Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old March 18th, 2024, 09:31 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

Probably best we avoid any name calling. But, also, if you don't want folks to question your worldview, probably best not to invoke hot topic buzzwords like "woke" in the first place. I trust y'all to carry on in an orderly fashion.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 18th, 2024, 09:34 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
No one complains about rogue one or andor because again those movies/shows are awesome.
I know several people who complain about Rogue One and Andor.
I thought it was weird that someone made a Star Wars spinoff 33 ywars after the last movie. My only real complaint about it was that the score was noticeably not by John Williams, and the audio balance seemed off, music being too loud quite often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old March 18th, 2024, 10:11 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
No one complains about rogue one or andor because again those movies/shows are awesome.
I know several people who complain about Rogue One and Andor.
I thought it was weird that someone made a Star Wars spinoff 33 ywars after the last movie. My only real complaint about it was that the score was noticeably not by John Williams, and the audio balance seemed off, music being too loud quite often.
Damn that might the be best reason for criticism I've ever read.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old March 19th, 2024, 06:50 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

He was in his mid eighties I believe. Maybe he deserves a break.
Show must go on.
I guess we could have AI Williams do scores.
Old March 19th, 2024, 08:01 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Don’t even joke about AI music, gross. But Williams just did last year’s Indiana jones. He keeps trying to retire and keeps getting sucked back in hah.
Old March 19th, 2024, 08:10 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinderella View Post
Stop trying to mask your bigotry.
This is uncalled for. I've known chas for many years, and while he has his flaws as we all do, he's no bigot. He may be less open to some of this stuff than you likely fancy yourself, but he's 72 years old; you kind of need to grade older people on a curve. Heck, when I'm 72 I'll probably be railing against human/canine marriage rights or something along those lines.
Old March 19th, 2024, 09:03 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm going to ask that we move on from this particular line of conversation.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 19th, 2024, 11:20 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Haukeland (Healing, but different from Kelda) - Am I wrong, but this is another Can't use blind?

Quillivon (Sudden Movement) - I'm most excited about this one.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old March 19th, 2024, 11:29 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nope

Pretty sure it can be blind because you can use Haukeland as a squad figure since the wounds healed are from your army. It is a glyph I would use hesitantly since it could lead to things like a rat fully healing a 1 life Q9.

~Dysole, who's probably going to call Disengage "The Y Glyph" since she's so used to the VC version name which also starts with Y
Old March 19th, 2024, 12:22 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here's a question for the designers: Do Xenithrax Vines count as the 'X' glyph? I hope not.
So, we've filled in F, H, Q, and Y, meaning we have 24/26 letters covered. Only X and Z then remain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old March 19th, 2024, 02:25 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Per Bats' admonition, I'll try to focus on the lighter side.

A couple of us have already independently suggested that inverting Irene's spelling to Eneri would sound alien and Scapey, and it would also preserve the core of the song reference. But there are other ways to go.

One could double down on pop culture references by combining multiples together. For example, consider Pfonzzi the Ursine Schemer. This is actually tripling down, by combining Earth-based references to Happy Days, the Muppet Show, and financial scams. Also quite innovative and legally defensible, since I highly doubt anyone has ever combined Fonzie, Fozzie Bear, and Ponzi Schemes into a new alien name. Undeniably genius! Please forward all royalty checks to my accountant.

Now a downside of that approach is that it would seem to flip the poor bear back to male again. I'd rather keep her female, so another option could be Major Ursa Eneri the Good Knight Moon Tribe Paladin. Whew! that was a close one, but I've managed to keep the triple-down goal by combining references to the Big Dipper, Good Night Irene, and the beloved children's book Goodnight Moon. The only downside is that she needs to switch to Aquilla now (y'know, being Moon Tribe and all), which of course kinda separates her from her squaddies. I don't like how this tiny detail flies in the face of the logical rationality of all my other suggestions, and that's been bugging me quite a b-- oh wait! That's how Master Woo rolls already. It's perfect!

Also there's good potential to take some of the new naming innovations we're seeing here and ratchet them up a notch or two. More song references, more doubling up on classes, species, etc. and more putting those things in unit names when they don't count for gameplay. And definitely more alien creatures with Earth names that sound like a Route 66 truck-stop waitress from 1958.

One quick and easy one would be to convert the new Raelin into her sister, Sally Ride (you know, 'cause she rides a beast, right?). This one is tremendous, the best, even yuge, because it combines paying respects to another old song and the first American woman in space, now sadly deceased. But, Heroscape knows how to revive deceased characters, and I've done a poor job of incorporating the other new naming conventions, so let me fix both of those oversights. Admiral Sally Ride the Undead Kyrie Beastweaver. (Whew, I wasn't sure I was gonna be able to figure out how to also make her a pirate, but I guess I was fretting unnecessarily.)

So much more room for creativity these days! I can't believe I was such an idiot in the way I enjoyed the rich world-building of Heroscape and wanted it to be respected through appropriate design restraint and attention to detail. I was so short-sighted, and I ask for everyone's forgiveness.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old March 19th, 2024, 02:29 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Unsure if I understand the goal of that post, funny names though.

Heroscape doesnt have rich world building, it takes itself about as seriously as a saturday morning cartoon. Nothing wrong with that. But it doesnt have world building equal to even a child's book series (Harry Potter or eragon for instance). What's there to respect? We have gorillanators already lol

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News