Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old June 22nd, 2015, 05:08 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

Yep, I just think that since the SoV was launched sometimes people are too focused on making things for the SoV rather than having fun. I have similar concerns about the effect of BoV on creative map-building too (and made a thread about that one as well).

One of the problems with groups as great as the SoV and the BoV is that they can draw too much focus and the potential of the game is channeled more narrowly than I think is ideal.

Sure, for this thread, the beastmaster is not going anywhere. I'd just love for the reaction to that to be that ten people made their own beastmasters to probe the limits of what could be a neat non-canonical idea, rather than shrugging and thinking "nah, doesn't fit the canon" (which is my overly interpreted version of what people tend to say).
Old June 22nd, 2015, 08:24 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

From a discussion back when the ideas for the C3V and SoV were forming:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater
I'm all for continuing creating customs on this site, but I'm not excited to see this project happen. For me just looking at various members threads and getting ideas and maybe using some of the units there that I like is good enough.
You'll still be able to do that. Individual customs threads are not going anywhere. Some will stick around because their creators have been maintaining and expanding their own projects for years, more will pop up from customizers hoping to join the new project, and still others will remain because not everyone will like what the new project puts out. It can all coexist.
I've always felt the same as ollie - players should feel free to do whatever they want with the system. C3V shoots for canonicity in our work, and I try to do the same for my personal customs, but I've played with stuff that's a long way from feeling like official Heroscape canon and still managed to have a fun time. The system is durable enough and flexible enough that a custom has to be pretty darn off the mark to be unfun.
Old June 22nd, 2015, 08:24 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't think we should be using Canon's against Buffalo's...that's just cruel!

Aquilla, IMHO, would be the general that would use Bison (or Fubbalo's for that matter). To me any large animal would be best suited for that army. Just ask any ginormous Wasp!

Remember even SoV and BoV are there to expand the game and I hope they do not fall under the same hubris that Hasbro had.
This game can so much more than what can be produced by any one group of people, far less a major corporation.

Have fun and keep it Mooving.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; June 22nd, 2015 at 08:25 PM. Reason: That last one was bad...sorry.
Old June 22nd, 2015, 08:26 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Have fun and keep it Mooving.
This is the bus I caught from home to work and back for two years:

I'm with you.

Last edited by ollie; June 22nd, 2015 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Not sure it's clear from the photo, but it's called the "Moover"
Old June 22nd, 2015, 08:28 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That's udderly ridiculous!

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; June 22nd, 2015 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Someone had to say it!
Old June 22nd, 2015, 11:36 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

What if they made a whole new faction. The beast master could control all units with class beast and personality Feral/savage.

Side note. With the C3V using several different figures for some units, is there a possibility of doing so for others with more generic roles? I.e. Using several different wolf figures for 1 wolf hero should they be similar enough.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 12:56 AM

shmet Woo who?

I would like to see C3V use some lotr combat hex figures, they are really easy to find on ebay (bigcoin123 has an ebay store almost entirely devoted to combat hex) and fit so well on heroscape maps that the map systems for the two games can be readily exchanged. I don't know if this has been previously suggested, but I don't recall seeing any C3V or SOV figures from combat hex.

EDIT: Not to mention that we could finally get some knight archers. This figure in particular is pretty easy to find.

Icke skall jag frukta. Ty, fruktan är sinnedödaren. Fruktan är den lilla döden som bringar fullständig förintelse.

Last edited by shmet; June 23rd, 2015 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Remembered additional information
Old June 23rd, 2015, 12:30 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmet View Post
I would like to see C3V use some lotr combat hex figures, they are really easy to find on ebay (bigcoin123 has an ebay store almost entirely devoted to combat hex) and fit so well on heroscape maps that the map systems for the two games can be readily exchanged. I don't know if this has been previously suggested, but I don't recall seeing any C3V or SOV figures from combat hex.

EDIT: Not to mention that we could finally get some knight archers. This figure in particular is pretty easy to find.

Seconded. I bought a bunch of the combat hex figures from bigcoin123 and the scale is perfect for 'Scape and the prices are very reasonable.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 01:50 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
the scale is perfect for 'Scape
In the ballpark, perhaps, but I wouldn't say perfect. The LOTR figures are definitely taller overall. It's especially noticeable with the Elves. I bought some a few years ago for customs-making, and when I saw how tall they were I tossed 'em in a drawer and focused on other miniatures instead.

YMMV.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old June 23rd, 2015, 03:34 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I don't think they are that much taller, especially if you take them off that huge base. Perfect scale? No. Adequately close? Absolutely.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 04:59 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I don't think they are that much taller, especially if you take them off that huge base. Perfect scale? No. Adequately close? Absolutely.
Almost all the C3V, SoV sculpts are a little bit off
Old June 23rd, 2015, 07:40 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
the scale is perfect for 'Scape
In the ballpark, perhaps, but I wouldn't say perfect. The LOTR figures are definitely taller overall. It's especially noticeable with the Elves. I bought some a few years ago for customs-making, and when I saw how tall they were I tossed 'em in a drawer and focused on other miniatures instead.

YMMV.
Agreed but I would rather have some taller elves than the smaller D&D sized ones. The Aubrien Archers are pretty buff compared to D&D elf minis.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs