Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:50 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker
Would you still love HS if you had to paint your own minis?

I personally am not a big fan of painting minis. I would rather spend my time playing then painting. Thats one of the reasons why I love HS so much.

However with production cost and availibility pipelines.
Would you still love HS if you had to buy unpainted minis?

I think for HS I would be willing. Hasbro and WOTC have carried the burden long enough and I would be willing to convert.

It is clear that only on line stores and FLGS will be carring the product line now and those stores allready have a ton of mini paint sitting on the shelves and that also would mean we would be buying more products(i.e. paint, primer, brushes) from the FLGS

I'm curious how many HS lovers would be willing to keep the game alive if we had to paint our own minis.

Even though I'm not a fan of painting, I can do it I just prefer not to . I would be willing to do it for the battle of all time.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:51 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Would you still love HS if you had to paint your own min

Never. If HS went the painting rout I'd stop buying.

-insert signature here-
Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:53 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Now that I've gotten into heroscape, I would say that I would be willing to paint the minis.

But, I had never been a gamer before, and the prepainted minis was one of the biggest things that got me into heroscape. (And interestingly enough, has gotten me to take a shot at painting minis, hah)
Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:57 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

The prepaints are a huge part of the draw for me as well. I doubt I would have purchased the game at all if it was not painted.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 02:21 PM

hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker

Would you still love HS if you had to paint your own minis?

I wouldn't even be aware of it existence.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 02:28 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I think I would still play as the paint jobs, (while they are nice) are not THE GAME for me. Equate it to chess...the King is the King whether it is a classic piece with a cross on his head or Optimus Prime in the Transformers set. Yes it may be nicer to look at but it does not make or break the game.

I have a set of AE and both Drakes painted in Army Man green head to toe and often play with them at home cause it looks funny.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 02:29 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation

I would not have before, but I would now. (love it and paint it)

I outright refuse to paint the hexes under any circumstances, though. That'd be a load of trash.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 02:30 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I consider myself an expert mini painter but I'm also a perfectionist and so painting minis was always very draining and time-consuming ( I used to hand-paint checkerboard pattterns on my Battlemechs in my Battletech days). I enjoy the prepainted minis for that reason. If I had to paint the minis...I dunno. I might try it out but if it became too draining, I might give up....

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old January 22nd, 2009, 02:35 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, the main thing is....they didn't do that! (theres a little captain obvious in all of us) But if they had, I never would've heard of this game. I'm a lousy painter, too.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 02:38 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
I consider myself an expert mini painter but I'm also a perfectionist and so painting minis was always very draining and time-consuming ( I used to hand-paint checkerboard pattterns on my Battlemechs in my Battletech days). I enjoy the prepainted minis for that reason. If I had to paint the minis...I dunno. I might try it out but if it became too draining, I might give up....

Brandon

On the same point though can you look at a poorly painted Heroscape figure and just be OK with it?

I would think that would drive you just as crazy.

Last edited by Onacara; January 22nd, 2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 02:39 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I'd still love it, but I'd definitely stop calling it when I'm away, holding its hand at the movies and buying it gifts for no particular reason...

Eventually we would drift apart.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 02:42 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Not so much.

Painting my own minis is what turned me off from warhammer. That and a few other things.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion