Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 7th, 2017, 10:10 PM

antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker
Re: Utah monthly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by antmarchingroves View Post
Awesome! We are both excited to join the tourney and your group. My cousin just created an account on heroscapers under the name Flash_19.

Just to confirm the rules for the tourney:
- 450 point armies
- 18 figure limit
- No SoV & C3V figures allowed
- No Marvel figures allowed
- Glyphs being used: Healer, D20, Unique Attack, Wound, Move and
Initiative
- Four 55 minutes rounds with no time limit on last round
- Rounds 1 and 3 are "reverse the whip where you swap armies with your
opponent

Any other rules we need be aware of?

@The Dewk - - - my cousin may need some units for his army build. I will let him know he can post here if so.

This is so awesome. We've both been looking for more people to play Heroscape with. Thanks for letting us join!
Not really any extra rules besides those! Oh, if you go past 55 minutes, you'll finish the round (expend all unrevealed Order Markers), and then determine a winner based on how many points were killed (squads are partial points - kill 1 deathreaver out of 4, you get 10 points).

I'll add both you and your cousin to the attendees list right now. Again, glad you found us!

So I had a question about how the Glyphs will work in the tourney. Will all of them be placed symbol side up, or will some like Healer and Wannok be placed power side up to start the game?
Old July 7th, 2017, 10:44 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
So I had a question about how the Glyphs will work in the tourney. Will all of them be placed symbol side up, or will some like Healer and Wannok be placed power side up to start the game?
That's a good question that we should figure out for this format. Usually we play with them symbol side up, but it's illegal for the Healer glyph to start the game symbol side up since squad figures can't stand on it. I believe that the practice for Power Glyphs at Gencon goes like this:

1. Glyphs are shuffled and placed on maps symbol-side up
2. Armies are placed in start zones
3. Glyphs are flipped from symbol side up to power-side up
4. Order Markers are placed and the game begins
(Treasure Glyphs remain face down, or just aren't used)

This is actually my preferred method when playing anyway (minus not using Treasure Glyphs), so personally I think that's the method we should play for this tourney at least. But that's just my two cents. @The Dewk is the tourney director, so it's up to him ultimately.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 8th, 2017, 11:33 AM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

My man @BiggaBullfrog is 100% correct. We are going to be doing it exactly how it is done at Gen-Con, so @Sir Heroscape and co. will get just the practice they need! Good question though, @antmarchingroves
Old July 8th, 2017, 11:42 AM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Just wanted to mention that with us being three weeks away from July's event, we've already got some nutso prize support lined up, including, but not limited to:

Sealed Drones & Minions!
Original Heroscape artwork!
Thaelenk Tundra!
Ticalla Jungle!
Hard to find SoV/C3V units!

Who knows what else will pop up on that prize table?
Old July 8th, 2017, 10:05 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

It's been too long! Time for:

Bigga’s Battle Report

Triple header today! I’ve got two monthlies and the tournament at Idaho to account for, so instead of my usual single long report I’m going to be doing three short reports this time around. Here we go!

Utah May Monthly

We’ve been watching a show called My Hero Academia a ton lately, and it really got me in the superhero mood, so I figured I would take advantage of our allowing Marvel figures this time around.

BiggaBullfrog’s Army
Iron Man 240
Kursus 55
Goblin Cutters x4 200
495 Points/18 Spaces

Game 1
Spoiler Alert!

Game 2
Spoiler Alert!

Game 3
Spoiler Alert!

Game 4
Spoiler Alert!

Idaho Tournament - Uncharted Wellsprings

There’s an army that I’ve really been wanting to play for a while, and it just so happened to fit really well at 600 points for this format, so I decided upon it pretty quickly.

BiggaBullfrog’s Army
Ornak 100
Nerak 50
Fen Hydra x2 240
Heavy Gruts x3 210
600 Points/16 Figures

Game 1
Spoiler Alert!

Game 2
Spoiler Alert!

Game 3
Spoiler Alert!

Game 4
Spoiler Alert!

Game 5
Spoiler Alert!

Utah June Monthly

With the format of unlimited start zone spaces, I had the choice of either bringing a horde army, or a horde-killing army. I quickly decided to do the horde-killing army (as did True - he brought a fun army of DW8K and 9K, Kursus, and Deathreavers). And I couldn’t resist venturing to my homeland of Japan again. (Special note: I’m not Japanese. Except in my mannerisms. But no it’s not my homeland.)

BiggaBullfrog’s Army
Kantono Daishi 120
Moriko 110
Shiori 60
Otonashi 10
Major Q10
450 Points/5 Figures

Not a super strong army, even for a horde-killing one, although multi-attacking specials are always good. It just has potential. Q10 makes them a little better and ninjas are just fun, which is all I was looking for.

Also, why Otonashi over Isamu? Well, first off I didn’t want Isamu just cause. But also I like throwing in Otonashi into a ninja build as a glyph-grabber; with 10 move she can grab a glyph in one turn on most maps, and with ninjas you usually don’t have any other hope to hold a glyph.

Game 1
Spoiler Alert!

Game 2
Spoiler Alert!

Game 3
Spoiler Alert!

Game 4
Spoiler Alert!

Thanks everyone for keeping these tournaments consistent! It's a great time for 'Scaping in our Utah/Idaho scene! I'm super looking forward to our next one!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; April 5th, 2019 at 02:29 AM.
Old July 9th, 2017, 02:26 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Good report Bigga. I'll admit it was a little frustrating to be spanked by those lower tier ninjas, but you also played them masterfully!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 12th, 2017, 06:04 PM

antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
That's a good question that we should figure out for this format. Usually we play with them symbol side up, but it's illegal for the Healer glyph to start the game symbol side up since squad figures can't stand on it. I believe that the practice for Power Glyphs at Gencon goes like this:

1. Glyphs are shuffled and placed on maps symbol-side up
2. Armies are placed in start zones
3. Glyphs are flipped from symbol side up to power-side up
4. Order Markers are placed and the game begins
(Treasure Glyphs remain face down, or just aren't used)

This is actually my preferred method when playing anyway (minus not using Treasure Glyphs), so personally I think that's the method we should play for this tourney at least. But that's just my two cents. @The Dewk is the tourney director, so it's up to him ultimately.
That makes sense. Thank you for the additional clarification on how the glyphs will work.
Old July 12th, 2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Just wanted to mention that with us being three weeks away from July's event, we've already got some nutso prize support lined up, including, but not limited to:

Sealed Drones & Minions!
Thaelenk Tundra!
Ticalla Jungle!

Holy cow!!! That is an impressive prize line up. With this being my first tourney . . . I don't really know how the prizes work. Does first place winner get first pick of the prizes being offered, followed by the second place winner? Then so on and so forth . . .

You also mentioned welcoming prize donations. I'd like to bring something to show my appreciation for the warm welcome. Are homemade custom Heroscape prize donations accepted?
Old July 12th, 2017, 08:46 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

Sealed Drones & Minions!
Thaelenk Tundra!
Ticalla Jungle!

Holy cow!!! That is an impressive prize line up. With this being my first tourney . . . I don't really know how the prizes work. Does first place winner get first pick of the prizes being offered, followed by the second place winner? Then so on and so forth . . .

You also mentioned welcoming prize donations. I'd like to bring something to show my appreciation for the warm welcome. Are homemade custom Heroscape prize donations accepted?
Yes and yes

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old July 16th, 2017, 01:38 PM

All right, all right, all right! A little less than 2 weeks until our next throw-down! I've already heard from @Leaf_It , @BiggaBullfrog , @DewNoHarm , @Scaperedude , @Sir Heroscape (any word from your fellow Idahoans like @TREX or @Tiranx ?), and new faces @antmarchingroves & @Flash_19 , so where are the rest of you at??

@wjscaper - haven't seen you and your son since January! Come throw down!
@DaDude - ever the impressive army builder, it's been a few months since I've seen your face!
@Starling_ - stomping on people with innovative army builds, where you at? @BryanBlaze - it was good to see you last month, grab your buddy David and let's battle!
@relish - Haven't seen you since the Jingle Bell Bash (where you took first)! Not retiring while you're on top, are you?
@ortimus - Wanted to play against you ever since you brought that sweet undead theme army in January...
@DeathStryker - Your army builds are always awesomely outside the box, this format will be perfect! And grab your man Zach too, he's a cool cat.
@Sir Torin Brokenshield! - I'm sorry I ruined your near-clean sweep last month... come stomp on me this month!
@Aethiar - you brought us amazing free columns for the prize table once, never to return..! We want to see what you can bring to the battlefield now!

@TIM0THY @kmgenius @lotr_fan2 @The B.I.V. @UtahScott and you guys I have yet to meet! You've retained an air of mystery long enough, it's time to come out of the shadows...

This is going to be a good month (but what am I saying, it's always a good time), with a good format (I've never done any kind of Reverse the Whip, actually haha), with good prizes (seriously, the goodies are GOOD), and a good group of 'scapers.
Old July 16th, 2017, 03:51 PM

No other idahoans but me this time...though I know @TREX was thinking of coming down for one of your monthlies sometime. Also, my brother @El Donas will be living with us come September, so he'll be coming down with me for the monthlies as well.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old July 16th, 2017, 05:43 PM

BryanBlaze Woo who?
Cool Re: Utah monthly

Quote:
All right, all right, all right! A little less than 2 weeks until our next throw-down! I've already heard from

BryanBlaze[/MENTION] - it was good to see you last month, grab your buddy David and let's battle!
Hey Dewk! Thanks for reminding all of us, that takes a lot of time to tag, and write a special message haha! I am in a study for the next 6 weekends, and I will be getting out I think on Saturday mornings around 8 or 9ish I believe, but possibly later than that.. So if it's on July 29th, at 11 AM I should be able to make it.

- Bryan Blaze

---> Check out my viral fire performance videos on YouTube!
The Human Dragon - 176k+ VIEWS
Helium Fire 8k Resolution - 256K+ VIEWS

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events