know what you think!

Last edited by Smurf_Scape; December 2nd, 2016 at 10:42 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles