Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 7th, 2022, 06:17 PM

KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker
Re: OHS Season 47 - Bring 2: Dungeon Run - Round 2 Until 5/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightOfLight View Post
Vegie dad and I just finished this morning. I had constructs, he had dwarves.

I led Kaemon into the north side of the map while Vegie dad brought over Darrak towards the north treasure glyph and moved dwarves from both halves of the start zone in an attempt to pincer attack my constructs. Kaemon landed a nice 2 wounds on darrak with a normal attack, and Darrak grabbed the ring of protection. Kaemon killed Darrak with quick release leaving the Ring of protection where it was originally.

Throughout the first round, dwarves had mobilized towards the south so for round 2 I planned a turn 1 Kaemon and then turn 2 Talingul in order to respond to the approaching dwarves. Vegie dad won initiative and had Mogrimm grab the Brooch of shielding, then continued slow rolling dwarves. My turn 2 I made a bit of a mistake here, I used Boreos to reposition Talingul in order to block/attack with the Iron Golem, however, I did not realize he would be on low ground with a dwarf. Boreos killed a dwarf with a 4/4 but Iron Golem failed a 6v5 with 1/6. Vegie dad then dealt 1 wound to the golem with his dwarves. Turn 3 I re-positioned Kaemon to block one entrance to my start zone and killed a dwarf.

Next round, Vegie dad wins via combat leader, 14-14 and killed Iron Golem with the dwarves. Next I kill quick release Mogrimm and deal 3 wounds and Vegie dad deals 1 wound each to Boeros and Talingul. (Some point that round Kaemon grabbed the ring of protection, but I can not remember quite when that was.)

Next round we tie with a 9-6 due to combat leader and Vegie dad wins the tie breaker. He takes height on Kaemon with Mogrimm and deals a wound. At this point, Kaemon is surrounded with 3 dwarves on low ground and Mogrimm with height, so I use Boreos to grab Kaemon and vortex him up to be adjacent to Mogrimm. Boreos also picks up a very lucky 1/5 kill on a dwarf. From here it was a lot of positioning, I continued to use Boreos to pick off dwarves one at a time while Vegie dad slowly chipped away at both Talingul and Boreos. By rounds end, Boreos and Talingul both had 2 lives left, while Kaemon had 3, and Vegie dad had 5 dwarves, 1 tarn and 4/6 Mogrimm.

Boreos is in danger of taking 3 attacks this turn so I choose to take a big risk, I place OM 1 on Boreos and hope to win initiative. After losing 3 initiative in a row I roll a 20 and take the first move, I grab Talingul with Boreos and fly onto the 2 4 height lava on the top right side of the map and pick up another lucky 1/5 kill on a dwarf. Vegie dad moves in to attack Boreos and gets 1 wound on Talingul with a dwarf as well as a second wound on Kameon. My next turn Kaemon kills a dwarf. Turn 2 Vegie dad finally takes out Boreos with an attack from Mogrimm. My turn 3 I have Kaemon kill another dwarf. Vegie dad elects to take out Talingul and put Mogrimm on lava next to Talingul, Talingul blocks the attack but dies to the dwarf. Both Mogrimm and the dwarf survive lava damage and we move onto the next round.

It is a 2/4 Kaemon v 2 dwarves, a 4/6 Mogrimm and 1 tarn. Vegie dad wins initiative and engages Kaemon with a dwarf, he whiffs his attack and Kaemon does his 1 and only counter strike wound of the game. I respond by retreating to height with Kameon and taking out the last dwarf with quick release, that takes out his turn 2 so I take a long range attack of 4v2 on Mogrimm dealing 1 more wound. Mogrimm moves to the center and Kaemon charges in to finish Mogrimm with a quick release. The Tarn tried to berserk his way to victory, but Kaemon was to strong and won the game with one more special attack.

GG Vegie dad that was a crazy game!
This write-up was really fun to read (great mix of narrative and facts!), but let me suggest some paragraph breaks (I threw in some examples above; breaks between rounds is a pretty clean and simple way to organize it). It'll just make your reports much more readable.

Sounds like a fun game! I feel for Vegie's dad; Kaemon can be brutal for melee in the end game.
That’s a good idea! I will do that from now on! Thanks! I appreciate that, definitely worth a few extra seconds of formatting in order to make it more enjoyable to read!

Yeah, kaemon is usually pretty game changing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events