Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old February 2nd, 2015, 10:45 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Baron Zemo

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Also, wasn't he pretty good with firearms? I'll have to look him up….
Like a lot of characters with no powers, Baron Zemo occasionally uses guns, but the mini doesn't have a gun and Adhesive X already supplies him with a ranged attack option, so I was fine with emphasizing his swordplay over his gunplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
"Lunchbox" version of the Baron, I love it. Who cares which identity is under the mask, I want to play with the super powered dude not his secret identity.

Good for you, brother.
Thanks, Mr. Helm.

I don't have an ironclad policy one way or the other when it comes to "lunchbox" characters - I handle it whichever way feels appropriate for the situation. When multiple people have used the identity, but are indistinguishable in terms of powers or skills, I just make a single card, like my Flash design. When I feel the versions are different enough to play differently, I make distinct cards, like my Robins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Really like the how those two abilities combo, nice work!
Thanks! Have you gotten a chance to try out Cyclops or Deathstroke yet?
Old March 24th, 2015, 10:26 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Construction site

So I spent my lunch break the other day shopping for a birthday present at Toys R Us when I spotted this in the clearance section:

At $3, it didn't take me long to decide to pick it up and see if it would be useful as Heroscape terrain. The good news is it seems to work just fine:

The set comes with a lot more of the red beams than I used in the above picture. It also comes with a base not shown above - I decided I wouldn't use the square base for my games, but that also means I have to build upside down, since the vertical columns have posts on their bottoms that are designed to fit into the base. It only comes with four of the floor pieces, which are all shown above. I might pick up a second set just to get more floor pieces, especially at just $3 a box.
Old March 24th, 2015, 11:05 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Nice find...I may have to stop by on my way home tomorrow...

Over 160 pieces...contains 161 so technically it's correct.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 25th, 2015, 02:36 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

That's an awesome find.
Old March 25th, 2015, 07:48 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

That does look pretty awesome. The flooring needs work though. Regardless, looks like Toys R Us for lunch today!
Old March 25th, 2015, 08:39 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

This appears to be a redo of the old 1960's Girder and Panel Building Sets. I had the red ones like yours as a kid, when cousin Jim and I first started our toy soldier battles together. Although I got rid of these, I got a blue piece redo that I still own around the 1980s in a discount store, which I've used in my 54mm battles, especially Stalingrad (which I did twice)! I have photos of these being "partly destroyed," which is part of the fun of them. Never thought about it for Heroscape--great idea!

Interestingly enough, when you come over, if you look at the real life skeleton 'girder and panel' building going up diagonally across the street from me, it looks exactly like them, down to the small pieces used to build up the verticals and hold the panels on with more pegs! After all this time, they still use the same thing for putting up buildings--amazing!
Old March 25th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You are absolutely correct chas, thay must have obtained the rights to the old Girder sets.
I bought a vintage one awhile back for $20.
I have to see if the upside-down trick will work for me. I was contemplating drilling holes into my map/tiles for support. I have created some custom 'inserts' for the floors to mark the hexes.
Did that set come with 'panels'? Mine has windows, doors, ect. that attach to the sides. However I prefer the more open 'under construction' look.
I have to go look for that. I was planning on just making more with a 3D printer but getting a set on the cheap sounds great.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 25th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I got the bridge set back in September:

The pieces assemble kind of like Lincoln Logs and you can make a lot of cool stuff from them:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/33894599@N05/15241428655/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/33894599@N05/15054862517/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/33894599@N05/15218415946/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/33894599@N05/15054858717/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/33894599@N05/15054857907/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 25th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Is that foamcore board for the bases quozl?
My friend just suggested doing that.
Doh, I see now, they come with the set.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; March 25th, 2015 at 02:33 PM.
Old March 25th, 2015, 02:17 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Nope, plastic bases that came with the bridge set. Foamcore would work great though. You could make better floors that way too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 26th, 2015, 11:34 PM

That bridge set looks great, quozl. Too bad that wasn't anywhere to be found at my Toys R Us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Over 160 pieces...contains 161 so technically it's correct.
I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out, but that's hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
That's an awesome find.
Why so sad? Want to see if I can pick one up for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I have to see if the upside-down trick will work for me. I was contemplating drilling holes into my map/tiles for support. I have created some custom 'inserts' for the floors to mark the hexes.

Did that set come with 'panels'? Mine has windows, doors, ect. that attach to the sides. However I prefer the more open 'under construction' look.
I may change my mind on the whole upside down thing; it stands just as well right side up, even without using the base. The set I bought doesn't come with any wall panels, but that's okay since I also prefer the "under construction" look.
Old March 28th, 2015, 02:55 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Sad because we don't have them here. I would love some but at a guess shipping is probably going to be too great.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations