Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old January 11th, 2016, 05:26 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Sir Heroscape's custom terrain

My Custom Terrain

I've been working on a lot of terrain for some time and here's what I've got!! let me know what you think, give feedback, and if there's interest I can give a full tutorial on the ticalla bushes and pine trees.

Custom pines
Spoiler Alert!

These make excellent substitutes for trees from the Forgotten Forest Expansion set. They are dirt cheap, $1.89 for 8 of them. for the smaller sized trees on the 1-hex tile it takes me 6 of the small pines. When I'm doing the taller ones, it takes 9 or 12. They can be found here.

Orc Bridge
Spoiler Alert!

Pieces came from an old LOTR model Urukai Ballista that I tore apart for pieces.

Fire pit
Spoiler Alert!

Wood pieces came from LOTR model Urukai Ballista...fire came from Crystal Wars

One-hex bridge
Spoiler Alert!

Made from a ladder from a lego type set called Crystal Wars

Pillar of the Undead
Spoiler Alert!

Got it at the dollar store around halloween and added rocks and moss to cover base

Ticalla bushes
Spoiler Alert!

Got these supplies from walmart for pretty cheap in their fish section. make excellent ticalla substitutes.

Barricade
Spoiler Alert!

Fencing I got from the Lego type set call Crystal wars

Stone arches
Spoiler Alert!

Pillars came from Crystal Wars

Water rocks
Spoiler Alert!

Rocks came from Crystal Wars

Catapult

Spoiler Alert!

Volcarren Wasteland
Spoiler Alert!

Volcarren Wasteland (Version 2.0)
Spoiler Alert!

Wooden Palisade
Spoiler Alert!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; January 5th, 2017 at 12:08 AM.
Old January 11th, 2016, 08:22 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: adoney's terrain

Hey, great job!

Really like the Orc Bridge and Barricade because of how detailed they are, but everything looks really good.

I tried searching for the Crystal Wars set you mentioned and I didn't come up with anything. Do you have a link you could share?
Old January 11th, 2016, 08:31 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Hey, great job!

Really like the Orc Bridge and Barricade because of how detailed they are, but everything looks really good.

I tried searching for the Crystal Wars set you mentioned and I didn't come up with anything. Do you have a link you could share?
Try Krystal Wars. It's a Megablok line.

Nice stuff here!
Old January 11th, 2016, 10:36 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Ishmel is right, it's actually Krystal Wars. I don't have a specific source b/c I got this set as a kid and now I just use pieces from the set for making heroscape terrain. This link shows the same set I have, selling on eBay, and you can see the stone pillars and the ladders, and the rocks I used for the water rocks are in the set as well. The fencing for my barricades came from a different set that can be found here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Hey, great job!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 11th, 2016, 07:15 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I like the giant Ticalla bushes!
Old January 11th, 2016, 08:01 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Most of that Krystal Wars stuff is nicely done. Those snow-covered pines look real good on a battlefield. Are you making trees to go with the bushes?

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old January 12th, 2016, 01:45 AM

Thanks! Yeah I'm planning on making trees, just gotta collect the materials. I want to try my own custom, BUT I also really love the tutorial by @Grishnakh here...and will probably just make them like the tutorial but add some more underbrush on the base of the trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Most of that Krystal Wars stuff is nicely done. Those snow-covered pines look real good on a battlefield. Are you making trees to go with the bushes?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 12th, 2016, 10:32 PM

fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker

Wow these are very well made!

"FE's Battle Reports!"
"FE's TradeList!"

Good purchases from: Ztimster, Just_a_Bill, Teasedbyeldgrim, Queen of Jandar, Tmac2200, anuctoo
Old January 20th, 2016, 03:58 AM

Hey all! Just followed the tutorial by @Grishnakh to make custom Ticalla trees. I highly recommend it! These trees make a great addition to the battlefield and he provides an easy tutorial to follow, very detailed and very cheap...cost me only $13.50 total all of which I bought at the local Michael's craft store! So this is the is the first one I've made, and I'll be making more. Let me know what you think?

Spoiler Alert!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 20th, 2016, 07:15 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

That came out looking great! I made several of them a few years back and still use them. In fact they were in a huge game I ran this past Saturday so they hold up very well. Now that you've done one and have a sense of what's involved my suggestion would be to do 4 or 5 all at once, assembly line style. I found it to be a bit easier to do it that way. How long did it take you to make the first one?
Old January 21st, 2016, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
That came out looking great! I made several of them a few years back and still use them. In fact they were in a huge game I ran this past Saturday so they hold up very well. Now that you've done one and have a sense of what's involved my suggestion would be to do 4 or 5 all at once, assembly line style. I found it to be a bit easier to do it that way. How long did it take you to make the first one?
Thank you! I was really pleased with it as well. To be honest, I was surprised at how sturdy the trunks are when you twist the wire together...so I'm glad to hear they last.

I appreciate the tip as well...b/c yes...it probably took...well...3 hours . Keep in mind I'm very meticulous and try to make sure I get things right. I think now that I have a handle on it though it'll go a lot quicker.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 21st, 2016, 10:57 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

All that stuff looks really cool. I'm pretty stoked about the link to the pine trees.(Not that I need more mini terrain) Thanks for sharing and keep it up. It looks great.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles