Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old March 15th, 2024, 10:16 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

He should be Sgt. Alexander Drake the Dapper Mens.
Old March 15th, 2024, 10:24 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'm on the record as wanting to end neg rep on the site. Anonymous cyberbullying has never benefitted the site in any tangible way as far as I can tell. Looking at those little red bars every time you sign on only gets people in their feelings and creates additional angst.
DING DING DING... Happened to me on more than one occasion...

As a Admin, can't you just disable that nonsense? Perhaps it's time to go temporarily mad with mod power...? :P

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old March 15th, 2024, 10:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'm on the record as wanting to end neg rep on the site. Anonymous cyberbullying has never benefitted the site in any tangible way as far as I can tell. Looking at those little red bars every time you sign on only gets people in their feelings and creates additional angst.
DING DING DING... Happened to me on more than one occasion...

As a Admin, can't you just disable that nonsense? Perhaps it's time to go temporarily mad with mod power...? :P
I cannot. I can give it out with almost no restriction. But ultimately it's @Xorlof 's call whether we have it or not. A few of us have expressed our distaste in private, but were outvoted.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 15th, 2024, 11:15 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Recently I came across a philosophy that I really enjoy: once you own a game, it's yours and you can do with it what you will in whatever way you see fit for your own personal use. If there is a rule you hate, you can omit it; if there is a rule you think would make the game more fun, nothing can stop you from adding it to the game, because it's YOUR game.

This philosophy is, I think, a driving force behind not just C3V, but C3G, HoSS, the handful(s) of other "non-official" customs projects, about two decades (!) of fan-run tournaments across the nation, and, well... HS as a whole, really. Customization is a core element of HS. Whatever Renegade has in store for the game will never be able to change the fact that, at the end of the day, it's owned by whoever has it at the table. No company can own the excitement of winning initiative on the first round. No company can own the anticipation of rolling Frenzy just enough times to get your Venoc Vipers almost to the opponent's figures. No company can own the feeling of rolling two attack dice against 9 defense in a last effort. Win or lose, it's the players - not a company - who have owned every moment of the game.

Many great points have been brought up both from those who are excited and those who have their reservations about Renegade's current offerings. I know I'll be purchasing at least part of it at some point. Currently, I'm waiting to see what else is revealed come June to make my financial commitments towards AoA. In the meantime, and especially as I see points of criticism come up about unit design, I plan on falling back on the philosophy mentioned above: if I don't like X thing about AoA, I can omit it or change it as I see fit. More specifically, I'm anticipating on reworking the problematic unit designs (Ewashia, Bok-Bur-Na, Irene) IF they aren't polished prior to release, and IF there isn't a VC/fan-official redesign of those units later this year.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old March 15th, 2024, 11:39 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
And Wave 1 includes an Undead Kyrie Warrior...
What the crap!? I just now went to figure out what you were talking about. Hadn't even looked at Miserawhatever's card until now, but that is just plain wrong. This is literally a Kyrie for story that is NOT a Kyrie for gameplay. This has to be the worst abuse of the keywords yet. Now I know for sure that whoever is approving this stuff for release does not know what they are doing.

It's laughably bad.
Misaerx is likely one of the Revna Kyrie cards that Craig Van Ness created.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...&postcount=442
Old March 15th, 2024, 11:50 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah I think this is where adding dual traits to the game would be nice; I don't have an issue with her being undead, but I think it would be cool if she was undead/kyrie
Old March 16th, 2024, 12:09 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
Misaerx is likely one of the Revna Kyrie cards that Craig Van Ness created.
So given that Craig certainly does know what he's doing, I have to assume he had a plan for the dual species that somehow has not survived the translation to what has ended up in this preorder. Or, that somebody downstream of him made modifications that weren't completed.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old March 16th, 2024, 01:17 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I’m reserving full judgement until after I have the sets in hand. At that point I know what I have is final. Irene? Really? Please tell me that’s going to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
I'm anticipating on reworking the problematic unit designs (Ewashia, Bok-Bur-Na, Irene) IF they aren't polished prior to release, and IF there isn't a VC/fan-official redesign of those units later this year.
I supposed if things were to go incredibly south, the community could always redesign (reset) back to what we knew of AoA and then fill in the rest. We’ll have the minis, we can do with them what we want.

-insert signature here-
Old March 16th, 2024, 08:01 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Every existing adult dragon has a one-word name, but for some reason now it can't just be Xenithrax, it has to be Xenithrax the Vineweaver. Tremble in fear at the vines I weave!!!
Also, every general's marquee dragon (Mimring, Nilfheim, etc...) has two powers. Xenithrax has three. Complexity creep?

Quote:
Digging into my little database (which took a little while, sorry; I see I was partially ninja'd), I can see that the incidence of "X the Y" (and its variants "X, Y" & "Y X") has generally increased over the years, doubling under WotC and then going absolutely hog-wild in AoA. Not counting all the "X the Kyrie Warrior" heroes since they're a special case that warrants the special honorific, and looking at just unique heroes, here's the math (if I didn't miss anything):
  • Hasbro: 5 of 93 = 5% -- 3 Viking Champions, Darklord, Glacian Swog Rider
  • WotC: 2 of 20 = 10% -- Black Dragon, Elemental
  • VCs: 9 of 113 = 8% -- Smuggler, Tainted One, Pale, Hill Giant, Mouth of the Abyss, Dark, Blood Knight, Prince, Starlich
  • AoA: 8 of 14 = 57% -- Vineweaver, Bulkhead Brawler, Knight, Steward of Death, Springrunner, Welkineye, Master of Tides, Void Siren
Way to go, VC!
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Some of this just seems like a bunch of random sound and fury trying to flash around quickly and loudly enough to grab our attention. Or something. I don't know. DESTRÜCTIMÄXX THE IMPLODER, HARBINGER OF DEVASTATION!!! omgpeedmypants!
Yeah, some of this definitely has a very Todd Mcfarlane/Zack Snyder feel to it.
Old March 16th, 2024, 08:51 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

And let's be real, easier and more fun to point out what you don't like and want changed than come off as a gushing fan about what you like and are excited about.

I'm looking forward to ingesting these units into my collection, some out of excitement some out of future synergy and some out of convenience. There are many classic units I wouldn't have included or replaced given the chance to. I have 90% of the VC units and again many units are there out of convenience knowing they jell with existing units. Hell even my own collection of customs have hits and misses.

I agree there are warts here, and airing reservations is fine, but pushed to far and it can make those excited and less experienced feel shut out or silly.

That said come on Irene? How do I get my 8 year old excited to play Irene? I can sell a vampire Kyrie and space pirates or even a marro in pirate pants... But a bear named Irene?

Quote:
LIFE DRAIN SPIRIT
When Misaerx the Kyrie Warrior is destroyed, place this figure on the Army Card of a Unique Warrior Hero that follows Revna. That Hero now has Life Drain
Okay another snub general aside, that is one hell of a corner to paint yourself into.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Last edited by wriggz; March 16th, 2024 at 09:32 AM.
Old March 16th, 2024, 09:34 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

My group has been playing all of them for almost a year now. After using them exclusively in a few games to get a feel for how they play in AOA faction armies, we now allow them in most of our Classic/VC games as single or multiple AOA card presences. People don't take them all that often, but I have the Anitar/Wave 1 cards and proxies for all of them in a seperate AOA container--that has shape changed into a "Christmas Shopping Bag" for security reasons.

Different folks prefer different units of them, of course. Next month, my custom scenario allows one AOA card per army which will start off the board and may "Tag Into" the game to replace one regular card that has not been defeated! It will also include all of the new terrain types, with my own rules for Illusory Walls. For details, see my signature thread as usual.

Everything we've been doing for the past 17 years is always offered up to everyone on the NYCG4 thread, including a new custom scenario each month. There are also photos, game commentaries, and etc.
Old March 16th, 2024, 01:13 PM

Toa Matoro knows what's in an order marker Toa Matoro knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaBill
Next was Admiral EJ-1M, a Soulborg jammed into a pirate costume, complete with cape! And a bunch of lore about his feelings.
I mean, in reference to feelings, Q-10 was a merciful soulborg, and a big part of the lore was just that, his feelings. I believe, (and I may be wrong), that the idea of souldborgs is that they are robot shells imbued with souls...

Of course, anyone is entitled to their opinions, but my opinion is that ej-1m is awesome so I feel the need to stand up for him. Mostly it just seems like some of the complaints have been part of heroscape from the beginning. At the end of the day, heroscape has always been kind of... silly? So while I can understand things like some of the pirate lore being a bit goofy, I guess I just feel like a bunch of Nordic mythological creatures on another planet summoning robots and aliens and cowboys and elves is bound to be...

Good trades with: Warbeast; WarriorPreist; Just_A_Bill; Boromir96; Joecar

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News