Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 25th, 2012, 12:52 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The HelmAverse Custom Expansion Sets - new Razor card is

I really like the wild-pack feel of the Pteravore Razors. I also appreciate how you addressed their special attack. When I was trying to design their attack for my own card, I was torn between the "frenzy" type of attack and having a higher than average base-attack. You have done a great job at mixing the two--with Wild Tactics.

And as usually A3n, another beautiful card--It makes me feel like the old previews of the official cards.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old March 25th, 2012, 05:28 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Ooooo that Pteravore hero looks sweet! I have to somehow get me one of those. I'm glad you like what has been brewing here 1moreheroscaper, I'll try not to let you down with any of it.

And thanks for the hard work A3n in keeping the updates coming along with the new cards. I feel guilty asking you for another update and I apologize to anyone who has printed the card, but I was hoping to get an eventual edit to Steel Ultimatus... a very small edit.

In order to keep the HelmAverse cards consistent, I now have a Doc Oc in the Supers thread with the same ability and would like to change Steel's "Gravity Adaptors" to include going down levels of terrain (which it should have had probably anyway) and a name change to:

------------------------------
ENHANCED CLIMB X2
When moving up or down levels of terrain, Steel Ultimatus may double his Height and count each 2 levels of terrain as 1 space.
------------------------------

It takes a little theme away but really sounds more official to have a generic name that describes the power for any card that can do it.

Thanks pal.
Fixed . Updates are easier than a whole new card
Old July 20th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks to davidlhsl, a little life was breathed into the HelmAverse Battleball figures. You can check out his very entertaining romp right here.

David's battles are always full of really cool custom rule scenarios that add tons of flavor. He often uses C3G figures and in this case he added in some C3V. I can't thank him enough for his playtesting type goodness.

By the way, I haven't given up on this thread and still have a few more ideas on the way.

Last edited by Matt Helm; July 20th, 2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old July 21st, 2012, 07:04 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: The HelmAverse Custom Expansion Sets

It was a fun battle! I've been swamped with work this past week, which is the reason I haven't popped here with comments on the designs, but things are starting to return to normal. When that happens, I'll share some thoughts on some of my favorite aspects of the figures.

I also have plans for another exhibition battle, and I'm definitely planning on working the Pteravore Razors into the draft. I've been progressing at a deliberate snails pace recently, though work completely nerfed my recent efforts.

But I think this entire set of designs is fantastic. I've been immersed in Superhero Scape, and it's nice to return to Classic Scape's power levels.
Old July 21st, 2012, 10:17 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Okey, doke! Let’s have a Burt’s!

I realized during my game that I had, in fact, played these designs before when I played my Mirrored Universe battle. Looking over all the cards produced so far, you’ve already created a nice collection of units. The Karn and Nexus are the most fully fleshed groups, which befits their rival status.

Vanessa Krayg is my favorite. She’s what I like to call a Ping-Pong unit, as her design encourages her to zip from figure to figure and strike. Her ability to bump figures around is icing on the cake.

Next favorite is actually the mirrored designs of Stalwart and Colossor. I love Malfunction, as I like designs that have vulnerabilities. Stalwart’s defense system seems to make him a tad better than Colossor’s offense, as Mech Defense did give him good survivability. This is based more on recollection than more objective analysis.

Asyassin is a fun unit, and the mechanic of tossing the marker is neat. I didn’t think twice about tossing the first marker, but I felt a tad greedy with the other two markers to give Asyassin +2. However, I can see myself tossing the markers once he starts taking wounds. Edit: Checking my battle, I did try to toss the second marker to Brutus. I think holding on to two markers until taking wounds would've been the better play.

Those are my hightlights. I didn’t notice any problems or issues at all. I’m looking forward to seeing what further goodies you have in store.

Last edited by davidlhsl; July 22nd, 2012 at 08:04 AM.
Old August 19th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Davidhsl is at it again. A quick little battle report he posted includes a mix of figures from Calssic Harbro, C3V and the HelmAverse (Sesnie, Iron Judge, and the Pteravore Razors).

Please catch his action HERE.

I encourage all customs fans to read his thread regularly as he continues to entertain heroscapers on a regular basis.

Speaking of "heroscapers", 1moreheroscaper has revived the Horgle project and is producing (and reproducing) some awesome customs. Check out his latest work HERE.

As for this thread, we're not done yet. There are a few more designs yet to come and I still have pics of the Kinsmen that I have to get to A3n so that he can work out that card eventually. We still have the Trooper card write ups to produce on cards (see 2nd post in this thread) and then a few more designs eventually to make it here.

I do have a clix piece picked out for a Pteravore unique hero and I may scrap the original planned Qa'an Thorn Crawler design and instead come up with a Pteravore design there as well. I'm not sure so that will have to wait.

Last edited by Matt Helm; August 19th, 2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old August 19th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Looking forward to seeing the magic you create!

The Razors were fun, though I only got a teensy taste with only two squads drafted. I had a ton of figures I wanted to toss in that Horror Team. I completely overlooked the possibility of hopping the Razors that were able to attack. I think there may have been some situations later where they could've hopped to higher ground, though most of their time was spent closing in on those darned dirty apes.

Iron Judge not only gave those Gorillanators a nasty boost, but nobody could lay a glove on him. Even Sesnie was taken down trying to take a swipe at the guy!

Fun stuff as always!
Old August 19th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Captain Underpants

So do you think that Iron Judge is too much as written or did the dice help you out a lot? Maybe +1 attack and +1 defense for ranged squads that can stray 2 spaces away is too much? I know he plays well enough with melee baller squads but this may be the first time he mixed it up with a heavy number of ranged squad figures.
Old August 19th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Quote:
So do you think that Iron Judge is too much as written or did the dice help you out a lot? Maybe +1 attack and +1 defense for ranged squads that can stray 2 spaces away is too much? I know he plays well enough with melee baller squads but this may be the first time he mixed it up with a heavy number of ranged squad figures.
Team Horror actually had a lot of luck in that game, so the attack boost didn't have as much of an impact in the early round as the fact the Gorillanators had great range. Even the Havech's 30% chance of getting taken down by their own ranged attacks didn't take any of them out. But the defense boost worked well in combination with the Tough auto-shield, height, and occasionally the shadow.

It also helped the Gorillas that my opening moves marched two squads forward, which avoided the situation of having to pull reinforcements from the start zones during the heavy fighting. There were 3 firing G-Men at all times until the end game. There were times I needed to reposition Iron Judge, which did buy some time for the other side.

The combo of attack and defense boost does make him a combo of Raelin #1 and Taelord, though at a range of 2 instead of 4. Hmmm, imagine him with a squad of 4th Mass!

I never feel confident in costing figures. My instinct is to avoid making drastic changes based on only one battle unless a problem becomes obvious. Based on this battle, I'm inclined to say wait and see.
Old August 19th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Captain Underpants

[quote=davidlhsl;1661024]
Quote:
The combo of attack and defense boost does make him a combo of Raelin #1 and Taelord, though at a range of 2 instead of 4. Hmmm, imagine him with a squad of 4th Mass!
Thanks for the feedback. I consider him more like Captain American with a 2 space aura instead of 1 but only boosting squads and not helping heroes. I thought the much lower stats, the lack of a ranged attack, and the much weaker version of Counter Strike was my reasoning behind his original cost level.

I think the Gorillanators were the perfect squad to take advantage because of the long range, the Tough defense, and the quick move for height. I also think the HelmAverse Agents of Shield may be sick with him and their Triangulation power. I'm hoping that with limited mobility and a defense of 4, he can be taken down by enemy range quite easily. And that's why it may be good to surround him with his own squads of sacrificing ballers.

I think you're right though and I'll leave him as is until I get more testing in on him.
Old August 19th, 2012, 10:43 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

I am excited to see more of these guys being play tested. I will have to play test more of your newer units soon.

Thanks to davidlhsl for the ongoing testing plays and battle reports--awesome! I'll have to see if I can provide some other support for interest in these customs...let me see what I come up with. I also know there are some Havok figures on Ebay.uk as right now. The overseas shipping isn't that bad for 1-2 dozen of these figures.

I am getting ready to print your cards after some more tests.

Hymar's_Temple
Old September 1st, 2012, 12:11 AM

I tried 3 x the Nexus Kinsmen today. I didn't include other Nexus units, so I wasn't able to benefit from their Military Cross Training. I did use their Multi Task Special Attack against a few Samurai Archers.

So far my first attempt with them seemed okay--not overpowered and possibly close a reasonable amount of points. They are like Stingers, except with the ability to have 6 weaker attacks in a turn, rather than 3 boosted attacks from Stinger Drain and no Rebirth potential for the higher point cost.

I would like to try them a few more time before I give a stronger thumbs up.

Hymar's_Temple

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards