Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old June 14th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Custom Terrain by Porkins

That Petrol tank is amazing! I love the stairs, that is a brilliant way to make it climbable! I'm looking forward to more updates, you make some seriously awesome stuff.
Old June 14th, 2012, 04:31 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

The steps on the Petro tank are exactly two levels each, with the difference between the top step and the top of the tank being slightly less than one hex. I suppose I could have shimmed the whole tank up a bit to make it just right.

I do use your half hex rules.

I decided not to base the water tower because I wanted to be able to use it out in the open on any kind of terrain like the pictures or on top of my Grishnakh buildings. Instead of basing it, I designed it to fit right onto 6 hexes. If you look closely, you can see that the legs perfectly straddle 4 hexes (except for the one leg that ended up kinda wonky) with a fifth between them. Then the drain pipe falls onto the sixth hex. The ladder I also designed to mesh with normal hexes as closely as is possible on a round object. I relied heavily on your hex sheets to do this; thanks for those!

One thing I realized too late was that when I set up the Petro tank on the hex template, I screwed up and cut on the black lines instead of the red lines. So when I put it on the battlefield, it doesn't fit quite right if there are terrain tiles stacked up next to it, because they push each other out of place. But, nevertheless, I am very happy with how it turned out.
Old June 14th, 2012, 05:17 PM

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

The idea for the steps on the Petro tank came from this thread:

Annerios' Custom Terrain
Old June 14th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
The steps on the Petro tank are exactly two levels each, with the difference between the top step and the top of the tank being slightly less than one hex. I suppose I could have shimmed the whole tank up a bit to make it just right.
I sort of thought you had it worked out.

Quote:
Cool. The edges along top of the petro tank is perfect for them.

Quote:
I decided not to base the water tower because I wanted to be able to use it out in the open on any kind of terrain like the pictures or on top of my Grishnakh buildings. Instead of basing it, I designed it to fit right onto 6 hexes. If you look closely, you can see that the legs perfectly straddle 4 hexes (except for the one leg that ended up kinda wonky) with a fifth between them. Then the drain pipe falls onto the sixth hex. The ladder I also designed to mesh with normal hexes as closely as is possible on a round object. I relied heavily on your hex sheets to do this; thanks for those!
That one leg and the pipe is what threw me. Perhaps you can force it back into place without breaking it. A better idea would be to add some sort of piping or machinery to the leg that fills the hex up a bit more. That way it would easily be read as a hex that cannot be occupied. Or just leave it alone, which is probably the best idea!

Quote:
One thing I realized too late was that when I set up the Petro tank on the hex template, I screwed up and cut on the black lines instead of the red lines. So when I put it on the battlefield, it doesn't fit quite right if there are terrain tiles stacked up next to it, because they push each other out of place. But, nevertheless, I am very happy with how it turned out.
I saw that as well in your photos. That offset does help it fit. Oh well, you'll do it next time!

Anyway, all of this is minor stuff. Let me say again that these are really cool and shows a lot of thought and creativity! I might have to try my hand at something like this someday.
Old June 14th, 2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Quote:
Cool. The edges along top of the petro tank is perfect for them.
That is by design
Old June 15th, 2012, 06:37 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Cool stuff Porkins. I had the thought for the Star Wars shield generator for ages & it keeps coming up in head but I don't have any SW figures so I quickly forget it again, but it is strange that my thoughts keep coming back to it, but hopefully now that you have done it I won't think about it again. Great job on all. Sadly my rep cannon is empty for you (you must be doing too much great work lately ).
Old June 15th, 2012, 09:28 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Awesome stuff here Porkins. Live how you mades the C3G logo as graffitti tags on the water tower and petro tank. My rep cannon for you is empty as well.
Old July 12th, 2012, 09:15 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Tremendous work Porkins both towers are amazing. And that Generator will be fun for a Hoth battle.

I must've been missing out on all those great posts beacuse my rep cannon still needs to be shot over to you. *3....2....1....Fire!!!*
Old July 15th, 2012, 09:41 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Love that Petro tank! Especially those mesh stairs in the back! I need a tutorial for this one!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 16th, 2012, 01:15 AM

I hope to get to the tutorial soon. I've got all the pictures, just need to write it up.
Old July 16th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker

Love the work, very inspiring.

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 04:59 PM

Name653 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Sweet. The Rebel Power Generator looks awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Love that Star Wars piece!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Really digging the power generator, it is very recognizable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
And that Generator will be fun for a Hoth battle.
All of the above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmcminis View Post
My rep cannon for you is empty as well.
Sadly.

Jesus Rocks!
"[HoSS] is brilliant!" ~Grungebob
High Resolution Scanned Heroscape Cards

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles