Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old December 2nd, 2014, 01:27 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

It *does* seem unthematic for Bugbears to kowtow to a non-Hobgoblin. It could be a balance issue as well. I'm still willing to try it out, though.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 2nd, 2014, 02:02 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Well, the game does have a long history of oddball synergies driven by thematic mechanics. That is an area where there is some flexibility. Or at least, that's what I heard Ne Gok Sa say, to his Roman Legionnaires.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 2nd, 2014, 02:05 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Well, the game does have a long history of oddball synergies driven by thematic mechanics. That is an area where there is some flexibility. Or at least, that's what I heard Ne Gok Sa say, to his Roman Legionnaires.
Or Azurite Warlord to the Roman Legionnaires...

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 02:42 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Maybe the Cutters see it more of a ralley, not a command. Like a pipsqueek pointing out an opportunity.

As for the Romans, If you were a 2nd century solider transported to another world and and an Alien on a skinless horse, armored dwarf or Giant lizard started ordering you around, you just might listen to them.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old December 2nd, 2014, 05:01 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I'd like to nominate Kalagrith, a Icarian Dragon.

Kalagrith The Bronze! A really fun dragon that follows in the footsteps of Charos with a Melee theme. The range of 2 on the special attack gives him some flexibility, however limited. The special attack gives the image of the dragon swooping in, taking a couple of attacks from the air(Though can be on the ground). A theme I think that has been missing for Dragons in Heroscape.

The Miniature is from Pathfinder's latest release Lost Coast. Augguies currently has 15 on hand for 8.99 each. This figure is currently in production and should be available for a while. Other websites have it listed for a higher price.

The Miniature itself is FANTASTIC, I have attached several screen shots for you to get a feel of the miniature. It will be on a double large base, Similar to the size of Charos's base. The paint job is great, it feels like it was made specifically for heroscape.

I have a couple of other screen shots up at my customs thread. Larger than Othkurik and Racheim, not as large as Charos.

Old December 2nd, 2014, 05:05 PM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker

Congrats to the French HS Community! Asterios is a great addition to the game!

I love the mini for the new dragon, Kalagrith. Now we need more Utgar or a Valkrill dragon!
Old December 2nd, 2014, 05:09 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I'd like to nominate Kalagrith, a Icarian Dragon.

Kalagrith The Bronze! A really fun dragon that follows in the footsteps of Charos with a Melee theme. The range of 2 on the special attack gives him some flexibility, however limited. The special attack gives the image of the dragon swooping in, taking a couple of attacks from the air(Though can be on the ground). A theme I think that has been missing for Dragons in Heroscape.

The Miniature is from Pathfinder's latest release Lost Coast. Augguies currently has 15 on hand for 8.99 each. This figure is currently in production and should be available for a while. Other websites have it listed for a higher price.

The Miniature itself is FANTASTIC, I have attached several screen shots for you to get a feel of the miniature. It will be on a double large base, Similar to the size of Charos's base. The paint job is great, it feels like it was made specifically for heroscape.

I have a couple of other screen shots up at my customs thread. Larger than Othkurik and Racheim, not as large as Charos.

Hm. Is he a little over-priced?

Why did you choose to add a new class rather than re-using an existing one? I have a hard time with a Dragon that is a "Baron."

--
--
--

--
Old December 2nd, 2014, 05:12 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I share an ability with Kalagrith when I go to BWW.

Wing Buffet Special Attack
When using Wing Buffet Special Attack, kevindola destroys any adjacent wings that he or a friendly adjacent figure controls. For each Blazin' wing destroyed in this manner place 1 indigestion marker on kevindola. If kevindola has the treasure glyph of lava resistantance you may ignore any indigestion markers that would be placed on this card from a destroyed Blazin' wing.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 05:18 PM

Most Dragons have a title of royalty(Yes I realize some are young). In defining a role for this Dragon, he is certainly not a King. Not a prince either, that suggests he is in line to take over as a King at some point. A title of honor, but one that does not suggest a very high level of Royalty. Barons are some of the lowest levels of Nobility, this is where it felt this Dragon should reside.

As for the Price, you are getting a Double attack Dragon(Special attacks) of 4, with 6 life and 4 defense. The ability to strike twice and move away while having the Greenscales move forward is a pretty potent combo. During testing, it was rather refreshing that the dragon plays better with a smaller amount of Greenscales than some other dragons do.

Better than Othkurik(depending on the situation), and Othkurik is 140, one of the driving forces in my decision to price at 150.

Old December 2nd, 2014, 05:23 PM

Hm. We have several dragons at 150 already, but that is not a strike against it if that is truly its value. What was wrong with reusing YOUNG? I looked at the Othkurik comparison pictures and he looks a little bigger, but not THAT much bigger.

How does he compare to Moltenclaw in size? If you don't want to use YOUNG, and he is closer to Moltenclaw in size, why not reuse Moltenclaw's class?

I could maybe see a "Duke" Dragon, but that also seems off.

--
--
--

--
Old December 2nd, 2014, 05:26 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I like Baron. I mean, it's sort of dumb to imagine dragons with a complex system of heredity, but we've already got Emperors and Princes. It's dumb in a good way.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 05:26 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Brute synergy seems thematically fine to me but I would like to know if it was tested. He makes the Cutter + Brutes army a good deal better, and that seems like his main attraction.

For Kalagrith, I like the idea. It's my personal opinion that all dragons work better with a smaller amount of Greenscales, but I like figures that encourage unique army builds. He does seem overpriced though. He lacks mobility and range, and isn't the supertank Charos is. Still, that is a balance issue and he seems fine for review.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs