Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old March 6th, 2019, 06:43 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
The fact that you put an angry thumbs down emoji quoting my teasing tongue out emoji says, "yes, more than I thought so."
Huh? Where did I put a thumbs down emoji? If I did it wasn’t intentional, sorry about that. For the record, I’m not angry ( I don’t do angry), I’m just chatting.

Quote:
For the record, I "like" superheroes, its my thing. In much the same way that I feel you like Transformers and Arkham likes Mortal Kombat.
Now imagine this were the Transformers Custom Guild and someone was proposing that GoBots be included. Then tangentially Voltron, then so on and so on, until My Little Pony were somehow being discussed. Do you see where I am coming from?
Not really? I mean, a Transformers Custom guild would never get that far because everyone would be arguing about how Beast Wars or whatever shouldn’t be allowed (its a pretty fractured fandom) anyway, but I wouldn’t have a problem with any of that (heck, Gobots is already part of the Transformers multiverse). Especially if it was a ‘guest star’ type deal, like only doing one My Little Pony design or whatnot. Like even with something I didn’t like (like the Bayformers) I wouldn’t have any problem with people doing it if that’s what they want to do. Like if I go ‘no,no movie designs for you!’ it doesn’t somehow force them to make something I’d want (like Manta Ray or Road Rage or something) it just makes them not want to do anything.

Like I get objecting to things over system concerns and such, but I don’t think ‘my thing is better than your thing so there!’ is a great argument, and to be honest, that’s kinda how you come across sometimes. Like it’s a bit Gatekeepy. Just because you’re passionate about Superheroes dosen’t mean the people in favor of adding other stuff aren’t, or that there’s only one right way to enjoy them or something.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 6th, 2019, 06:59 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Wow you guys really had a cat fight in the one day I was gone huh

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old March 6th, 2019, 06:59 PM

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Also, a reminder that Squirrel Girl's main ability in this game is to be able to stack up to 999 squirrels and then throw them at someone

We're definitely past "nothing ridiculous"

Old March 6th, 2019, 07:06 PM

Anyway I'm a bit late to the party but I'll quickly weigh in as one of the newer guys

I like superheroes and comics more than anything else, but I obviously am in support of adding some other stuff like manga (namely, for me, JoJo's and My Hero Academia)

I think so long as we consistently produce MAINLY superhero/comic content (which, for the most part, we do), then we can spare some room for some unconventional figures

I don't particularly care about Powerpuff Girls or MLP myself, but I can't tell you the idea of playing a game involving the Justice League vs a bunch of ponies doesn't sound hilarious, if you could come up with cool designs for them

I think one of the nice things about C3G is that a lot of the custom Heroscape content I've seen previously is just amateurish and thrown together quickly- there's quality control and a community with good design sense here, so if I wanted to design a character, I'd want to at least have some input from you guys (or just Ronin, since he's the main guy contributing to my JJBA designs despite knowing nothing about it. Thanks <3 )

Old March 6th, 2019, 08:03 PM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!

Personally I'll happily play characters I'm not interested in if their powers are fun. And I know even though I don't care about Doctor Who or Transformers or Dragonball Z or whatever example you wanna use, having stuff included (assuming it makes sense for a skirmish battle game, which I'd argue MLP probably doesn't) is going to make it that much easier for me to convince friends to try out this crazy game that a bunch of devoted fans worked so hard to keep alive.
Old March 6th, 2019, 08:05 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualizium View Post
Personally I'll happily play characters I'm not interested in if their powers are fun. And I know even though I don't care about Doctor Who or Transformers or Dragonball Z or whatever example you wanna use, having stuff included (assuming it makes sense for a skirmish battle game, which I'd argue MLP probably doesn't) is going to make it that much easier for me to convince friends to try out this crazy game that a bunch of devoted fans worked so hard to keep alive.
This.

~Lazy Orang, who pushed for Mortal Kombat in the Sanctum less out of personal interest and more because she knew her brother would love to see it.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 6th, 2019, 08:17 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

You all know I love Dr Who, but I never created Marvel HS cards for them. I put them with original Heroscape. I don't believe they belonged in the "Super" hero universe. So I slotted them in with the generals I thought best suited them. Aliens, Horror, Dinosaurs, Transformers, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat etc. all fit nicely in the ethos (& intent) of the original Heroscape.

This is my opinion only & I had my votes previously on a lot of these sort of decisions when I was in the Hero role. I voted against a lot of this "tangent" stuff but C3G is about the group as a whole & in the majority of cases the group voted in favour. I think once the first was allowed it justified all to follow. It's been a slowly diverging inclusion by what was previously accepted. At this point I am beginning to think in the end there will be very little difference between C3G & the original Heroscape.

But it's what the collective want & you have a choice. Continue to support C3G by continuing to provide your input & support regardless of your personal feelings & help them continue to make the best customs around. Only provide support for the things that interest you, which is probably fine but if everybody this C3G will dwindle into non-existence. Or don't support them anymore, & in that you can be happy with what is already produced that interest you or what maybe produced in the future that interests you. But again if more people take the last option then C3G will again dwindle into non-existence.

Long live C3G & Heroscape!
Old March 6th, 2019, 08:34 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I absolutely agree there need to be some lines drawn somewhere, otherwise you'd just have people LDing a design for their pet cat or whatever
Hey! Josie Whistlestop (C3V) is named after my cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
EDIT* I’ll add that my stance is wholly selfish. I just want the groups focus and resources being utilized making characters I care about. I recognize that and it’s why I don’t poo on anime brainstorms or whatnot.
I totally identify with this and the whole idea of seeing limited resources used on stuff I don't personally care about is the only thing that really makes me want to object to just about anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
I think so long as we consistently produce MAINLY superhero/comic content (which, for the most part, we do), then we can spare some room for some unconventional figures.
I agree with this mission statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
I think one of the nice things about C3G is that a lot of the custom Heroscape content I've seen previously is just amateurish and thrown together quickly- there's quality control and a community with good design sense here, so if I wanted to design a character, I'd want to at least have some input from you guys (or just Ronin, since he's the main guy contributing to my JJBA designs despite knowing nothing about it. Thanks <3 )
And I totally identify with this take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
But it's what the collective want & you have a choice. Continue to support C3G by continuing to provide your input & support regardless of your personal feelings & help them continue to make the best customs around. Only provide support for the things that interest you, which is probably fine but if everybody this C3G will dwindle into non-existence. Or don't support them anymore, & in that you can be happy with what is already produced that interest you or what maybe produced in the future that interests you. But again if more people take the last option then C3G will again dwindle into non-existence.

Long live C3G & Heroscape!
Well said!

Oh, and as the person who posted that 50-100 superheroes projection I can tell you that I agree with LO's reading of it. That was then and this is now. We've obviously grown well past anything I ever expected when I made the first post!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 6th, 2019, 08:51 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

The ship has done sailed

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 6th, 2019, 08:55 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/c4d65df...8-9ea6abfd7a0c

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 6th, 2019, 09:15 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Man did I open a can of worms today. I was merely stating personal preference and not that they shouldn't be allowed. This is and always will be more about the group as a whole than the individual and their preferences. I mean would I rather not have to worry about designing around Slashers or street Fighter or something else that doesn't fit my definition of what Super'Scape should be? Absolutely, but that doesn't mean that I am right or that it should go my way. I respect the opinions of this group and won't stop contributing just because things are different from the way I would envision them.

I could definitely see MLP in Scape, but they don't exactly fit my definition of Superheroes just like the Powerpuff Girls don't really fit my definition either even though they are much closer than MLP, but then I'm likely biased in a comic book direction whereas some of you are less so or not all and that is perfectly fine.

The only thing I will demand is quality and dedication. Be passionate about your interpretation of what C3G is/should be but also be dedicated to the group. Make this project about more than just you and it will keep on living long past us. The key is to work together despite our differences and reach a place where we never could have otherwise.

I have witnessed tremendous growth in this group, both of the group itself and of individuals in the group. What could be better than that? Nothing in my book. The key is to have fun and be passionate while still respecting and valuing the opinions of the group as a whole. It's our turn to carry the torch that keeps C3G burning. May it burn for a Century.
Old March 6th, 2019, 09:23 PM

I think this conversation has been super inspiring!

Btw: lest folks think we've diverted from our primary objective in all of this, last night I was looking at a list of comic book characters with the most appearances. The list went to 100. How many on that list currently have (at least one, many multiple) C3G cards? 94.

94%. Not too shabby.

Who are the six?

Well, there's Phantom, whom we'd have to find a mini for.

There's Franklin Richards, son of Reed and Sue Richards, whom I've at least seen write ups for (courtesy of johnny139 most recently).

And then there are like four members of the New Mutants, a group that we apparently just don't care enough about. (Cannonball's on my bucket list, fwiw. Sunspot, Magik, and one other were also named - I forget who).

Edit: The sixth one was Rachel Summers! We've only done like four or five of her family members so far. But we should probably get to her eventually, yeah.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape