Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 14th, 2021, 04:11 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Schism's Personal Custom Collection

Zan'nen'na Tamashii -
I love this choice for a sculpt to develop. It looks very natural and Heroscape-y on the battlefield. It also works as a Demon Emperor, though it does have very strong undead vibes. So far Demons are monstrous in appearance. Would a Demon Emperor look more like this? Perhaps.

I also like all three powers. "Blink" is something that should definitely be used for some figure, eventually. Is there a reason why this mini suggests it? I love it as a power, like I said, but this mini suggests reusing Levitate, perhaps. Maybe there's something I'm missing about the mini, because I also don't understand why the red of the hit zone is so limited.
I like the theme evoked by Smite Heal. I don't love the name of the power itself, though. "Unholy Strike," perhaps? This power is something I would associate with a powerful lich, which is (perhaps not coincidentally?) what the mini is. Which hints at perhaps retheming, to get away from Demon and into something in the world of the Undead. Perhaps use this as an opportunity to make a Lich? Up to you.

Finally, I also like Cursed Heroism. Thematically. The idea of a curse again evokes the theme of the undead: in this case, a mummy. I'd also reconsider the name. When you have the theme nailed down, assuming you go away from Demon Emperor, perhaps a name will suggest itself.

I think three new, complex powers, taken together, is a lot to bite off. I would consider simplifying. None of the three powers are written in the style of the way they would be on an official Heroscape card, but as far as I know, you are not intending to nominate these to the SoV. So as long as the reader understands what they mean, that's all that matters.

Web Golem -
This is a very strong design. Two complex powers evoking the same, clear theme. It's a formidable opponent on the battlefield because of its powers, but its low defense (notwithstanding its high life) makes it a manageable opponent. I note that, for some reason, its personality has a number on the end: "relentless6."

This is what I would like to say, but I can't: This one is suitable for the pre-SoV thread. Credit the person who submitted it for the original contest as the original creator, and add your name to it as well (assuming you made some significant change). That's what I would like to say, but I can't.

And the reason why I can't say that is because of the SoV's particular purpose: expand the canon with new designs that people can get. The problem with this design isn't the design itself. It's the mini. The mini is not readily available at any resource I could identify online. If nobody can get it, then it's dead on arrival for the purposes of the SoV (and would be inside the C3V as well, if we were considering using it).

It's a great design, and I encourage you to use it in your home games and share with whomever to use online or in person. But if the mini isn't available, I can't encourage you to submit it to the SoV. And it's possible that it is widely available, and my research was poor. Heaven knows that's happened before.

Thanks for sharing your designs with the world, I had a good time flipping through them.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards