Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 14th, 2018, 05:47 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Astro's Custom Units [Update 11/14/18: Steel Ultimatus]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
What about Bound? It is effectively Leap with an extra move. And then there's customs with similar abilities that allow you to ignore terrain elevations. And my Vulcanmech Striker that I'm intending to submit to the SoV eventually with a Jump ability that works similarly. What if it was instead worded like this?
Quote:
GRAVITY FIELD
All opponents' figures within 3 clear sight spaces of Steel Ultimatus, cannot use any special power that would allow them to ignore terrain elevations, pass over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, or pass over obstacles such as ruins.
This would have the same effect, but it wouldn't force future designers to call their powers Flying, Leaping, or Bound. It would just target any ability that had those attributes.
I somehow always forget about Kursus. Thematically, I think that the power should block a great many more powers than it can (such as Pounce or Sonic Fists), but I hadn't found a good way to do it. Back when I first posted him, I kind of just resigned to the fact that it would only affect Flying and Leap powers specifically, although I didn't realize that Kursus has such a similar power that still falls outside that umbrella. The intent was certainly not to force future designers to take Steel Ultimatus into account when designing such abilities. If the problem can't be addressed, I'll revert him back into a mini-portable Glyph of Rannveig that only stops flying.

I am really curious about your proposed wording, though. We normally see powers called out by name rather than function in HeroScape. @Scytale , do you feel like that type of power might work?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards