Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old July 1st, 2020, 07:34 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
3. Marcu vs. Marcu in a matchup where one Marcu is more useful than the other. Marcu blocks the other Marcu from rolling Eternal Hatred which totally changes him. So say on a board with an Ulvania glyph, a Marcu army that includes Marro Warriors can risk free send Marcu to Ulvania to hold that glyph. If the other player without a unique squad in his army sits his Marcu they can't do this as risk free.
ummm...whaaaat...? Is that true? Marcu on each side of the army denies rolling for eternal hatred? Is that because you can't have 2 of the same unique figure in the army at the same time? and technically by getting eternal hatred you would control 2 figures in the same army?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 2nd, 2020, 04:22 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
3. Marcu vs. Marcu in a matchup where one Marcu is more useful than the other. Marcu blocks the other Marcu from rolling Eternal Hatred which totally changes him. So say on a board with an Ulvania glyph, a Marcu army that includes Marro Warriors can risk free send Marcu to Ulvania to hold that glyph. If the other player without a unique squad in his army sits his Marcu they can't do this as risk free.
ummm...whaaaat...? Is that true? Marcu on each side of the army denies rolling for eternal hatred? Is that because you can't have 2 of the same unique figure in the army at the same time? and technically by getting eternal hatred you would control 2 figures in the same army?
This is true. No controlling 2 of the same uniques, even if its temporary.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 09:00 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I think that (or maybe Ne-Gok-Sa) was one of the very few rulings that the early FAQ said you could and a later FAQ said you couldn't take over the same figure, as I guess there were too many complications with other powers. Someone will have to dig out an early FAQ to verify.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 09:26 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
This is true. No controlling 2 of the same uniques, even if its temporary.
But to answer vegie's question, even if you could drop Marcu, he's still in your army right? If so, the opponent's Marcu still doesn't have to roll for EH, meaning drop Marcu for that reason isn't valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaster View Post
- ETERNAL HATRED : Two Marcus in opposing armies
If two or more players have Marcu in their armies, do we still roll for Eternal Hatred?
No. Since you cannot have two copies of the same unique figure in one army, there is no need to roll for Eternal Hatred, even after one of the Marcus dies.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 09:27 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Doubling Up Season

Before Ulginesh you could have multiples of the same unique through mind shackle and they were treated as separate figures (e.g. Raelin A boosts Raelin B and Raelin B boosts Raelin A). Ulginesh broke this though. Since they would be considered separate figures if you mind shackled Ulginesh and had your own Ulginesh you could now take infinite turns. To stop this, rules were changed to prevent you from having more than one of the same unique in your army and because Sturla, you couldn't have them in your army even if the figure was dead

As for the original question, I don't see why you couldn't, but I don't have a ruling to back me up.

~Dysole, who has over the years discovered gaps like these in scape rules
Old July 2nd, 2020, 11:40 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

I don’t think there’s much water in the argument that “it doesn’t say you can’t”, because there are plenty of things I could argue on that basis.

1. Can I choose to place wounds on my own units? Can I choose to start Alastair with 3 wounds? Can I choose to place 5 wounds on Krug? Why not?
2. Can I choose to destroy my own units at any time? Can I just say this Zombie is dead, so I have someone to spawn up in an advantageous spot?
3. Can I rotate a jungle tree to fit my dragon? One of the jungle trees leans pretty heavily. I actually did this in a tourney against Matthew (we were both 1-2 in 4x4, so it didn’t matter), but I doubt it’s legal. I also doubt you can point me to a ruling that says it’s illegal.
4. Can I pick up a glacier, walk along its base to the other side, and put it back down? I know you can’t walk through a glacier, but you can walk on ice. What about trees? Jungle?

I know those are increasingly ridiculous, but that’s kind of my point. We laugh at the last one, but at the same time, I doubt the rules explicitly forbid it. Imo, do what the rules say, not what they don’t forbid.

Last edited by OEAO; July 2nd, 2020 at 05:52 PM. Reason: You as in anyone. I’m not picking on anyone in particular.
Old October 25th, 2020, 10:42 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hola Scapers! Had a funky scenario pop up in my head:

Let’s say I have my Deepwyrm Drow squaddie adjacent to my Torin, and my opponent shoots the Drow squaddie with their non-adjacent Aubrien Archer. 1 skull rolled on the Aubrien attack, and the Drow rolls a 20 for hide in darkness. My questions begin here:

-Can I still roll the Drow’s defense just to try to get 2 shields to kill the Aubrien with the evil eye effect from Torin?

-I assume the above is allowed, so now let’s say I roll defense and get 0 shields, the 1 damage that the Drow would take is still ignored due to hide in darkness, right?
Old October 25th, 2020, 11:15 AM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Optional Coverage

Neither is an optional power, but to my reading the implication is that if HiD hits, you no longer have the opportunity to roll defense dice. I'll fully admit it's vague enough that I can see it the other way, but I'm not sure why they would use the phrase "roll defense dice normally" if the intention was to allow you to roll defense when HiD triggered. That said, if you're allowed to roll defense dice, the second part is definitely true.

~Dysole, who if she was a TD would rule you can't roll the dice
Old October 25th, 2020, 11:23 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've always played powers like that as if you ignore the attack completely if you hit the D20 roll (Spidey-Sense and such powers work the same way). I realize the text doesn't actually say to "ignore the attack," but it feels pretty implied?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 25th, 2020, 11:26 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Optional Coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Neither is an optional power, but to my reading the implication is that if HiD hits, you no longer have the opportunity to roll defense dice. I'll fully admit it's vague enough that I can see it the other way, but I'm not sure why they would use the phrase "roll defense dice normally" if the intention was to allow you to roll defense when HiD triggered. That said, if you're allowed to roll defense dice, the second part is definitely true.

~Dysole, who if she was a TD would rule you can't roll the dice
I think I can see it either way as well, although if I were a TD I think I’d lean toward allowing the Drow player to do what I mention in my question. I think primarily because I do not see anything implying that defense dice are not rolled on the HiD power, it just says “ignore all damage that would be inflicted by the attack.”

I guess for me, it comes down to - is a skull rolled equivalent to damage, or is an UNBLOCKED skull (after rolling defense and #skulls > #shields) considered damage?

@IAmBatman - In most cases, rolling hide in darkness means you can just ignore rolling defense altogether because there are no additional effects to be checked for. In this case, though, there is potential for evil eye.
Old October 25th, 2020, 11:33 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

To be clear, I don't think it's the "ignore damage" text that implies you ignore the attack (it doesn't -- at all).

I think it's the juxtaposition with the "roll defense dice normally" text that implies that you don't roll defense dice normally if you hit the roll.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 25th, 2020, 01:12 PM

Same

Like Bats, I agree. The wording of "roll defense dice normally" is what leads me to my reading of the implication. Microcorp Agents who do roll defense dice have their power trigger when the wound is received rather than rolling defense dice. I think stealth armor wording would've been used instead of vanish wording if they wanted you to roll defense dice.

~Dysole, noting the question also applies to Isamu

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's