Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 25th, 2019, 08:41 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: SOV/C3V Feedback Thread

@superfrog I think you and others may have misunderstood what I meant about Facebook and discord. I wasn't saying to replace the forum with them, I was saying that if someone really wants feedback and isn't getting it from this forum, why not use the other channels available? It's not an either/or scenario.

LOL and clearly people hate the idea of conference calls. We'll have to disagree on that one since I'll argue that the amount of time it takes to read others comments and write your own response every night takes much more time than just having a quick chat about it. It's not a big deal though so it's really not worth discussing.
Old September 25th, 2019, 08:42 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
This should really be its own thread.
It is its own thread.
Old September 25th, 2019, 08:46 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
@superfrog I think you and others may have misunderstood what I meant about Facebook and discord. I wasn't saying to replace the forum with them, I was saying that if someone really wants feedback and isn't getting it from this forum, why not use the other channels available? It's not an either/or scenario.

LOL and clearly people hate the idea of conference calls. We'll have to disagree on that one since I'll argue that the amount of time it takes to read others comments and write your own response every night takes much more time than just having a quick chat about it. It's not a big deal though so it's really not worth discussing.
It's more what it means, a call to people who are introverts can be annoying (working up social battery for it), you have to carve out time for it, have to take notes if something has to be remembered. Rather than a text post I can easily search using ctrl-f. I hate doing it cause of group projects I had to do for my degree and I'm gonna hate doing it for years. I abide a bit by "I survived another meeting that should have been an email" and I think many people on the C3V team feel so too.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old September 25th, 2019, 08:47 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:

It's more what it means, a call to people who are introverts can be annoying (working up social battery for it), you have to carve out time for it, have to take notes if something has to be remembered. Rather than a text post I can easily search using ctrl-f. I hate doing it cause of group projects I had to do for my degree and I'm gonna hate doing it for years. I abide a bit by "I survived another meeting that should have been an email" and I think many people on the C3V team feel so too.
Fair enough. I can understand that position.
Old September 25th, 2019, 08:53 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
This should really be its own thread.
It is its own thread.
Pardon me, I was a doddering old man trying to navigate the internet with my thumbs.

Spoiler Alert!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 25th, 2019, 08:54 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Like I said, it changes C3V from feeling like a single project to feeling like a group of individual designs.
Agree to disagree there. I don't view the C3G as a group of individual designs. SoV is very public about the designer and playtesters (the SoV members) - they aren't lesser designs because of that acknowledgement.
Old September 25th, 2019, 08:55 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Quote:
Like I said, it changes C3V from feeling like a single project to feeling like a group of individual designs.
Agree to disagree there. I don't view the C3G as a group of individual designs. SoV is very public about the designer and playtesters (the SoV members) - they aren't lesser designs because of that acknowledgement.
Right, but it is a separate project. C3V by design is a closed-doors place, and SoV by design is an open-doors place.
Old September 25th, 2019, 08:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Right, but it is a separate project. C3V by design is a closed-doors place, and SoV by design is an open-doors place.
C3G does the majority of its designing behind closed doors as well.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 25th, 2019, 09:11 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Keep in mind that they are linked by many common members and co-operation. That really links them in depth. The closed books show all the concepts and brainstorming and full testing sure but there is no design that is one person's baby no matter who is lead designer. Perhaps if we took a hint from C3G and used our open-doors place to allow workshopping similarly to their public designs section? Maybe it wouldn't work in quite the same way but it is an idea that allows for more public interaction and opportunity to be a part of C3V/SOV scape.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 25th, 2019, 10:23 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

The other factor is scheduling. It is much easier to get an entire team (of volunteers) to weigh in over the course of a few days than it is to get them all on the phone at the same time. Conference calls are also more susceptible to tangents. It might work for a different group of volunteers, but not us.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 25th, 2019, 10:29 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Quote:

The other factor is scheduling. It is much easier to get an entire team (of volunteers) to weigh in over the course of a few days than it is to get them all on the phone at the same time. Conference calls are also more susceptible to tangents. It might work for a different group of volunteers, but not us.
Kinda what I meant by carving out time for it, was scheduling.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old September 26th, 2019, 08:18 AM

I think that with Dad Scaper creating the Alternate Figures thread that's really going to help out the issue of needing to release figures the moment they are announced to the public. For those that follow the C3V thread closely, they can pick up the figures when they are announced and for those who come later, there will be official alternate figures so they can still participate. That will definitely help out tournaments and directors since they can just reference that thread for approved alternate sculps and help keep VC easy to get into no matter what time someone joins. And it will keep my wife happy since I won't be dropping hundreds of dollars every month on hard to find figures! Lol

I'm a pretty happy camper since most of my suggestions were based around accessibility to the scene and this solution inadvertently solves a lot of those issues so thank you! And thanks Dad Scaper!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs