Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 3rd, 2012, 07:09 PM

Grut Ranger is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Freelance Feedback Focus Group (3FG) - New Thread!

I'd like to nominate Talisman, if there's room.
Sorry, can't post link code on a mobile device. At least, not from photobucket. I'll try to get it up as soon as possible. In the mean time, the card can be found by following the link to my thread in my signature.

Grut Ranger's Custom Workshop
New stuff! Be sure to keep checking back, as I update regularly.

U play N.O.V.A. 3? PM me!!!
Old October 3rd, 2012, 07:22 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grut Ranger View Post
I'd like to nominate Talisman, if there's room.
Sorry, can't post link code on a mobile device. At least, not from photobucket. I'll try to get it up as soon as possible. In the mean time, the card can be found by following the link to my thread in my signature.
Here I got it for you.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old October 3rd, 2012, 07:26 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I like the name Talisman for this character, I also really enjoy Aura of the Forge, though I am not to sure I like his Secret of the Forebuilders, it doesn't really fit with D&D lore (unless you no something about House Cannith that I don't), nor does a Warforged that's not a spellcaster having the ability to curse things really sit well with me... *shrug* however he is all yours, personally I think he would be perfect with just three powers.
As I said over in your thread here's my basic thoughts on your figure. The reason I don't like Secret of the Forebuilders as a power name is because it sounds closer to the Forerunners from Halo then who actually built the Warforged, perhaps the Secrets of Cannith would be a name you'd be willing to accept? And instead of calling it a curse marker maybe call it an aggro marker? Or a prestige marker? That way it sounds more like something a warlord would do, rather than a spellcaster? Cause I can see a spellcaster cursing someone to attack only himself, but I think a Warlord ability that does a similar thing would be more about the lure of the honor gained from defeating him in battle... perhaps a taunt marker?

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old October 3rd, 2012, 07:35 PM

Grut Ranger is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Quote:
I like the name Talisman for this character, I also really enjoy Aura of the Forge, though I am not to sure I like his Secret of the Forebuilders, it doesn't really fit with D&D lore (unless you no something about House Cannith that I don't), nor does a Warforged that's not a spellcaster having the ability to curse things really sit well with me... *shrug* however he is all yours, personally I think he would be perfect with just three powers.
As I said over in your thread here's my basic thoughts on your figure. The reason I don't like Secret of the Forebuilders as a power name is because it sounds closer to the Forerunners from Halo then who actually built the Warforged, perhaps the Secrets of Cannith would be a name you'd be willing to accept? And instead of calling it a curse marker maybe call it an aggro marker? Or a prestige marker? That way it sounds more like something a warlord would do, rather than a spellcaster? Cause I can see a spellcaster cursing someone to attack only himself, but I think a Warlord ability that does a similar thing would be more about the lure of the honor gained from defeating him in battle... perhaps a taunt marker?
Thanks for the correction, and yeah, those are some great recommendations.
Maybe "Bindings of Honor" instead.

Grut Ranger's Custom Workshop
New stuff! Be sure to keep checking back, as I update regularly.

U play N.O.V.A. 3? PM me!!!
Old October 3rd, 2012, 08:09 PM
the above

Bindings of honor sounds perfect

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:15 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Based on your input, I've changed the Souls of Vengeance. The SA was redone to reflect the situation where one figures uses the SA and another makes a normal attack. On "Revenge of the Fallen" I liked the idea that an opponent had to destroy the figure for it to trigger, since that goes with vengeance theme -- but I ran out of room on the card, so it didn't make the cut.

I think this may be the final version? Unless you have further suggestions. Thanks again for your help with this card!

Einar
Common Squad
Undead
Spirit
Relentless

Life 1
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 1
Defense 3
60 Points

REVENGE OF THE FALLEN
Souls of Vengeance do not start the game on the battlefield. Instead, if one of your figures has been destroyed, you may replace that figure immediately, if possible, with a Soul of Vengeance. Construct, Undead, or Soulborg figures cannot be replaced by a Soul of Vengeance.

SOUL FORCE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1, Attack Special. If a Soul of Vengeance has not attacked normally, and if it moved through an opponent's figure and ended on a previously empty space, it may use Soul Force Special Attack. If this is the first Soul Force Special Attack on that figure this round, roll 2 attack dice. If it is the second, roll 3 attack dice. If it is the third or higher, roll 4 attack dice. Common Figures attacked by Soul Force Special Attack roll 2 fewer defense dice. Constructs, Undead, and Soulborgs are not affected by Soul Force Special Attack.

ETHEREAL MOVEMENT
A Soul of Vengeance adds 3 defense dice when rolling a defense against a normal attack from a figure who is not adjacent, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When counting spaces for this unit's movement, ignore elevations. This unit may move over water without stopping, pass through figures without becoming engaged, and move through obstacles such as ruins.
Old January 14th, 2013, 11:29 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is this thread still open?

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old January 14th, 2013, 11:37 PM
the above

Well I still have this thread on subscription... so I guess that counts as open...

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old January 15th, 2013, 12:05 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I'm willing to throw some input in here, if there's a custom to throw it at.
Old January 15th, 2013, 12:08 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I will also have my eye on this thread.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 15th, 2013, 12:32 AM

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@superfrog, go check out the chcg24 thread, you've been nominated.

@all, I will post my Guardian Spirit custom here tomorrow. It's in the OP of my customs thread if you want to see it earlier. My phone is having trouble copying URLs.

Old January 15th, 2013, 04:01 PM

For proxying: A Wolf of Badru, Fyorlag Spider, Marrden Nagrub, Deathreaver, Axegrinder, or Goblin Cutter will do perfectly fine.

I'd appreciate some feedback on this guy. I want to get him inducted into the SoV. I also wanted to avoid making him too wordy. His sculpt is widely available. abprices shows 110+for $1 or less and 70+ more for $2 or less. I feel kindof bad using such an available sculpt on a Unique Hero, but stacking these can make some heroes unstoppable and keeping track of them on different heroes is too much. Maybe if there was another sculpt I like it could be switched so this guy can be used for a common hero.

EDIT: Possible Alternate Sculpt
  • I know about Stay Close needing to be capitalized in the power
  • I'm considering making it impossible to attack the Master while the GS is adjacent instead of the +defense
  • I don't want this to be able to protect Q9, Raelin, or Cyprien, so huans and elves seemed like a simple way to fix that
  • The points are my main concern
  • I think I might bump down the attack to 2 to keep the price down and stop him form doubling as cleanup
  • I think it's ok to hide him out of LoS and make it basically impossible to attack his Master. They're still within his aura.

Last edited by greygnarl; January 15th, 2013 at 05:23 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards