Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 5th, 2023, 03:05 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Ulysses' Maps (Six New Maps 2023!)

Dope set of maps you've thrown in here.

Here's my Hot Takes:

Breeding Grounds - so creepy...friggin' LOVE it. Easily gunna be a staple multiplayer map.

Frost Heave - sorry, but this is a nope for me too chokey

Moor or Loes - Love the name, map looks good. Left feels a bit hard to develop out of though?

Are you Afraid of the Underdark? - Easily my favorite aesthetically looking map in a long time (just hope it also plays good). LOVE. THIS. Please more. I want to build now and try it out.

Snowmeostasis - this map makes me want to curl up in a cozy blanket. It's the "comfort food" of maps. Everything feels "in place", simple and intentional.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 6th, 2023, 09:44 AM

RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby!

Those are some fantastic looking maps! And I love a good Pink Floyd reference (at least that's what I'm guessing...)
Old March 6th, 2023, 11:48 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Breeding Grounds looks like an awesome 2v2 map! I would love to see a version of it that's reworked a little to work as a 4-way FFA map.

I also really like Sniper at the Gates of Dawn and Are You Afraid of the Underdark, though I feel uneasy about putting the latter in a tourney pool with so much high ground right outside the start zone.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 6th, 2023, 03:28 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Can’t believe I missed a hot take on “Sniper…”

I really like that map. Looks really good and would wanna tests that one out.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 7th, 2023, 01:56 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
I see that you’re giving me something to do on my vacation…
Had to pull you away from LotR LCG somehow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Dope set of maps you've thrown in here.

Here's my Hot Takes:

Breeding Grounds - so creepy...friggin' LOVE it. Easily gunna be a staple multiplayer map.

Frost Heave - sorry, but this is a nope for me too chokey

Moor or Loes - Love the name, map looks good. Left feels a bit hard to develop out of though?

Are you Afraid of the Underdark? - Easily my favorite aesthetically looking map in a long time (just hope it also plays good). LOVE. THIS. Please more. I want to build now and try it out.

Snowmeostasis - this map makes me want to curl up in a cozy blanket. It's the "comfort food" of maps. Everything feels "in place", simple and intentional.
Thanks for the feedback SH! I opened up Frost Heave's center quite a bit, I think it should help, though I may keep tinkering. I use the Hive base in the SZ for Moor or Loess and I've tried to achieve a counterbalance by giving that side faster access to height than the lvl 1 SZ side. The goal was to have turn 1 and 2 development end up fairly even out of either side, but I'll look closer. I've made a few updates to AYAotU, hope you haven't built it yet Love the way you put it for Snowmeostasis, comfort food and a cozy blanket sound pretty nice in the Tundra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDays View Post
Those are some fantastic looking maps! And I love a good Pink Floyd reference (at least that's what I'm guessing...)
Thank you so much! I'm glad the Floyd reference didn't go unnoticed. It's not as obvious as something like Dark Side of the Moon Tribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Breeding Grounds looks like an awesome 2v2 map! I would love to see a version of it that's reworked a little to work as a 4-way FFA map.

I also really like Sniper at the Gates of Dawn and Are You Afraid of the Underdark, though I feel uneasy about putting the latter in a tourney pool with so much high ground right outside the start zone.
Thanks Caps! BG would be fun as 4-way, I'll have to tinker with that. I certainly agree about Are You Afraid of the Underdark. As I tend to do, the map was originally made for a specific game night (3v3 with newer players, small armies) and since been somewhat smoothed out for more general play. I hadn't been thinking of it as a tourney map necessarily, but will try to get it dialed in better because I do love the aesthetics.

Updated maps:
Sniper at the Gates of Dawn
Are You Afraid of the Underdark
Frost Heave

I'm going to try and start putting version info and date on the last page of my PDFs to make things more clear when I do updates.

Thanks for chiming in y'all!
Old March 7th, 2023, 07:43 PM

Really liking the updates! Solid set of maps here.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 10th, 2023, 08:29 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Awesome maps!

Old April 6th, 2023, 12:23 AM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've been loving seeing Sir Heroscape, Bigga, and others rework their old maps recently and needed to get in on the action. Here's a much more balanced version of Twisted Cistern. I've also added it to my online maps folder for Google Docs play.

New:

Old:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Ulysses; January 23rd, 2024 at 03:26 AM.
Old April 6th, 2023, 12:36 PM

Much better! I like this quite a bit!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old July 26th, 2023, 08:18 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I built Sniper at the Gates of Dawn recently for a family tournament and really enjoyed it!

Is the name a play off of "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" from The Wind in the Willows (the chapter where Mole and Rat basically meet God)?
Old July 27th, 2023, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
I built Sniper at the Gates of Dawn recently for a family tournament and really enjoyed it!

Is the name a play off of "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" from The Wind in the Willows (the chapter where Mole and Rat basically meet God)?
I'm so glad it treated you well! The name is indeed a play off Piper at the Gates of Dawn, but by way of Pink Floyd's first album, which is very likely a reference to the book chapter. I had no idea! There's actually the PF album cover art in the background of the map image, but it's nearly impossible to make out Thanks for giving it a play!
Old October 18th, 2023, 08:11 PM

Re: Ulysses' Maps (New Map 12/2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
My better entry (in my opinion) from the second Scapecon map contest. Enjoy!

Broken Top Pass
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 TT, and 1 FotA (ladders and battlements only)
The download link seems to be broken

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios