Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Old May 6th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
The Scroll of Mountain Pass

COMPETITIVE MAP
By Yodaking

Download, Online Game Link
Required sets:BftU, TT, RttFF

Map Bio -
Few year round paths exist through the mountains with most spring time passes becoming obstructed by heavy snow and ice in the winter. Those few passes that do remain open year round are heavily traveled by merchants in the times of peace, and heavily contested by armies in the time of war

Reviews-
•Tiranx

TREX
There are only 2 concerns on the whole map gathered from both games. I felt a tad hard to uproot figures from the glyphs on the sides. with the rock out crop there, there was only one space on each side to shoot the glyph holder with height. The other was how many spaces it took to reach the top middle. When you wanted to try for the road bonus with a 5 move figure, you have to settle for 4 spaces on turn 1 to get the bonus on turn 2. The balance concern is for a 6+ move or flying figure can take a height on turn 1 where figures that walk with a 5 or less have to wait til turn two. These two small gripes can be worked around and still the map was pretty balanced, and was a load of fun. So at the moment This map was still top notch and I feel it is tournament worthy. All the map can and could be played on. Altogether great job on this one and it did capture the theme of a mountain pass.

Sir Heroscape
I really like this map. I really does feel like a mountain pass and looks great. After playing it, I felt it was very well balanced and provides enough cover for melee, but maybe not enough height for ranged. There are really only 2 levels for this map, and that's a little concerning...because it inevitably gives melee the advantage as soon as they make their way to the middle ground. I would have liked to see a couple 2-hexers or 1-hexers in the middle to give a little more variation and add more to the rocky feeling...but even so, the map still played well. The glyphs on the edge were only a concern b/c there is no direct way to attack from height with melee, and even ranged figures will have a hard time getting LOS from a heighted position (depending on the figure holding the glyph). Some armies will be able to hold the glyphs much more effectively because of this, so that is a bit of a concern...but not immense. I do like how the glyphs are placed a solid 2 turns away from figures and that allows either side ample opportunity to counter and glyphs blitzes. All-in-all it's a competitive, tournament worthy map.

•Biggabullfrog

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; August 21st, 2019 at 11:33 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 12:43 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Scroll of Mountain Pass

What's the snow and ice rules for this map?

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old August 2nd, 2021, 10:29 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Scroll of Mountain Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
What's the snow and ice rules for this map?
Normal for both.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla