Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 22nd, 2016, 09:34 PM

jennifer knows what's in an order marker jennifer knows what's in an order marker
Swarm of the Marro

I just got my first Heroscape set yesterday. I've played a couple Basic rules games -- will be playing advanced soon. Have been enjoying it.

Anyways, what should be my first addition to this game? Should I buy Swarm of the Marro? I can get all 24 figures and 12 cards for $40 shipped from ebay. Should I do that or spend an extra $30-40 to get the complete set (including terrain pieces).
Old October 22nd, 2016, 09:54 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Swarm of the Marro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
I just got my first Heroscape set yesterday. I've played a couple Basic rules games -- will be playing advanced soon. Have been enjoying it.

Anyways, what should be my first addition to this game? Should I buy Swarm of the Marro? I can get all 24 figures and 12 cards for $40 shipped from ebay. Should I do that or spend an extra $30-40 to get the complete set (including terrain pieces).
$40 for all the figures and their cards is NOT a good deal. Be a little more patient to find a good deal (unless money is not an issue for you) ...or go through a seller here who will get you the SotM set for a good deal. It's really up to you. But yes, SotM Master set is a great second expansion to have because you also get to see how Common Squads work, and bonding and their ability to affect the game.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 22nd, 2016, 10:40 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
$40 for all the figures and their cards is NOT a good deal. Be a little more patient to find a good deal (unless money is not an issue for you) ...or go through a seller here who will get you the SotM set for a good deal. It's really up to you. But yes, SotM Master set is a great second expansion to have because you also get to see how Common Squads work, and bonding and their ability to affect the game.
I totally agree. You are going to want that extra terrain that comes with the SotM set. And I have seen complete sets sell on this site for not much more than $40. Patience Iago, patience!

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old October 23rd, 2016, 03:43 AM

jennifer knows what's in an order marker jennifer knows what's in an order marker

Great, thank you. I have patience. I just don't know the pricing. Thanks for clarifying.
Old October 23rd, 2016, 10:21 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@jennifer , I know you are new here, and may be a bit leery about doing business on here, but most of the sellers on here are great. If you come across a user on here that is selling stuff and they have high rep, chances are they are a decent person that wont rip you off. I have done business on here so many times, and every transaction has gone great. You will have a much better chance of getting a great deal from a fellow scaper than that on ebay.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 23rd, 2016, 01:12 PM

I'm not leary at all. Yeah I pay attention to number of posts, join date etc. Sometimes I ask others about a person. I've bought stuff from forums before. I know you guys are a bunch of nice folk Obviously.
Old October 23rd, 2016, 02:13 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

I got Heroscape expending big money as only RotV and Wave 1 were sold in Spain. My recommendation is to give priority to terrain, find bargains for miniatures and use lots of custom cards (or placeholders).

Terrainwise, any Master Set is a great addition (makes the maps bigger). If you want versatility, go for Return to the Forgotten Forest: trees are excellent cover elements, and road makes long distances short.

Alternatively, you can use the castle tiles for roads (they're identical). In a Fortress of the Archkyrie you can find loads of roads, plus great looking walls.
Old October 23rd, 2016, 04:03 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Wow, I checked on ebay, I couldn't find a SotM complete master set for less than $80, and some of them were as high as $350. Your best bet is probably trading on here. That or watch some auctions that either no one has bid on, or that have really low bids, and try to throw some low bids out right at the end. That's how I got a $50 complete Underdark Master set. Just be aware that, that is how a lot of people do it, so you'll probably have several others bidding with you at the last second.
Old October 23rd, 2016, 08:54 PM

anto_capone is surprisingly tart

Not trying to hijack the thread, but just wondering why the underdark set costs so much more compared to the others? Less production?
Old October 24th, 2016, 08:23 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I think people are still getting into the game and wanting terrain first and foremost which is upping all master set prices. I think they released almost twice as much RotV sets as SotM and almost twice as much SotM as BftU, which is why the later master sets cost so much. Also, when the Marvel set came out, it was before all the Disney Marvel movies, and I am sad to say at the time it came out I had never heard of Iron Man or Red Skull, so all the Movies have increased that set's demand as well. As I have said before, Aquilla's Alliance and Ticalla Jungle were the least produced sets (to the point where any other terrain or large figure set had at least 2-3 times as much released, for AA possibly only 1/4 of the release size as other huge figure sets) so that is why those cost $150-$300 on eBay.
Old October 24th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Don't forget that with AotP the demand for terrain has gone up even more, because it's compatible with both games.
Old October 24th, 2016, 06:38 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Don't forget that with AotP the demand for terrain has gone up even more, because it's compatible with both games.
I don't know what the sales of the AotP products have been like, but given that the cost of the molds has already been recouped, it seems to me that -- aside from the box -- they're not risking anything by doing a run of, say, the terrain flatpack from RotV and market it with a name like "Plains of [X]" (picking an appropriate locale from the M:TG lore; certainly there's nothing in a pack of nothing but terrain that would 'dilute' the focus on the identity of the game. Even if it's not that much of a draw for the AotP community, the influx of new terrain for the Heroscape community would certainly drive sales, and if we can get them to realize there's still a market for the old products, it may be possible to get the whole line back.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion