Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 26th, 2010, 12:03 AM

UtgarsWorstFear is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Plastic Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtgarsWorstFear View Post
I see. I don't like that idea myself, but whatever works.
Look at the color choices used on the official Marvel cards, and you'll see that they're not really much better.
Actually I think all of the marvel color choices (for the word "points" and the cards in general) are asthetically pleasing. I guess its just an opinion though. For example: the blue "points" on the flash's card pops out and is easy to read, but I think it is awkward and out of place at the same time. However, Iron Man's card has a similar color scheme yet the word "points" doesnt pop out and to me is easy to read.

I guess I would rather have an asthetically pleasing "points" that is hard to read vs. one that pops out but is awkward.

C3G is why I play heroscape.
Old April 26th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Look at the color choices used on the official Marvel cards, and you'll see that they're not really much better.
Actually I think all of the marvel color choices (for the word "points" and the cards in general) are asthetically pleasing. I guess its just an opinion though. For example: the blue "points" on the flash's card pops out and is easy to read, but I think it is awkward and out of place at the same time. However, Iron Man's card has a similar color scheme yet the word "points" doesnt pop out and to me is easy to read.

I guess I would rather have an asthetically pleasing "points" that is hard to read vs. one that pops out but is awkward.
I am curious, what do you like...
Old April 26th, 2010, 12:06 AM

For the flash? Red. And this guy? Black or white.

Old April 26th, 2010, 12:11 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

& what about Captain America & Spiderman? Not so easy to read?
Old April 26th, 2010, 12:15 AM

No, not easy to read. Especially Spider Man's. But thats what I'm saying. I prefer that to a weird "pop out" color. I don't view the word "points" to be all that significant and dont think its worth throwing off the color scheme. And by the looks of it neither did the marvelscape guys.

Old April 26th, 2010, 12:18 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
No, not easy to read. Especially Spider Man's. But thats what I'm saying. I prefer that to a weird "pop out" color. I don't view the word "points" to be all that significant and dont think its worth throwing off the color scheme. And by the looks of it neither did the marvelscape guys.
Enh, the Marvel Scape art team does things their way, C3G does things our way. I can live with that.
Old April 26th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
It's not a choice, it's the opposite colour of the border colour. That's how we have set the colour for that now. Technically the word is white & the layer effect is set to Difference which gives the result of an opposite colour of the border. This is the best way to ensure all future choices stand-out from the border colour regardless of the border colour.

Cheers
As a side note, have you tried it with a gray border? You get a slightly different gray word. P
I was thinking about that as I typed because grey is the exact same proportions of the 3 primary colours there isn't an opposite of it just an opposite in it's luminosity.

Cheers
It's still readable, but just barely. See my personal Absorbing Man card for an example. I can live with it, though. Everyone knows what the numbers down there represent.
Old April 26th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Sorry I haven't been around to update the first post. Mr. Helm has been a baaaaaaad boy.

Special thanks to Griff for taking care of it with his special powers.
Old April 26th, 2010, 10:02 PM

Special thank without rep is like a Birthday Party with no presents.

Your welcome.
Old December 21st, 2010, 11:08 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How come there's no bio for plastic man? I love the powers, but the character is, well, is kind of weird.

Old December 21st, 2010, 11:26 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

When Patrick "Eel" O'Brian was struck by a stray bullet and doused in a mysterious acid, a lifetime of superheroics was the last thing on his mind. A criminal since childhood, a failed heist left him abandoned by his gang, lost and alone with strange new abilities - the power stretch, mold, and reform himself from head to toe! With an amazing new body of rubber, he decided to use his powers for good; as Plastic Man, he'll take on any evil-doer... assuming there's a paycheck at the end.

Something like that, I think. Not sure if he's always a "private eye in it for the cash," or if it's just the stories I've read with him, though.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 12:05 AM

Special Eyes is on the special task of updating and formatting every Book. I am sure he will get to this as well. Thanks for your help and bio guys.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library