Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 9th, 2020, 01:33 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Thank you for the thoughts. I think my edits above are what I'd like to go for. The theme is simple and effective and the power level more balanced and restrained. I loved the self-wound piece...but as you said, doubling down on that aspect of the faction seemed...meh..and the more I think about it, if he's a ravenous demon devouring his foes then it makes sense that he should gain strength. I'll whip up a card cause I like to do that and see if people have any other comments before I hit the playtesting table with the version. Though, now that I think about it...is the last line of Ravenous Frenzy necessary? That clause really only makes sense if it is using a "May attack again", but because it's a "Must, if possible" then naturally you'd stop attacking if you couldn't destroy a figure because well, you didn't meet the criteria to keep attacking.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 9th, 2020, 01:36 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

so this:

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 9th, 2020, 01:49 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I preferred the self-damaging version, fwiw.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 9th, 2020, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I preferred the self-damaging version, fwiw.
Any version in particular? There’s been quite a few.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 9th, 2020, 10:58 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

While I like the figure overall, there's a bit of a thematic disconnect for me in naming the power "Ravenous Frenzy." In VC there's already a precedent set for what "Frenzy" powers typically do, and they're all tied to taking extra turns/attacks based on a d20 roll, not destroying figures (Venoc Vipers, Manauvi, Aubrien Archers, and there may be more I'm not thinking of). Especially if you're keeping it as a Special Power I much preferred the name "Bloodthirsty." The way the power works is also reminiscent of Brunak's "Blood Hungry Special Attack," which is an extra thematic touch.
Old May 9th, 2020, 11:02 AM

Blood Frenzy on the Sahuagin Raider sets the precedent for non-extra turn Frenzy powers

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 9th, 2020, 12:01 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What if he took a wound each time he attacks and healed a wound each time he destroys a figure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 9th, 2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
What if he took a wound each time he attacks and healed a wound each time he destroys a figure?
That just seems like a weird theme to me. Why would the act of attacking cause him wounds? It makes sense to take a wound if he fails to destroy because it's like his ravenous hunger isn't sated, so he gets weaker...but taking wounds per attack just seems weird.

I also am leaning towards not working with the wound mechanic because 1) it doubles down on faction self-destruction and 2) I think it's just as thematic to have him heal himself from devouring his fallen foes.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 9th, 2020, 12:29 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It's the same theme as Overextend.

Quote:
Old May 9th, 2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
It's the same theme as Overextend.
eh, yeah...but that also has a very clear theme of going past your limits. You're suggesting that every attack he make he hurts himself...I don't see that as the same theme.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 9th, 2020, 01:19 PM

Every attack after the first, yes. It's just another way to do what you've written already.

Quote:
Old May 9th, 2020, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Every attack after the first, yes. It's just another way to do what you've written already.
So, going off the overextend idea...

Quote:
RAVENOUS OVEREXTEND
After taking a turn with Agrith-Naar, you may place 2 wound markers on Agrith-Naar and take one additional turn with him. For that additional turn he adds 1 to his Attack and must attack all figures adjacent to him. Roll each attack separately.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards