Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 26th, 2015, 02:21 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Wow, that Conan game looks pretty awesome.
Old January 26th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
the one who unraveled that mystery and shared it on his blog and at BGG. Pete didn't get the warmest reception for this investigation on BGG, but that could be because that community tends to frown upon people who express themselves as brashly as Pete does.
They actually were really supportive, but not because of me, who people usually hated there, but because as much as they hated me, they hated MayDay much, much more.

Here's the lurid details:

My review of their board...
http://superflycircus.com/2011/03/ma...-crock-o-crap/
...which led to...
http://superflycircus.com/2011/03/ma...-of-the-story/
...my investigation and discovery of them selling used goods as new to unsuspecting customers.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old January 26th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Wow, that Conan game looks pretty awesome.
Yeah, I tried talking my buddy Jeff into backing it, so I can play it. But he declined, as he has too much already invested in Galaxy Defenders, Star Wars X-Wing, Heroes of Normandy and not is getting into Star Wars Imperial Assault.

Oh well, as appealing as it looks, I have a $250 kickstarter that I should hopefully get in late spring/early summer. So dropping $135 on Conan wouldn't be prudent for me at the moment, as much as I'd love to.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 26th, 2015, 03:36 PM

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

It ~looks~ great and it's by one of my favorite designers, but when you break down the gameplay, it's similar to a lot of other games and arguably those do it better. Okko and Galaxy Defenders are two of the games that come to mind.

I just backed Space Cadets: Away Missions and I think that's a TRULY neat design - very "fun first" and it simplifies much about these kinds of games that end up being over-complex for complexity's sake. I am a HUGE Conan fan and have been for 30 years but that game just doesn't do it for me like Space Cadets does.

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Old January 26th, 2015, 03:48 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yeah Space Cadets looks kind of neat SFTNT, and I like the old-school look to it. But since my buddy has Galaxy Defenders that we started a campaign for and he backed the newer GD stuff as well, that would fill that genre for me at least.

I backed MERCS Recon, so that will have a different feel too.

If you ever get a chance to try out Warfighter: The Tactical Special Forces Card Game, it is pretty cool thematic fun.

Old January 26th, 2015, 03:51 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Very nice. However, with all the Borg games and all their expansions, I'm pretty good for this sort of thing. While I've seen Scape hexes used with 54mm, my rules don't favor hexes in that scale, especially with only 1 hex terrain features.

They would certainly work for smaller scales such as Scape (which I also have enough of) and Star Wars, etc.
Old January 27th, 2015, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Yeah Space Cadets looks kind of neat SFTNT, and I like the old-school look to it. But since my buddy has Galaxy Defenders that we started a campaign for and he backed the newer GD stuff as well, that would fill that genre for me at least.

I backed MERCS Recon, so that will have a different feel too.

If you ever get a chance to try out Warfighter: The Tactical Special Forces Card Game, it is pretty cool thematic fun.

yeah, it looks pretty awesome. i just traded Galaxy Defenders ... didnt dig it.

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Old February 7th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Prickly Cactus

I may be getting into this one.

Old February 8th, 2015, 12:16 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Got Tiny Epic Defenders in the mail. I hope I get to play it sometime soon! (As well a Tiny Epic Kingdoms.)
Old February 8th, 2015, 01:00 AM
Prickly Cactus

Tiny Epic Defenders looked pretty cool. I did get Tiny Epic Kingdoms awhile ago and I like it. Tiny Epic Galaxies looks pretty neat too.

Old February 8th, 2015, 01:58 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Got Tiny Epic Defenders in the mail. I hope I get to play it sometime soon! (As well a Tiny Epic Kingdoms.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Tiny Epic Defenders looked pretty cool. I did get Tiny Epic Kingdoms awhile ago and I like it. Tiny Epic Galaxies looks pretty neat too.
Eagerly awaiting my copy of TED. Love TEK. Also backed TEG so can't wait for that one either. I suspect that TEG will be my favourite. I deliberately haven't played the PnP versions of TED & TEG so that I can really savor the first time I play the production copies .

I also backed Harbour by Scott Almes, seems I like his designs .
Old February 8th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post

Eagerly awaiting my copy of TED. Love TEK. Also backed TEG so can't wait for that one either. I suspect that TEG will be my favourite. I deliberately haven't played the PnP versions of TED & TEG so that I can really savor the first time I play the production copies .

I also backed Harbour by Scott Almes, seems I like his designs .
I looked into Harbour just now and it does look pretty cool. One of my favorite reviewers, Joel Eddy seems to like it a lot. Thanks for the heads up on this @A3n , I'll have to get it when it comes out.

I've got another game by Scott Almes, Kings of Air and Steam. I like it quite a bit. It's a steampunk pick-up and delivery game, where players can have their own special abilities and there is a variable goods market like in Harbour (though different mechanic for it).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games