Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 6th, 2019, 04:27 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Kolakoski’s Pre-SoV Custom Corner

Forgot that is a big issue for SoV. Hmm, you may want to find new a figure first.
Old September 6th, 2019, 05:22 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Meanwhile, Superfrog hammered Ueshi in the Workshop thread.

Old September 8th, 2019, 09:48 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Uploaded Pathfinder’s new Elven Ranger (Sword version) to my images in the Gallery. Sculpt inspiration:

NIERIEL

General ???

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Rogue
Personality Reckless

Size Medium 4

Life 4
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3

Points ???

Needle
After moving but before attacking, if Nieriel was not engaged when she moved, choose an opponent’s figure and roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher, the opponent’s figure rolls 2 fewer defense dice if attacked by Nieriel this turn.

Follow Through
If Nieriel attacks, she may attack again with 1 less attack die.

Double Parry
If Nieriel is attacked and a skull is rolled, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher, Nieriel takes no damage. If the attack was a normal attack from an adjacent figure, that figure receives a wound.

The Rogue faction could use a melee unit. Choosing a figure first is a better method for me, I suspect.

Last edited by kolakoski; September 8th, 2019 at 11:24 AM.
Old September 8th, 2019, 11:26 AM

Well met

OK. Removed 20-sided die roll from Follow Through.

NIERIEL

General ???

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Rogue
Personality Reckless

Size Medium 4

Life 4
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3

Points ???

Needle
After moving but before attacking, if Nieriel was not engaged when she moved, choose an opponent’s figure and roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher, the opponent’s figure rolls 2 fewer defense dice if attacked by Nieriel this turn. [Simulates throwing one of the daggers on her belt to distract her opponent as she moves in.]

Follow Through
If Nieriel attacks, she may attack again with 1 less attack die. [Simulates an immediate follow up strike with her shorter sword.]

Double Parry
If Nieriel is attacked and a skull is rolled, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher, Nieriel takes no damage. If the attack was a normal attack from an adjacent figure, that figure receives a wound. [Simulates parrying with both swords.]

Old September 8th, 2019, 10:12 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

3 d20 powers feels a bit heavy handed.
Old September 8th, 2019, 12:11 PM

Is that what needs extra attack or three.
Feels a bit more warrior than rogue.
Old September 8th, 2019, 01:24 PM

Well met!

If the second attack is eliminated, would you feel better about her being a Rogue?

Old September 9th, 2019, 01:52 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I missed giving feedback on Ueshi. I think the concept is neat enough, but agree with what the others in the pre-SoV thread said in that he probably wouldn't have enough of a use on the battlefield. OM removal is a neat aspect, but someone who can pretty much only remove OMs and not destroy figures isn't going to get much done, especially in endgame. That said, I know that C3G has had some cool figures that have had powers saying essentially "when X would inflict one or more wounds on a figure, you may instead remove a number of OMs from that figure's card for each wound that would have been inflicted." Something like that could work, since you can choose to inflict wounds or remove OMs. (Unfortunately I don't remember what figure(s) have that power, so I can't give you an exact card for reference.)

I liked your first draft of Nieriel better for the most part. Though I didn't think Needle was a throwing knife, I thought it was just her ability to make a precise strike between armor. If you want to keep that direction, and to avoid too much D20 rolling, you could do as the Varkaanan Quickblades do and have it reduce defense by 1 for each skull rolled on the attack.

I'm pretty sure Dances With Wolves wouldn't make it through the SoV. Giving figures additional races/classes/personalities has never really flown in those quarters. Replacement is the only thing that's happened in official 'Scape (Parmenio or Werewolf Lord).

Since the figure is a Ranger you could just have that be her class. Brandis is the only Ranger we have in the game, so it would be cool to have another. I also think Ullar would be a better fit, since he is the one who summons Elves in general. (Plus he could use more VC support.)

I think Nieriel on the whole is a cool custom and something I would play on my own. If you're gunning for SoV with her, though, I'll reiterate that she'll be a tough one to get through as a single, medium, fantasy-themed unit. There's still a lot of fatigue in SoV and C3V for such figures so they're going to get an especially hard time. You'd likely have to differentiate her a good amount from "standard" fantasy tropes.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old September 9th, 2019, 08:58 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

There's really not much difference between Follow Through and Double Attack. For simplicity sake and familiarity, I suggest just using Double Attack as the power here. Odds are pretty good with 3 dice (4 from height) that she'll rarely blank. That and it will help save space on the card since Quick Switch will take a bunch of space.

Quick Switch
I really like the idea behind this ability...but it needs to be put into Heroscape "lingo". Mechanically I understand what you're trying to accomplish, but it just needs some wording help...

Quote:
QUICK SWITCH
If Nieriel is attacked with a normal attack while engaged and at least 1 skull is rolled, before rolling defense dice, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, choose an opponent's small or medium figure adjacent to Nieriel who is not attacking and switch it with Nieriel. That figure is now the target of the attack and must roll defense dice. Figures moved Quick Switch never take any leaving engagement attacks.
That's not perfect, but it's a lot cleaner and covers some of the important conditions and clauses you need to clarify the power. I added the at least 1 skull part because otherwise it doesn't make thematic sense imo.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 9th, 2019, 11:46 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I'm just not sure I understand Needle. How does it fit into the design? Is there a specific mini that indicates such a special attack? Personally I think the design is sufficient without it. She's already pretty offensively minded in each of her specials, and 3 offensive powers just feels a bit much. Personally I like the design in it's simplicity if it had Quick Switch with just one of the other abilities (either double attack or the special attack).

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 17th, 2019, 01:54 PM

I like that.
Range 4? What kind of weapon is he carrying?
Old September 17th, 2019, 03:14 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Re-implementing Needle for another Pathfinder figure.

For Pathfinder Battles’ Orc Rampager:

XORAKK

General Utgar

Unique Hero
Species Orc
Class Warrior
Personality Ferocious

Medium 6

Life 5
Move 5
Range 4
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points 130

PUNCH KNIFE
Range 1, Attack 3
Defending figures roll one less defense die for each skull rolled with Punch Knife Special Attack.

BATTLE FRENZY
After attacking with Xorakk, roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 16 or higher you may attack again with Xorakk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I like that.
Range 4? What kind of weapon is he carrying?

Short throwing spears (3 in a quiver on his back).

Seems like he should be an Orc Champion, but he’s already 130 points[?] I’m guessing. What would making him a Champion cost?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards