Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 12th, 2022, 11:05 PM

Mud Turkey 13 is surprisingly tart
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

I am super excited for HeroScape to be back. I haven't played in so long...
Old August 12th, 2022, 11:58 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Hmm, so what's that "crack" in the middle of the Bitter Sea? Is it a small rip in the map, or is it something "Pacific Rim"-ish?...
As for the "crack" in the map, it looks like just a rip in the tattered parchment, based on the similar rip just below the "Valhalla" text in the upper left.
That's pretty much what I figured. I blame @NecroBlade (TonyStark on Discord) for putting the idea in my head

I linked to the Valhalla map image and mentioned the Bitter Sea and Haukeland on Discord. He replied about the "crack" and I foolishly took him seriously at first.
Don't look at me. The designer notes are the ones that specifically (and suspiciously) mentioned the "surface" of Valhalla at least twice.
Having some place in the middle of the Bitter Sea where monsters emerge is a very cool idea. After taking a closer look at the map, I figured you might have just been kidding. Who knows. Haukeland is still a big mystery. Maybe it's like Skull Island and crawling with monsters.
Old August 13th, 2022, 12:50 AM

Gold1 knows what's in an order marker Gold1 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hmm, so what's that "crack" in the middle of the Bitter Sea? Is it a small rip in the map, or is it something "Pacific Rim"-ish?...
As for the "crack" in the map, it looks like just a rip in the tattered parchment, based on the similar rip just below the "Valhalla" text in the upper left.
That's pretty much what I figured. I blame @NecroBlade (TonyStark on Discord) for putting the idea in my head

I linked to the Valhalla map image and mentioned the Bitter Sea and Haukeland on Discord. He replied about the "crack" and I foolishly took him seriously at first.
Don't look at me. The designer notes are the ones that specifically (and suspiciously) mentioned the "surface" of Valhalla at least twice.
Having some place in the middle of the Bitter Sea where monsters emerge is a very cool idea. After taking a closer look at the map, I figured you might have just been kidding. Who knows. Haukeland is still a big mystery. Maybe it's like Skull Island and crawling with monsters.
To add on to this theory I've heard several people on the forums suggest an underwater-theme terrain set being an interesting idea. It could also explain where Hammerhead bro came from if there was some kind of Atlantean-like city beneath the Bitter Sea.

Check out my fanfics.
Ceasefire
JointStoryThread
Old August 13th, 2022, 02:40 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

(Duplicate removed)

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old August 13th, 2022, 02:40 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold1 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

To add on to this theory I've heard several people on the forums suggest an underwater-theme terrain set being an interesting idea. It could also explain where Hammerhead bro came from if there was some kind of Atlantean-like city beneath the Bitter Sea.
Perhaps a Microcorp city set? I have never played Risk Legacy, but it's my understanding that that is where the name of the Microcorp agents come from, and that it is an underwater city of some kind.

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old August 13th, 2022, 03:38 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garenex View Post

Perhaps a Microcorp city set? I have never played Risk Legacy, but it's my understanding that that is where the name of the Microcorp agents come from, and that it is an underwater city of some kind.
Actually it is Risk 2210 AD - Microcorp is in the middle of the Indian Ocean.
Old August 13th, 2022, 03:42 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

"The Lizard"

I originally thought this one might be a new Lizardfolk hero... but they show up in the concept art for the Monster Slayers Unique Squad (I only count 3 figures in that concept art... I was hoping it would be a 4-figure squad, oh well). I bet the squad will have 4 attack and 3 defense though; look at their relatively light armor and the huge weapons that each of them have (the lizard, the primadon, and the shark).

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 13th, 2022, 06:33 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Today's Designer's Notes posted in Discord:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 02 - FACTION LORE - The mercenaries of the syndicate call no Valkyrie their master, refusing to bend the knee to any of the warring factions on Valhalla. With motivations as varied as the composition of those species that call the Syndicate their own, the Dawn Raiders take to the battlefields of Valhalla for whichever side pays their high price for temporary loyalty. Often found in the shadows of the main advance, they fight for more than just the spoils, booty or carnage, but because they enjoy the challenge of battle. The Dawn Raiders are led by a charismatic council of captains, who collectively function as the Syndicates governing body in deciding the path of the Dawn Raiders, negotiate terms with the other factions on Valhalla, which contracts to honor, confirm new members into the group etc. With such a diverse mix of characters and specialties within their ranks, there is always a willing crew available for the required task at hand, coming into each battle hard, and making their impact felt, fighting like madmen.
EDIT: Note the text at the bottom: this is a Unique Squad!
EDIT2: A Unique Squad with two different species in it!!!
Quote:
"The Lizard"

I originally thought this one might be a new Lizardfolk hero... but they show up in the concept art for the Monster Slayers Unique Squad (I only count 3 figures in that concept art... I was hoping it would be a 4-figure squad, oh well). I bet the squad will have 4 attack and 3 defense though; look at their relatively light armor and the huge weapons that each of them have (the lizard, the primadon, and the shark).
The Dwarf is in the bottom of the sketch too, in the middle.
Old August 13th, 2022, 07:20 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

The dwarf is not in that squad.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; August 13th, 2022 at 10:00 PM. Reason: . . . he found a new purpose.
Old August 13th, 2022, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garenex View Post

Actually it is Risk 2210 AD - Microcorp is in the middle of the Indian Ocean.
Thank you for the correction!

Old August 14th, 2022, 02:28 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
It is new, official, "canon" Heroscape. The most legitimate Heroscape you could possibly hope for. All that is required for use is either accepting the presence of unpainted figures (in the color of their faction/general) on the battlefield, or getting them painted by some means.

I think you know this, but your obtuse response implies that it is possible you haven't considered the "use unpainted" option. ...
No, I've considered it. I assure you, I'm not being deliberately obtuse any more than you are deliberately ignoring my concerns simply because they aren't yours. I'm just pointing out that I had years (if not decades) where I could have been playing Warhammer with unpainted figures, or many other games with unpainted figures, if that's what I wanted to do. But I never bought any of those games, because it's not a thing that interests me. Heroscape was different, and that's what attracted me.

But I think you know this. As Bats says, there's certainly nothing wrong with just agreeing to disagree on this topic. My only point is (and always has been) that I think it's worth acknowledging the concerns of those folks who share my opinion, and not dismissing them as dumb and irrelevant, as some people seem to want to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old August 14th, 2022, 08:45 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
It is new, official, "canon" Heroscape. The most legitimate Heroscape you could possibly hope for. All that is required for use is either accepting the presence of unpainted figures (in the color of their faction/general) on the battlefield, or getting them painted by some means.

I think you know this, but your obtuse response implies that it is possible you haven't considered the "use unpainted" option. ...
No, I've considered it. I assure you, I'm not being deliberately obtuse any more than you are deliberately ignoring my concerns simply because they aren't yours. I'm just pointing out that I had years (if not decades) where I could have been playing Warhammer with unpainted figures, or many other games with unpainted figures, if that's what I wanted to do. But I never bought any of those games, because it's not a thing that interests me. Heroscape was different, and that's what attracted me.

But I think you know this. As Bats says, there's certainly nothing wrong with just agreeing to disagree on this topic. My only point is (and always has been) that I think it's worth acknowledging the concerns of those folks who share my opinion, and not dismissing them as dumb and irrelevant, as some people seem to want to do.
I totally get it. I did not paint. I tried to play AotP with unpainted minis and just couldn't, the aesthetic was wrong. I even ensured I got the painted minis for fireball island since I was spoiled by heroscape in the past. This is why I always pushed back on translucent minis in SoV, they were close to unpainted, and would have never accepted "alabaster" soilders or whatever people tried to use as encuse for white in painted miniatures.

Until my planned set of AoA is painted it won't fit into my personal head cannon. If painting was abhorrent to me (or an expense I could not justify ontop of the game - which let's be real is for many people) rather than a neat new hobby in it's own right I would likey feel very much the same that I was not getting new heroscape for my definition.

We all know getting painted minis is not something in the cards, but it still sucks and wish it was different. I think the issue is with so many people calling Hasbro greedy or claiming they should just "figure it out" or saying it is the wrong decision. I'm sure the business unit looked at the cost of painting before determining production. And of course they are greedy - they are a multinational, they make games for profit and are going to set the price and product to sell the most units at the highest price while not alienating fans to the point they don't buy future expansions.

So yes it sucks and we can express out regrets, no your complaining will not change anything but make this sight feel a bit more negative for those extra excited. I think it the complaining just to commiserate that rubs people the wrong way as it dampens their spirit and worst case might get Bach to Designers and lead to them feeling less appreciated or to AH itself and impact their launch plane (if they think they will sell less units they may choose a higher MSRP). Even retail buyers might look at the rumers around games to determine buying volumes. If they think a game will be shelf warmerthey will order fewer or none at all.

Of course site traffic is likely a good sign regardless so more posts is good. Regardless of no one ever changing their opinion.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion