Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 5th, 2016, 03:13 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Craig Van Ness Q&A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathburn View Post
Hello Craig, I must ask why did super scape not really get that much love. It does seem like a massively untapped market. Unless there where things such as opposing creative licenses that halted it's continuation, or lack of market impact at first.
When WOTC took over Heroscape, they had a plan to turn it into a D&D miniatures game. I strongly advised against this plan because I felt Marvel was much more appealing to mass market consumers than D&D. Also, I wanted to keep the Heroscape story pure. I urged WOTC to continue with the Marvel expansions as designed and to not launch D&D Heroscape. I knew they wanted to reuse sculpts. These sculpts did not exactly align with the head and hand scale of classic Heroscape. One thing I will always be is someone who pays attention to detail and quality. Ultimately, my advise was ignored.

WOTC did take my advise on hiring the correct people to design their Heroscape product. Colby Dauch, Jerry Hawthorn and Chris Dupuis made sure the design and innovation of the WOTC designed Heroscape product was excellent.
Thanks for sharing this. I feel so justified in only viewing Classic and Marvel as "real" Heroscape.
Just as long as you don't screw up the Heroscape wiki with this viewpoint XD

I jest in that matter, but I'm glad to see there's some more perception from the officials made on the concept that cleaved our community in half for so long.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion