Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Old February 28th, 2018, 02:59 PM

majofa is surprisingly tart
Re: NEW CONTEST!!! - Contest Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
4 Palm Trees?
Yeah, this post confused me... I was thinking, well I have 4 but that other guy has 6.

24 start zone hexes? Is there a 2nd set of rules I'm missing?
Old February 28th, 2018, 03:00 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The rules are here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 28th, 2018, 03:02 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by majofa View Post
Quote:
4 Palm Trees?
Yeah, this post confused me... I was thinking, well I have 4 but that other guy has 6.

Yeah, he's using two jungle expansions for that.

Hmm... looks like there's not a link to the rules in the OP. Sorry about that, you can find them in the first two posts in this thread. You'll find all the nitty-gritties there. Sorry for the confusion!

@Sir Heroscape , think you can throw a link to the rules in the OP for future reference?

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; February 28th, 2018 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Ah! quozil-ninja'ed!
Old February 28th, 2018, 03:05 PM

Oh, duh!

I missed the 2nd post in that thread. Well, that would have cleared up a lot of confusion.
Old February 28th, 2018, 05:01 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

@majofa It also appears you used 2 large ruins in your submission. Can't really tell from the picture but looks like 2 large to me. Very minor error but an error nonetheless.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old February 28th, 2018, 05:29 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
4 Palm Trees?

I wasn't counting the sets (I'll leave that up to the judges), just seeing 4 palm trees looked odd to me since one TJ set comes with 3 (and 6 jungle plants), so if you are going to use 2 TJ sets then may as well use all 6 palm trees (and all 12 jungle plants).

These maps are used for tournaments where the they set up 10+ maps all at once (and thus available terrain can be stretched thin), so using one TJ set for just 1 palm tree isn't a very efficient use of terrain. You would have to plan on building another map with only 2 Palm trees to account for it, which is possible but it's just easier to limit the sets being used and then making the most of those sets. Don't feel like you have to use every tile in each set (although I am guilty of falling into this mindset), just be sure to use a decent amount of the tiles each set provides.
Old February 28th, 2018, 05:53 PM

I think at this point there's no reason to point out things I have too many of...

There's a little bit of most of the sets in there, so I'll have to tear it apart and reconstruct it. We'll see how this goes.
Old February 28th, 2018, 06:50 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I think at this point there's no reason to point out things I have too many of...

There's a little bit of most of the sets in there, so I'll have to tear it apart and reconstruct it. We'll see how this goes.
We mean no harm. In fact, I’m actually really excited to see your submissions! Welcome to the site, and we’ll do all we can to help you feel at home in the community. I should have provided a link for the contest rules, so I apologize, but I do believe you can still achieve your map build even with the terrain constraints. If you use SotM Master set, the Castle set and the Ticalla jungle set as your terrain I think you can still accomplish this build, it’s just you’ll probably have to adjust a few things and pay attention to your specific terrain count. But fear not, the contest still has 2 weeks left so there’s no rush. Take your time working it to make sure it’s the best you can make it and feel free to come to us for feedback and help if you need it (just make sure to post for feedback in your personal map thread rather than here if you just want feedback before you submit it again). Again, welcome!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 28th, 2018, 06:59 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:

We mean no harm. In fact, I’m actually really excited to see your submissions! Welcome to the site, and we’ll do all we can to help you feel at home in the community. I should have provided a link for the contest rules, so I apologize, but I do believe you can still achieve your map build even with the terrain constraints. If you use SotM Master set, the Castle set and the Ticalla jungle set as your terrain I think you can still accomplish this build, it’s just you’ll probably have to adjust a few things and pay attention to your specific terrain count. But fear not, the contest still has 2 weeks left so there’s no rush. Take your time working it to make sure it’s the best you can make it and feel free to come to us for feedback and help if you need it (just make sure to post for feedback in your personal map thread rather than here if you just want feedback before you submit it again). Again, welcome!
Yeah, I like the theme of your submission quite a bit. An elevated road fallen into the swamp is a pretty neat idea. Was thinking it would be a good way to make use of a Marvel set when playing my C3G games. Having the concrete/asphalt tiles running through the middle of a swamp would be a cool way to get 'street' bonus figures (Luke Cage, Street Thugs, etc.) and 'swamp' bonus figures (Swamp Thing, Solomon Grundy, etc.) on the same map. Those two groups don't often cross paths.
Old February 28th, 2018, 08:12 PM

In the heart of the Durgeth Swamp lies the abandoned ruins of the Einar-Wellspring Bridge....

Rumors had spread that defectors from Vydar, now settled in Kinsland, had been seen in the areas around the Durgeth Swamp. Marcus Decimus Gallus, the once great Roman Warlord, having recently fallen in popularity to the more successful Samurai, attempted to reclaim his glory. He approached Einar and proposed the plans to build a Great Road through the Durgeth Swamp, to better defend the wellspring against enemy invasions. This included building a bridge over the swamps themselves. With the road his legion of Roman troops could move swiftly to engage any enemy that threatened Einar and the much-coveted wellspring.

Work began on the road immediately. Large pillars were bored into the swamp's soil and the road built upon the pillars. Construction proceeded according to plan and was nearing the halfway point. However, during the night, loud explosions were heard all along the bridge.

When the sun finally peaked above the horizon, the devastation was seen. There was more of the destroyed bridge in the swamp than what remained on the pillars.

Several attempts were made at rebuilding the destroyed portions, but were met with the same resistance. Eventually, the bridge was abandoned with just the road leading to the Durgeth Swamp remaining.

Some speculate the long-thought extinct Durgeth themselves destroyed the bridge. Others thought it to be the Vydar defectors. To this day, the perpetrators have yet to be found...

Last edited by majofa; March 4th, 2018 at 01:22 AM.
Old March 1st, 2018, 02:15 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey all! here's my first submission into this contest, it's called:

Grounds of Ashra

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y-_...ew?usp=sharing

Here's the backstory:
Below the twisting maze of walkways in the Waylan trees of Ashra lies a bustling hub of life. Winding pathways throughout the forest grounds take those to the bases of several trees these elves of Ashra call home. While the Grounds of Ashra are not as lively as the community above, we can still find an abundance of activity here. In the center stands the Home Tree, the giant tree which Ullar's general flag was carved from by the great elf wizard, Acolarh. This tree is a powerful symbol to the elves of Feylund, and they will protect it at any cost
Old March 1st, 2018, 03:41 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Great work and well done JaesShurrig! Thanks for the submission!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla