Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old May 27th, 2009, 09:04 PM

The Last Samurai Woo who?
Re: Lamaclown's Custom Terrain

GREAT! It looks really cool and it looks like it could be a useful base type of thing in a game. I just have a quick question: Is this the type of foam that you have to spray or do you buy it in like a sheet, etc... Basically how is it sold? Also where might you get it!

-The Last Samurai
Old May 27th, 2009, 09:10 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Samurai View Post
GREAT! It looks really cool and it looks like it could be a useful base type of thing in a game. I just have a quick question: Is this the type of foam that you have to spray or do you buy it in like a sheet, etc... Basically how is it sold? Also where might you get it!

-The Last Samurai

Its insulation/sound dampening board ...if you buy it at Home Depot it is pink and at Lowes it is blue

Last edited by Onacara; May 28th, 2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old May 28th, 2009, 04:54 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Its insulation/sound dampening board ...if you buy it at Home Depot it is pibnk and at Lowes it is blue
Does anybody have an idea of what I am looking for & where to get an equivalent product in Australia, specifically Queensland. I have already looked in Bunnings & Clark Rubber.

Cheers
Old May 28th, 2009, 08:41 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Looks great. Does each level of 'bricks' represent a level as far as climbing/height goes?

-insert signature here-
Old May 28th, 2009, 09:33 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Looks great. Does each level of 'bricks' represent a level as far as climbing/height goes?
Good observation! Yes, each level of bricks does represent a HS level.

Quote:
Originally posted by Onacara
Its insulation/sound dampening board ...if you buy it at Home Depot it is pink and at Lowes it is blue
It is the 2"x4'x8' board from Lowes. It was $29 but I have enough for a ton of projects.

Thanks again for the encouragement, all.
I also have posted some pics of my latest project.

EDIT: To Jandarforever, the conical things on the wall are miniature wooden flowerpots I found at Michaels.
Old May 28th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Its insulation/sound dampening board ...if you buy it at Home Depot it is pibnk and at Lowes it is blue
Does anybody have an idea of what I am looking for & where to get an equivalent product in Australia, specifically Queensland. I have already looked in Bunnings & Clark Rubber.

Cheers
I don't know about where to get it in Australia, but this is the product you are looking for:
Old June 6th, 2009, 09:46 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

That treasure pile is awesome! What did you use for the treasure??
Old June 6th, 2009, 09:51 PM

smoweeks Woo who?

SWEET JON!!!i can't wait to play with it!!
Old June 7th, 2009, 05:00 PM

Zaukrie has disabled reputation

How did you do the treasure? What is it made out of, and how did you paint it?
Old June 7th, 2009, 10:42 PM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!

In Australia you can get (and I have in the past) the blue insulation foam from a place called "Solid Solutions" - its in Victoria though. But they may be able to help you by listing an outlet near you that they fill orders for perhaps?

I hope that helps mate.
Ben.

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old June 7th, 2009, 11:55 PM
The Little Warforged That Could

Izner knows what's in an order marker Izner knows what's in an order marker Izner knows what's in an order marker

Wow... that's some awesome treasure! And one very victorious knight.
What is the scenario you designed for that?

Old June 9th, 2009, 10:59 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izner View Post
Wow... that's some awesome treasure! And one very victorious knight.
What is the scenario you designed for that?
Thanks!
The scenario is called Gold Rush and it goes as follows...

Goal: Be the player with the most gold at the end of the game.

How to collect gold: Each time a figure ends its turn adjacent to the gold pile you may take a Gold Piece from the “pot” and place it on that figure’s base.
Gold Pieces are marked with a 1, 2, or 3. A Gold Piece marked with a 1=100 gold pieces. A Gold Piece marked with a 2=200 gold pieces. A Gold Piece marked with a 3=300 gold pieces. For each 100 gold pieces a figure is carrying, its movement is reduced by 1. A figure may not carry more than 300 gold pieces at a time.
Once a figure with a Gold Piece on its base reaches its start zone it may unload the Gold Piece. Only Gold Pieces in a player’s start zone at the end of the game count towards the gold piece total.

Transferring and stealing gold: If a figure you control moves adjacent to another figure you control you may transfer Gold Pieces between the two figures as long as the 300 gold pieces per figure maximum is not exceeded.
If you destroy an adjacent enemy figure you may take any gold that figure was carrying as long as the 300 gold pieces per figure maximum is not exceeded.
I.E. If your figure is carrying 100 gold pieces and destroys a figure carrying 200 gold pieces you can transfer the full amount (it would be easiest to put the 1 and 2 Gold Pieces back in the “pot” and put a 3 Gold Piece on your figure’s base).
I.E. If your figure is carrying 100 gold pieces and destroys a figure carrying 300 gold pieces you cannot transfer the full amount. What you can do, once the destroyed figure is removed from the battlefield, is place your Gold Piece on the space where the destroyed figure was and replace it with the Gold Piece from the destroyed figure. Gold Pieces left behind may be picked up by the first figure to move onto the Gold Piece.
If you destroy a non-adjacent enemy, once the figure is removed from the battlefield, place its Gold Piece on the space it was removed from. The first figure to move onto that space may take the Gold Piece as long as the 300 gold pieces per figure maximum is not exceeded.
You may steal gold from another player’s start zone as well. To steal gold from another player’s start zone you must move a figure you control adjacent to a Gold Piece then place it on that figure’s base. The figure does not need to end its turn adjacent to the gold piece in order to steal it. When stealing gold a figure may only take 100 gold pieces at a time.

The guardian (optional): At the beginning of the game place one of the dragons adjacent to the gold pile. The dragon does not belong to any player. The player who wins initiative may take one turn with the dragon that round.
The player who kills the dragon takes initial possession of the Dragon Crown. The Dragon Crown can be used only by a unique hero. If the hero with the Dragon Crown on its card is destroyed it passes to the figure who destroyed the hero. If a common or squad figure takes possession of the crown it can be transferred to any adjacent unique hero controlled by the same player.
(There is a separate card for the Dragon Crown that explains its bonuses and such)

Victory: At the end of 8 rounds count to see which player has the most gold in his start zone. Even if a player does not have any figures remaining on the battlefield he can still win if he has the most gold in his start zone.

The map I designed for it accomodates 4 players, each with a 24 space starting zone. It has a centrally located mountain with the treasure pile at the top.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles