Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 17th, 2010, 12:46 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The HelmAverse New Custom Expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
B) Tick-Tock - Thanks as always for the kind words and the interest. I do know that these minis are a bit tougher to come by in the USA but the Master Set figures are obtainable through ebay on occasion. But to answer your question, there are proxies to consider. Without specifying exact matches, check out:
- EM4 Miniatures. They make prepainted pewter figures, unpainted plastic figures, and combinations of the two.
- AT- 43 figures sold at both Miniaturemarket.com and FRPgames.com
- Heroclix SHIELD, Hydra, or Checkmate figures
- Mage Knight even made some Atlantean army that may look enough SciFi... but that may be a stretch

But don't worry buddy, I have only a few more actual Havok figures to join the mix. There's a whole subset of Nexus Rebellion and Karn Empire supporters that will be trickling in based on figures that a much more accessible on ebay for reasonable prices. Just hang in there.
Thanks for the proxy suggestions, I'm not big on spending tons of money on figures that I can't use officially in tournaments and what not. I like the new factions you have added and I will try to use these guys and post some reports here for your viewing pleasure.
Old November 17th, 2010, 01:34 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Also, HaloClix figures should work.
Old November 17th, 2010, 02:42 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Matt Helm, I like your versions of the units so far...we have some similar ideas, though I never shared more then the Darkest Suns and the Nexus Brotherhood.
Overall this is cool stuff.
I have some new goodies on the way, and I'll be sending you a PM soon (about a week).
The stuff in this thread has me really excited. For me the personal discovery of the Havok miniatures were the revamp that my Heroscape collection needed.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old November 17th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
A) Griffin - Compatibility is a personal choice. Yes, I personally think they are compatible but I understand that many folks will only consider the official generals as truly compatible. You know me pretty well by now and you know that I like to recreate as close to official as I can, but when it comes to the official line, I don't feel skilled enough to intertwine my customs with the already established cards.

And I have to ask, is there any reason that you feel they should not be compatible?
Well I was just curious what your intentions were. I didn't know if you were creating a stand alone Heroscape game with these units or what. I think it was just the lack of general symbols that threw me off.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 01:11 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreheroscaper View Post
Matt Helm, I like your versions of the units so far...we have some similar ideas, though I never shared more then the Darkest Suns and the Nexus Brotherhood.
Overall this is cool stuff.
I have some new goodies on the way, and I'll be sending you a PM soon (about a week).
The stuff in this thread has me really excited. For me the personal discovery of the Havok miniatures were the revamp that my Heroscape collection needed.
Thanks, pal, you know I'm with you all the way on excitement Havok has brought to my Scape world. I got your PM and will read it over in the next few days... got to check the holiday budget and straighten out some work related items.

Can't wait to see some more of your Havok Customs and if they compare to any of your other stuff, then we are all in for a treat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Well I was just curious what your intentions were. I didn't know if you were creating a stand alone Heroscape game with these units or what. I think it was just the lack of general symbols that threw me off.
It is intended to be a new expansion line that can be intertwined into classic, or played separately as almost a Havok game with Scape mechanics. Some of the powers are loosely derived from the Havok battle system.

I know most custom card fans are looking for the traditional general factions so these cards may not appeal to those folks. But I'm really trying to create nice workable mechanics, maintain some SciFi theme, and show off A3n's magic in a new creative forum. Look, who are we all kidding, most of the generals have a plethora of choices already and don't need Mr. Helm dabbling in each faction family. New "mercenary" factions seemed like the way to go for me and my style.

Last edited by Matt Helm; November 23rd, 2010 at 01:16 AM.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 01:23 AM
Captain Underpants

It is a violent universe. One full of blood spilled through the generations. But even amid the chaos, the central planets with imperial stability have developed gladiator type games for entertaining the Klan leaders and warlords. Games of extreme violence used to escape the real world blood bath that encircles them all.

From these games true warriors have risen. When the championship winning Iron Wolves used their interplanetary tour to escape from the system, the Karn leaders were furious. But when key “ballers” were witnessed fighting for the Nexus Rebellion, the Karn Empire drafted the loyal and merciless members of the Black Harts and sent them on a suicide mission to collide with their rebelling rivals.

Welcome to the beginning of another expansion pack based on Stephen Baker created characters:
----------------------------------------
STALWART THE FORGE
NEXUS REBELLION

EXOBORG
UNIQUE HERO
BALLER
IMPULSIVE
LARGE 7

LIFE: 6

MOVE: 6
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 5

MALFUNCTION
Before rolling attack dice for a normal attack or a leaving engagement attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1 or 2, Stalwart the Forge cannot attack any figures this turn.

MECH DEFENSE SYSTEM
When Stalwart the Forge defends, he may reroll one defense die that did not show a shield for each wound marker he has. Mech Defense System can be used only once for each attack roll.

ENGAGEMENT CLAW
Any figure that receives a wound when leaving an engagement with Stalwart the Forge, must end its movement immediately and cannot leave the engagement.

----------------------------------
COLOSSOR THE DIM
KARN EMPIRE

CYBORG
UNIQUE HERO
BALLER
MALICIOUS
LARGE 7

LIFE: 6
MOVE: 5

ATTACK: 5

DEFENSE: 4

MALFUNCTION
Before rolling attack dice for a normal attack or a leaving engagement attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1 or 2, Colossor the Dim cannot attack any figures this turn.

CYBEROID INJECTION RAGE
When Colossor the Dim attacks with a normal attack, he may reroll one attack die that did not show a skull for each wound marker he has. Cyberoid Injection Rage can be used only once for each attack roll.

ENGAGEMENT SWAT
When rolling for a leaving engagement attack, all skulls count as one additional hit.
-------------------------------------

*** Better photos have already been sent to A3n

More customs comoing soon for the BattlBall miniatures. Learn more about the game here:
Boardgame Geek

Last edited by Matt Helm; December 1st, 2010 at 12:39 AM.
Old December 1st, 2010, 12:38 AM
Captain Underpants

I promised my Art Department (the great A3n) that I would take it slow on the squads and make it easier on him with my hero ideas (more Battleball figures soon) first. But he's a very busy man with numerous obligations and rather than have these guys collect dust on my computer, I thought I'd share them with the community. I'll put them on the bottom of the list for an actual card though, and I'll eventually toss up a few unique heroes in line in front of them. Besides, I don't have them photographed yet.
----------------------------------------
BROTHERHOOD
NEXUS REBELLION

HUMAN
COMMON SQUAD
MONKS
DISCIPLINED
MEDIUM 4

LIFE: 1
MOVE: 5
ATTACK: 2
DEFENSE: 3

PSYKE CAMOUFLAGE
If there are no revealed order markers on this card, opponents' figures must be adjacent to a Brotherhood to attack him with a normal attack.

NATA BLADE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2, 4 or 6.
Up to 3 Brotherhood you control adjacent to the same enemy figure may roll their attack dice as one combined attack. The defending figure compares height to the lowest Brotherhood to determine any height advantage.

LEAP

Instead of their normal move, any or all Brotherhood may Leap. Leap has a move of 3. When counting spaces for a Brotherhood's leaping movement, ignore elevations. A Brotherhood may leap over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. A Brotherhood may not leap more than 12 levels up or down in a single leap. If a Brotherhood is engaged when he starts to leap, he does take any leaving engagement attacks.
Old December 1st, 2010, 07:07 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The HelmAverse New Custom Expansion- Brotherhood (draft)

Yeah sorry mate, life is getting in the way at the moment & I am trying to do some tutorials for our expanded C3G Art Department. So I haven't had any time for you, but I haven't forgotten you.

Cheers
Old December 1st, 2010, 07:55 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Sweet monks. Good job.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 11:22 PM
Captain Underpants

No worries, A3n good buddy. I feel your pain and know how busy you are. Believe me, I barely get here myself lately.

Besides... good things come to those who wait. I have no problems waiting.... and you always deliver the goods.

----- Thanks again Ticondaroga, it's nice to see you still peeking over here. As promised, I'll have a few more Battleball customs added into this mix. Those figures are WAAAAYYYYY easier to come by than the Havok pieces. In fact, the game itself can be snagged off ebay for 10 - 15 bucks I think.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 11:58 PM
Tickle Pickle

What are those monks from? (It'd be nice if you were a little more clear on the figures used)
Old December 4th, 2010, 12:08 AM
Captain Underpants

Sorry about that. The monks (known as BROTHERHOOD) are Havok Skirmish official expansion pack figures. I was planning on grouping the cards on the first page by set with an explanation as to where each came from but I haven't gotten around to the ultimate polishing yet. I'll try and be more specific as I post new entries.

Right now:
1. Col Shabnek, Heingist, Darkest Suns, 47th Line, Hundred and Form Warrior all come in the Havok Skirmish Battel Game basic set. Check out ebay every once in a while and you may get lucky.
2. Brotherhood are an expansion squad for Havok and were sold separately.
3. Stalwart and Colossor are from the Battleball game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards