Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 17th, 2022, 01:30 AM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: AoA:Vanguard Campaign Postmortem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Why did they go through all the effort to recreate the whole setting when they could have gone back to the units that were already in development before DnD took over?
Most likely due to legal reasons, though the confirmed reasons may always remain opaque to the majority of us (for other legal reasons).

More critically: Why was so much time and focus placed on deep-diving into expanding the lore, especially if the product wasn't officially greenlit for production?

Yes, in an IP-laden entertainment market, lore is important. However, I really believe the cart was placed before the horse with this. If they wanted to expand the lore, a safer option might have been to continue closer to where the lore left off (there should be enough there to work with to satisfy the existing players, and touch on previous details to entice the curiosity of new players). Once the stage is set and the revival is officially slated for production, THEN go crazy with the lore.

Yeah, the lore focus was strange to me. The trailer they released that was narrated by Thormmun was well-produced and looked nice, but not as valuable as a well-produced gameplay/terrain trailer that displayed the contents of the set.
Personally, I'm not interested in the lore. I wouldn't have read any books/comics/ etc were they to have been released; I'm here for the game
If they want to make that content for the section of the player base who want to read lore then that's fine but it should have come later once the actual purpose of Heroscape is established.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion