Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old May 4th, 2015, 10:08 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: The Holocron of Yoda

Awesome, glad you guys went with my idea to backpack yoda around. He looks simply awesome. He will be so much fun.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 4th, 2015, 10:25 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hot in Here

Sure C3G does have more expensive figures so let's grant that. Let's look at classic/VC and see who can lava dunk.

Jotun 14+ adjacent
Shurrak 15+ adjacent need to have attacked them first
Hoplitron 13+ adjacent

There is no classic figure movement power anywhere near this level of power.

~Dysole, noting that it oddly punishes more expensive figures

Last edited by Dysole; May 4th, 2015 at 10:26 AM. Reason: I may have forgotten someone but I'm pretty sure the Hoplitron is top
Old May 4th, 2015, 10:48 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Yeah, but the thing about Force Push is that it has to be two straight spaces. Jotun/Shurrak can just throw figures 4/3 spaces in any direction once they meet their stipulations (which are more, but once met, a lot less counterable than Force Push). Vader basically has Jotun's power but he can only throw common figures. It has a lot of give and take that balances it out, IMO. Hoplitron would be the only one that's comparable, but he's got bonding.

Like I've said, it all balances. The only time Drake and Solo are gonna get dunked by a Force User is if they are stupid enough to stand in within two straight spaces of lava.
Old May 4th, 2015, 11:38 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

@Dysole There's always the Drow Chainfighter, who just needs 9+. Of course, it has to be the same level, so it doesn't work on many maps, but the range (3 spaces, 6 levels) is pretty good. And then there's the Wyvern, who has automatic lava dunking (again, same level required for him to land on). If you want to be very technical, a Warforged Soldier can lava dunk with Tactical Switch, as long as they survive the lava themselves.

(Sorry for the continued hijack, but I think it's helpful to realize that all previous lava-dunkers have a significant restriction. To have Mastery be able to dunk figures in lava would be unprecedented in that way.)
Old May 4th, 2015, 01:24 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
@Dysole There's always the Drow Chainfighter, who just needs 9+. Of course, it has to be the same level, so it doesn't work on many maps, but the range (3 spaces, 6 levels) is pretty good. And then there's the Wyvern, who has automatic lava dunking (again, same level required for him to land on). If you want to be very technical, a Warforged Soldier can lava dunk with Tactical Switch, as long as they survive the lava themselves.

(Sorry for the continued hijack, but I think it's helpful to realize that all previous lava-dunkers have a significant restriction. To have Mastery be able to dunk figures in lava would be unprecedented in that way.)
Yes well both Wyvern and DC need same level which hampers them a lot more than a d20 roll does. I'm told to just stay two spaces away from lava. It's not always as easy as you'd think.

~Dysole, who feels a little bad about making such a big stink about this but feels if it doesn't happen now it'll happen later after even more HoSS cards are out
Old May 4th, 2015, 02:31 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

First of all, don't feel bad.

Ok, secondly, remember that Force Push has to move the figure farther away, so while all of those spots are targets for lava dunking, figures in the SZ spots probably aren't gonna be dunked unless the opponent rushes in with his force user.

Also, except for the shadows and the level 3 lava, all of those spots can be surpassed by 5-move figures on Turn 1.

And even still, if we were doing a Jotun chart on that map, you'd be covering even more spaces.

The only thing I would warn us (HoSS) doing would be going bonding to multiple Force Push heroes. I was pushing for bonding on Yoda and now that we're having this discussion, I'm glad we didn't, but that's the only thing I can think of.

Obviously each map is going to be different. Not every army and every map in a tournament is going to have a force user and lava, so I still think it's not a huge issue.
Old May 4th, 2015, 02:31 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I think the map image you posted blows it out of proportion since it also depends upon where the figure using Force Push is standing. The figure using Force Push has to do some planning with their movement to be able to set up a lava dunk push just like a Wyvern has to do. If they are not careful, they could end up like this:

Old May 4th, 2015, 04:46 PM

Leaving It

All right. I've made myself heard. It is very possible I'm overestimating the concern but my experience with C3G has made me very aware how powerful figure movement is. Since I know Force Push will be showing up again and again I'd like to head it off now before it requires revamping a ton of cards. I could be wrong but I am of the opinion that Force Push is undercosted at the minimum. Carry on.

~Dysole, who will say that Yoda's first power is very cool
Old May 4th, 2015, 05:57 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker

This is probably a terrible question, but is a tree an object?
Old May 4th, 2015, 06:14 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not User Name View Post
This is probably a terrible question, but is a tree an object?
For traditional scape, it is part of the terrain. But if you wanted to go further, I know that C3G and/or Grishnack has made some destructible object cards for evergreen trees.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 4th, 2015, 06:44 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Yoda cannot move trees, ruined wall, castle walls, etc. As TREX says, they are terrain. The term Objects refers to Destructible Objects such as the Crate, Container and Chemical Canister. We have more Destructible Objects planned.
Old May 4th, 2015, 09:01 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

HoSS Synergy benefits received:

2-1B : Rebel Field Medic
Being a Unique non-droid or vehicle that follows the Rebel Alliance, Yoda may benefit from 2-1B's REBEL FIELD MEDIC special power.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape