Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old April 12th, 2022, 11:40 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Our Community only gets 5 figures

Here we go, even though I haven't been playing with VC for that long.

1) Haduc - I like the mini and what Haduc brings to the table for the elf wizards. Also, love designs with name tributes.

2) Van Nessing - Similar to the above, great name tribute to the OG CVN. I also really like the powers and theme of Van Hessing as a foil to the Esenweins and Werewolfs. Great to have "a good guy" in the horror genre.

3) Rygarn - I view him like Raelin, as he plays a utilitarian piece useful in many different builds. Honestly a little borderline for me in likability since he's so good in the Janos build plus has great survivability (in playtesting).

4) Ranjit Singh - Unique only armies are tough to play, and I love his (relatively) simple design that enables those types of builds to be competitive.

5) Bol - A great filler design that feels unique from the other two and can fit in any build. Even better with my selections of 3 and 4.

Honorable mentions: Tomoe Gozen, Lao Xin, Kuthnak, and Hrognak (mounted).
Old April 12th, 2022, 12:10 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Shrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I can think of 5 figures I'd want to mod before letting them back in and I think most people would agree with me on those changes.

~Dysole, thinking the one that most people would guess is the one that would be the most controversial
But to be fair I think the ratio of would change/wouldn't change is higher for classic than C3V. There's a whole cottage industry for classic redesign, not so much for C3V. Though your comment does make me curious.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old April 12th, 2022, 12:32 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
I can think of 5 figures I'd want to mod before letting them back in and I think most people would agree with me on those changes.

~Dysole, thinking the one that most people would guess is the one that would be the most controversial
But to be fair I think the ratio of would change/wouldn't change is higher for classic than C3V. There's a whole cottage industry for classic redesign, not so much for C3V. Though your comment does make me curious.
My changes.

Spoiler Alert!

~Dysole, who thinks the only big classic changes she'd want is combined attacks to follow the yari wording and 7K to get disengage
Old April 12th, 2022, 06:09 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:

My changes.

Spoiler Alert!

~Dysole, who thinks the only big classic changes she'd want is combined attacks to follow the yari wording and 7K to get disengage
I like all of these. I'd change the Cather in a different way, but this works well enough. Overall I think these are really conservative, which I think is usually the better way to handle long standing, well established things.

I used to think about changing a lot of the VC designs when I had just discovered the C3V/SoV. I have many ideas of how to "improve" various designs, and most of them are much more heavy handed. I did try to keep the intended idea behind each design when making my changes, but I was always serving my own ideal of what that intent was. As this thread has shown, a lot of people love the VC designs, and every design is someone's favorite, despite any flaws I might perceive it to have. If any changes were ever made, they would receive backlash from at least some, even if the majority approved. These days, I'm mostly content with things as they are. I still have things that I'd prefer to change if I could, but I can have fun with everything regardless. Being content means accepting the things that you love are not, and never can be, perfect. After all, being perfect is relative, and my idea of perfect will never completely line up with anyone else's.
Old April 13th, 2022, 10:46 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Do point changes really count though? I thought you meant design changes. I just play almost exclusively Delta... the delta army builder allows me to setup fun home games for friends who don't play and know the armies will be mostly balanced without too much thought
Old April 13th, 2022, 04:14 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Do point changes really count though? I thought you meant design changes. I just play almost exclusively Delta... the delta army builder allows me to setup fun home games for friends who don't play and know the armies will be mostly balanced without too much thought
Pricing affects Common designs quite a bit more than a Unique design. Raising the price of the Cather makes it harder to fit as many of them into an army, and that makes them less efficient. Sometimes the only thing a design needs is a price increase, because everything it does it working as intended, but it's a little too efficient at the price it currently has. The opposite can also be true, such as the Obsidian Guards, which are a fine design, but cost almost double what they should.

The goal with any design is to cost roughly the same as it will usually Impact, or destroy, in any given game. As an example Raelin isn't necessarily badly designed, but she is priced too low. She makes everything your opponent has less efficient. This under pricing is probably because it's a lot harder to figure out how good something is when it doesn't directly destroy things. It's a lot easier to see a high offensive output, and intuitively know that it should cost quite a bit.
Old April 25th, 2022, 02:49 PM
VIG & Battleship Galaxies Weasel

P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby!

Zaeus - no longer are the Gorillinators the worst characters with the best scuplts

Mok - figure and mechanics are just dripping with theme. The fact that you can shoot the dwarves who had climbed up on his back is genius

Zettian Infantry - Didn't everyone long for that day when DW9K and DW8K were restored to playable status?

Crypt Guardian - You know what you don't hear at our game table anymore: "What's a Sudema?"

Marro Gnids - My favorite faction gets an incredibly fun boost. So enjoyable to have these little buggers weigh down the enemy's heroes.
Old April 25th, 2022, 08:26 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Updated.

Favorite units by General (expected based on total units per General*):

: 6 (5)
: 10 (6)
: 5 (6)
: 3 (5)
: 9 (13)
: 9 (4)
: 7 (6)

*378 Classic + VC units (including Clayton Pierce). # General Units / 378 * 46 (number of unique votes)

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; April 28th, 2022 at 07:47 AM.
Old April 26th, 2022, 09:44 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Suppose I should play too.

B-11 - such a great unique Squad which is something I wish there was more of in Classic.
Himmelskralle - Such a simple and classic figure. Love this design so much
Dreadguls - I feel like these could have been in wave 11 of classic if it was ever released.
Durgeth Ravagers and Uzog - while I'm only saving one of their bonding partners (and I had to choose the most thematic one, not necessarily the best one), I still love this common squad. I love terrain interaction on figures and their aggressive playstyle is one of my favorites.

My 5 Back ups:
Ashi-Dhulu
Clayton Peirce
Capt. John Varan
Vulcanmech Incendiborgs
Brute Gruts

However, I can say I came close to voting for complete factions including Monks, Varks, Mariedians, Constructs, Shadows, Rouges, Wildwoods, Thralls, and Demons. I can say I love all these factions so much, likely as much as any of the single figures in the list above.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs