Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 9th, 2017, 06:52 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: wriggz's Customs: Hero Pack 2 - 2017/02/12

@wriggz - it appears photobucket has decided to be greedy and block your cards. As you have tonnes of great ones, many of which I would like to pick up some day, this seems a real shame.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 11th, 2017, 09:15 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
@wriggz - it appears photobucket has decided to be greedy and block your cards. As you have tonnes of great ones, many of which I would like to pick up some day, this seems a real shame.
Thanks for the heads up. I have started the process of moving all the photos to another site. I will be sure to update the OP.

Also thanks for the compliment, It is cool to think that someone other than my playgroup might get some use out of these customs.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 26th, 2017, 11:59 PM

MrQuatsch is surprisingly tart

Your stuff sounds great. Post when you are able to show pictures.
Old July 31st, 2017, 12:33 PM

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: wriggz's Customs: Hero Pack - 2016/10/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Hero Pack 2 - Heroes of the Rift

It has been a while but this is my latest batch of customs. After 108 customs cards I have to say my collection is more than complete. I have a couple more ideas for a few heroes or a squad or two, but it will be a while before I put anything down on paper. I have tried to keep the Hero/Squad balance close to the classic, but this collection throws it fairly out of whack. These are not my best customs, but they are worth including for completeness.

Dree "Digger" Flaz
Figure: Phreggs #117 Mage Knight Nexus

While Scytale added an undead outlaw under valkrill, I went to Atrocious for mine. A Tuatark like Siiv, Dree has clearly been inspired by earth’s Wild West in the same way Calibrax has been. A neat by annoying filler figure, Dree is specialized in running away and living to fight another day. I’m not sure why he is carrying a shovel, but that is just the type of weirdness that fits into Heroscape sometimes. If you have 15 points left Isumu is likely a better bet, but I still like the little outlaw’s theme.

Helevil
Figure: Confrontation: Hero Box - Azael

Now this is one figure that I’m not sure about. An undead queen to go along with the Death Knights, her enslave special attack makes perfect sense for bringing back expensive squad figures. I’m sure her Death’s Aura breaks all kinds of rules, but I think it is a neat trick. It is like Kira’s exploit weakness, but it also impacts attack based powers like the Minion’s Deadly Strike. It is such a corner case power that I’m not sure how valuable it is, but it mostly for flavour anyway.

Thera
Figure: Catfolk Wilder #14 Deathknell D&D Miniatures DDM

Similar to Agent Kottur, this was a hard design to pin down, and is still something I’m mulling over. Again Thera has use in unconventional builds being able to be combined with the Spiders or the Werewolf Lord. She specifically benefits form the Fyorlag Spiders web with her recycled Hunters advantage. Nothing outstanding, but they cannot all be awesome.

Prince Husain
Figure: Galeshi Sorcerer #090 Mage Knight Dark Riders

Named for the owner of the Flying carpet from 1001 Arabian Nights, Prince Husain is one of my few magic users and only Wizard. The mini is fantastic and I really like how he looks with my other Arabian warriors despite having no synergy. With Electric bolts and flying he is a bit of a mini Nilfheim. Sandstorm is a great anti-range aura, however it requires him to get right into the fray to utilize and with only 2 defense that is a very dangerous prospect.

Astrid
Figure: Regal Skymage #050 Mage Knight Sorcery

The final custom I have left is, fittingly a Kyrie. I really wanted to create something that has lots of appeal, but no specific build in the same vein as Raelin. Astrid is able to give any melee army a boost, but unlike Raelin you have to keep pushing her up to get the benefit of the movement boost as well as the attack. I lowered her life by one, and kept her points reasonable to keep her from being totally broken. Because of how it is worded her aura only works if the figure starts within 4 clear sight spaces so she can launch figures out to attack. I know Astrid would be broken with the Fen Hydra, however one day my son will be old enough to play and she will be an excellent starter figure.

Can people see these images? If so I will update everything else, but I wanted to check first.

Old July 31st, 2017, 01:09 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I can!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 31st, 2017, 03:27 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Not on mobile but I haven't checked my comp yet.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 31st, 2017, 03:36 PM
Hard as ice

Okay - they've disappeared now.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 25th, 2017, 04:17 PM

Week 26 – Ullar’s Insects

Bio: Within the forests of Ullar it is not uncommon to hear the eerie clicks of the Acridin, an ancient race whose origins are only known to Ullar himself. Their odd appearance and unique language distances them from the Elves and other Kyrie who make up Ullar’s army, but it does not make them any less useful. Dispatched as scouts and skirmishers, the Acridins appear suddenly and when attacked disappear just as quickly. Death is certain for those who get caught in their stunners, as paralysis sets in before being swarmed by the rush attackers. Those who survive an attack from the Acridins swear both that they are impossible to hit, as if they sense the attack coming, and that they will never set foot in Ullar’s forest again.

Designer Notes: All thought people familiar with Star Wars Episode II will recognize the Genosians pretty quickly, they looked like generic insect aliens enough that I thought they would make a nice common squad and hero. As much as it would have made sense to have the Insects follow Aquilla, I already have a number of additional factions following Aquilla, so this was an opportunity to flush out Ullar. Having the species of the Acridin and Caelif be insects, instead of Insectoids allowed for bonding with Sujoah, who could use some dusting off. Those familiar with entomology will recognize when the names came from.

Acridin Chasers

Figures – Geonosian Overseer #42 Clone Strike Star Wars Miniatures, Geonosian Drone #41 Clone Strike Star Wars Miniatures

When I was designing the Acridin Chasers, I wanted them to act like the grasshoppers I see every summer. The two things that stood out is they “Leap” but don’t fly and they are incredibly skittish. The logical solution was to steal Steal Leap without the leap from the Monks and the Spider Sense from Spiderman allowing for multiple figures to move. I really liked the result as they leap around the map, but still get tied down with engagement. Their hyper senses still protect them from attacks while engaged, but also allows for repositioning, which can be very powerful. I like the bonding with Sujoah since she can use some company, and the Chasers have the speed to keep up. I’m not a huge fan of the name “Chasers” but it is the best I could think of to describe their playstyle.

Caelif

Figure - Geonosian Soldier #44 Clone Strike Star Wars Miniatures

Caelif’s “stunner” is a simple OM removal power, but works great with the bonding squad, and creates some neat in game choices and deeper consideration of OM management for both sides. A 25% chance of removing an order marker is not too high, especially when the “X” marker is in play. Even with 2 attack; flying and range can still do damage, so Caelif and the Acridins should not be underestimated.

Old August 28th, 2017, 10:20 AM

Re: wriggz's Customs: Ullar's Insects - 2017/08/25

Updated the OP with corrections on a handful of cards to match cards that showed prior to the Photobucket snafu.

Old August 28th, 2017, 01:23 PM
Hard as ice

Great to see your cards back, Wriggz! I also really like the insect faction - I hope this means this thread is still receiving updates from time to time?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 30th, 2017, 01:53 PM

I have a few new cards in the works which I will post in the coming weeks.

In the mean time, I have some updates for balance and corrections:

44th Precinct - Add 4th member, changed from Double Shields to a Re-roll.

Astrid – Clarified the Words on her Aura and shrank its aura.

Bear Spirit and Raven Spirit – Realized the power only worked on Brave Arrow instead of the Mohicans and Teeth of Makwa. Changed from effecting Tribesman to Fearsome Human.

Bzoren – Dropped points from 160 => 150

Harpies – Clarified that Talons doesn’t stack with the attacking Harpy

Prince Husain – Clarified wording on Sandstorm, increased Life 5 => 6, and Points 105 => 115

Laidir – Reduced defense 4 => 3, increased Life 4 => 5 and Camouflage 1 => 2

Squadron Red 31 – Extended the range on Protect the Leader from 2 to 5 sight spaces of enemy figure

SS Herrenvolk – Removed defense boost, and replaced it with a Range Boost. Reduce range 6 => 5

Grey Faction:
Alpha Tribe – Reduced points 125 => 100, increased Range and Aura Range 4 => 5

Delta Tribe – Reduced Points 125 => 120, increased Defense 3 => 4

Gamma Tribe – Increased points 125 => 130

Pi One – Removed Order Marker limitation of Telepathic Tactics

Old September 4th, 2017, 12:11 PM

Week 27: Ninjas and Archers
*note these will be found in the Martial Artists and Nhah Sections on the main page.

Twilight Clan

Figure: Hand Ninja #015 Avengers/Defenders War, Hand Ninja #004 Xplosion, Hand Ninja #009 Xplosion Marvel Heroclix

Designer Notes: Designing a three man melee squad can be very challenging to make them relevant. With the Twilight clan I wanted them to work well with the ninja heroes, but no bonding. The idea I had was to allow them to be Disguised, and then when attacked suddenly reveal themselves to be a hero. In the case of the Good Ninjas (Kumiko, Moriko and Shiori) they all have slightly higher defense, and benefit from getting to move up the board without taking fire. On the evil ninjas suddenly the attacker might have to deal with Counter strike or Vanish. Within my own customs there is Kunoichi who has disappearing ninja. This power also works with the Ninjas of the north wind, so all the ninjas play nice together. Finally Otonashi ends up being fodder keeping a Twilight clan member alive for another day.

Nhah Scirh Archers

Figure: Confrontation Scorpions Crossbowmen

Designer Notes: Another 3 man squad, the Archers are about as suicidal as they come. With only 1 base attack, even with height advantage and against large/huge figures they are only throwing 3 dice. Are 2 auto skulls worth 20 points? Consider they have a good shot of throwing 3 skulls 3 times in a single turn, which can crack the defense of some heavy armor. Additionally, with Arachnu (in my Nhah heroes) they get a +1 move, allowing them to get into position even faster and secure that first strike.

Last edited by wriggz; September 4th, 2017 at 12:36 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards