Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old December 8th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Online HS Seasons 5 & 9 Champion

Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Online Heroscape - End of Year Championship 2013 - ROUND

I don't think theres much strategy involved... Slow roll or not is NOT the key here. Key is about the splitting of the 21 dividers. If they divide, I win, If they dont, I lose. Sometimes you pros think too much when it really is about luck hah! I prob made history that game since I had 21 dividers and not a single time split the entire game! More importantly, they are rarely drafted in official tournaments anywhere worldwide, especially not in such a huge amount. So it is safe to say history was made! Haha!

Edit: Oh yes, I even drafted 160 points to boost the split chance by +1. It still failed 21 times. A record made for sure.

Life is short, make a deep impact before you leave. The only question at the end of the day is - Was the world a better place for having had you?
Old December 9th, 2013, 12:04 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Sometimes it is luck, I was playing at our local tournament vs Cleon. He had Dividers , and divided like 7-8 times in a row in the middle of the map. I had the game won until that happened, still cake down to Quahon vs Su Bak Na.

Luck is very much alive in heroscape, just like poker.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old December 9th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer999 View Post
It still failed 21 times. A record made for sure.
I witnessed this happen:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...&postcount=157

I forget the count, but it was a lot more than 21 times. He had SBN too I think.
Old December 9th, 2013, 03:25 AM

Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker

UPDATE:
Game has been moved to Tuesday at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosencrantz View Post
Infectedsloth (using Van Nessing, Ana Karithon, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Warriors of Ashra x6, Isamu)
vs.
Rosencrantz (using Deathreavers x2, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Horned Skull Brutes x3, Racheim, Kira Jax)

is scheduled for Monday December 9th at 10am Mountain Standard Time, 11am Central Time.
Old December 9th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Online HS Seasons 5 & 9 Champion

Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby!

@Bengi: Official tournament too?
I saw the playtest words.

Life is short, make a deep impact before you leave. The only question at the end of the day is - Was the world a better place for having had you?
Old December 9th, 2013, 03:50 PM

TheLegendaryIrishSword knows what's in an order marker TheLegendaryIrishSword knows what's in an order marker

I obviously don't think skill has everything to do with Heroscape, that's why we love to play it. However, it's obvious that the people who win more often don't risk a lot when they play and make better om decisions.....things like that.

The Legendary Irish Sword
Old December 9th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
@Bengi: Official tournament too?
I saw the playtest words.
Yes, at the tournament. He played two games at my house the week before with that army and had 0 divides, then went 4 full tournament games before he finally got a divide in the last game I think. It was truly bizzarro to witness.
Old December 9th, 2013, 05:02 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

FWIW, I've seen Matthias play Dividers x7 more than once, and I played his dividers x7 in a reverse the whip. I also played Dividers x6 in a team tournament once. No zero-divide games for me, though.

Quote:
Sometimes you pros think too much when it really is about luck hah!
This is true and not true at the same time. I have seen plenty of games where, IMO, the person who played better and/or had the matchup advantage lost, and the difference in the dice luck was sufficient to explain why. That said, I see people make mistakes that cost them the game, and afterwards they talk about a key die roll that went against them. And you know what? Maybe that die roll made the difference in the game, but if you had played better, it might not have come down to that.

My game with Soundwarp last week is a good example of this. SSG1 was gracious enough to acknowledge that he won the game because of dice luck. And that's true in a small-scale sense. But after considering the way I approached that game, I came to the conclusion that I made an important strategic error, and it's likely that (with the same luck and with SSG1 making roughly the same plays) I would have won the game if I had played it differently. So I don't really think it's "right" for me to blame the loss on a couple dice rolls at the end.

Last edited by dok; December 9th, 2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old December 9th, 2013, 05:05 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Divide and Conquer

I had one of those zero divide games at a tournament but not as bad. I only had 4xDividers but these must have been faulty ones because they averaged something under two divides a game even when my opponents were playing them (it was a tournament where you rolled off and played either your army or your opponent's army). It was weird.

~Dysole, who knows the d20 just loves to hate him (or so it seems)
Old December 9th, 2013, 06:14 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Bah, nobody's had a worse game with the dividers than I had in Season 8. I may have gotten 1 divide off, but that was the only time I blocked an attack and I didn't even get to roll attack dice once in the whole game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
My game with Soundwarp last week is a good example of this. SSG1 was gracious enough to acknowledge that he won the game because of dice luck. And that's true in a small-scale sense. But after considering the way I approached that game, I came to the conclusion that I made an important strategic error, and it's likely that (with the same luck and with SSG1 making roughly the same plays) I would have won the game if I had played it differently. So I don't really think it's "right" for me to blame the loss on a couple dice rolls at the end.
Out of curiosity, what was the error if you don’t mind me asking? I thought you out played me the whole game pretty much. Certainly the end where Marcus cut right through Concan was all down to bad luck.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 9th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Bah, nobody's had a worse game with the dividers than I had in Season 8. I may have gotten 1 divide off, but that was the only time I blocked an attack and I didn't even get to roll attack dice once in the whole game.
And I was complaining about my dices last game.

It was against ranged figures I suppose Dividers are both slow and fragile so they're quite horrible against range...

Please guys stop to talk about bad luck with the Dividers I may play them next game and you makes me scared.

~ Foudzing praying the lord of the D20.

Old December 9th, 2013, 08:32 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Soundwarp and I should be playing our game at 5 PST/ 8 EST. He gave me his omnicrons and I gave him his Granite Guardian build.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events